First fast charging experience- it was free!!

MurphyDog

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I’m in Sacramento, California and I just had my first Electrify America experience. Found the chargers using Apple Maps and it said it was free, but the Ford Pass app and EA app said 0.43 per kWh. We stopped by and everything worked flawlessly. Charged from 37% to 88% while we had coffee.

Total cost - FREE!!
It came to $20.64 and then it gave a -$20.64 discount. Fantastic.

CB4DE051-1E1F-41FE-AB7C-59543A3A8D30.jpeg

D23D8F90-CDB3-48BC-99E7-792E864A2630.jpeg

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
No! No! No!
Electrify America is horrible. You have to spend more time on the forums. We can’t have you ruining our gripes. What will be have to complain about if you go saying this charging thing works. /s
But seriously, glad it worked for you. Did you use plug&charge? The EA app? The FordPass app? Swipe a card. Share your wisdom.

OP
OP
MurphyDog

MurphyDog

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
But seriously, glad it worked for you. Did you use plug&charge? The EA app? The FordPass app? Swipe a card. Share your wisdom.
I have Plug and charge all setup. All I did was pull up, plug in and it said Hello Free and started to charge. It quickly ramped up to 123kw and then we walked away. The Ford Pass app sent me a notification when it reached 80%.

dml105

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadowfax, the Star White Tricoated Metallic Pony
Country flag
And it didn’t deduct that charge from your 250 kWh allotment in FordPass?

OP
OP
MurphyDog

MurphyDog

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
And it didn’t deduct that charge from your 250 kWh allotment in FordPass?
Nope. Apparently all the EA fast chargers are listed as Free in the Bay Area. I don’t understand why and I can’t find any information on it.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
No! No! No!
Electrify America is horrible. You have to spend more time on the forums. We can’t have you ruining our gripes. What will be have to complain about if you go saying this charging thing works. /s
yup - this is clearly Fake News because charging is a DISASTER!!!!!1!!11!!11!!1!!!2!!!1!!!11!!@22!111!!!!!!! and never works for anybody, anywhere, at any time.

;)

DanCoon

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Government
Country flag
I happen to be from the Sacramento area and just got back from a day trip to Tahoe... I decided to try out the FordPass Network and hooked up to a D/C charger that was in the network, when I got home I noticed I got charged $18 for the session and it was not deduced from my free balance. Anybody else have this problem?? I activated the charger through the app.

OP
OP
MurphyDog

MurphyDog

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I happen to be from the Sacramento area and just got back from a day trip to Tahoe... I decided to try out the FordPass Network and hooked up to a D/C charger that was in the network, when I got home I noticed I got charged $18 for the session and it was not deduced from my free balance. Anybody else have this problem?? I activated the charger through the app.
What brand of charger were they? I only see the ElectrifyAmerica chargers listed as free on Apple Maps. I definitely was not charged anything and my balance is still 250kw.

A38B5578-7BBB-4461-AA26-4B81DC45682B.jpeg

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
I know you got this answer on your own thread about this but for anyone else that looks here - it's because the charger was EVgo, not EA.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
What brand of charger were they? I only see the ElectrifyAmerica chargers listed as free on Apple Maps. I definitely was not charged anything and my balance is still 250kw.

Ford Mustang Mach-E First fast charging experience- it was free!! A38B5578-7BBB-4461-AA26-4B81DC45682B
Free. Free. Free. Free. Free!

F15Farmer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 FE Mach-E
Country flag
Never had a single issue with EA Charging. I’m about 1/2 way through my 500KWh balance on Ford Pass. I do not get free charging like apparently is available in CA though.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Never had a single issue with EA Charging. I’m about 1/2 way through my 500KWh balance on Ford Pass. I do not get free charging like apparently is available in CA though.
Huh? If you're getting charging with the free kwh through fordpass, aren't you getting free charging?
Sponsored