UW2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
Pig Iron said:

I received my Mach E X last Tuesday. The car is perfect. It drives perfect. It has zero quality issues that need to go back to dealer for. It charges much faster than my Bolt on 240. It wants to be driven swiftly. And it is fun. Don't sweat it. They have their reasons to delay and you should appreciate them if it saves you a trip to the dealer post delivery
Ford Mustang Mach-E First Forum Member receives his Mach-E X! prize-

You win some kind of prize - you are the first forum member to report receiving the Mach E as far as I can tell!

**CHECK OUT OUR OFFICIAL MACH-E OWNERS REGISTRY**

POST/REVIEW FROM OUR FIRST MACH-E OWNER, PIG IRON (JIM):

Good morning All,

I'll be glad to give you a roundup of the Mach E from the very beginning. We installed solar panels 3 years ago; both to save on energy and do our part for the planet (we do have some cars that don't fit that bill but they don't get driven much at all...). We had a hotrod Golf R and I traded it straight for a '17 Chevy Bolt after it occurred to us: why not? It proved up the electric concept. We put 52,000 miles on it in 2 1/2 years. It was quick, completely trouble-free, a great commuter car (kind of like riding in a subway car...it takes awhile to get used to no engine noise, exhaust noise, transmission noise...but you do). We came to love not planning to go to gas stations weekly, going to gas stations, etc. Go home, plug in daily, always full and ready to go. Also, the only maintenance for 200,000 miles were tire rotations. Our annual electric bills at home w/ panels average $40/month with the solar panels including car (saved us $2,200 year in gas), pool, etc. Anyone that doesn't think panels work should rethink it.

Which brings us to the Mach E. We believe in electric and will say a couple of things: when range is 400-600 miles per charge, it is over for gas. And the Shelby and GT Mach E will be street terrors. First time we saw it on a thread we were on it and not because it was a Mustang or a Ford. We all have to admit it is striking. We picked it up at Sam Pack Five Star Ford in Carrollton Texas and Trey and Rueben and all the staff made the whole process priceless.

About the Mach E. It is much larger than you will expect. Don't doubt it. The interior is very nice. We have a black interior and are very happy with it. Getting past first impressions, to drive it is quite nice. As I mentioned, this is a X rwd. The Bolt we had was quick; I always said like '93 Mustang GT quick. This car I would call swift. It has a nice torquey pull and, unlike the Bolt, feels like it has a nice higher speed grunt. Unlike the Bolt, it seems to beg to be driven fast, ie, fast highway speeds. Not great for a charge but then the car has much longer range so not a big issue. One of the things I like is the Intelligent cruise control which adjusts for speed limit changes (and you can set high and low tolerances above and below). Set the cruise and forget it.
On the road it rides very nicely, especially on the highway. I would call it sporty (in the day, personal luxury car sporty); the GT will be spot on I would think. It has a minor bump in the ride on rough roads but no biggy and much better than a soggy ride, it handles expansion joints well. It is nice. It has lane centering which I have never been a fan of but lane aid (with alert off)is excellent.
I left my neighborhood a few days ago and of all things a new paper plate Taycan and an early 2000s Vette were tooling along. We zinged along from the light up a twisty with the Mach E easily keeping up the pace with moderate pedal (do recognize I know the Taycan would have turned the Mach E into metal splinters...but the Mach E did not disappoint. I know the difference).
The seats are comfortable and the rear hatch is plenty adequate. We think we love the frunk but haven't used it. The front brakes seem very large for the car, a plus. That being said, one pedal driving is excellent but I do miss the extra regen toggle from the Bolt. I really liked that for pulling the car down hard with the electric motor.
Haven't had a chance to figure out feelings on the glass roof...it hasn't been 105 degrees yet. Would kind of like a blind spot mirror and haven't exactly fell in love with only one key fob but it is early yet. Phone as Key is new to us. I have an android w/ operating system 9 and it seems like it could be better but Iphone is good (and carplay is wireless). Android auto is wireless on new phones.
Overall, excellent. I like it. And it is my wife's car. She will drive the wheels off it with no mercy...and not change oil or go to a gas station. And let people stalk it and take pics.

Ford Mustang Mach-E First Forum Member receives his Mach-E X! 20210105_115840-

Ford Mustang Mach-E First Forum Member receives his Mach-E X! 20210105_134909-

Ford Mustang Mach-E First Forum Member receives his Mach-E X! 20210105_161949-

Ford Mustang Mach-E First Forum Member receives his Mach-E X! 20210105_134950-

Ford Mustang Mach-E First Forum Member receives his Mach-E X! 20210105_134840-

Ford Mustang Mach-E First Forum Member receives his Mach-E X! 20210106_082333-

Last edited by a moderator:

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
There’s an old saying, pictures or it didn’t happen. Either way congrats and looking forward to more deliveries (pictures) :p

FWIW - looking at the user profile it looks like it’s the same person from the TX delivery in late 2020.

Last edited:

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Sentra Spec-V, Infinite Blue Mach E4X Prem
Country flag
With a 2017 Ford Raptor, 2018 GT350R, 1966 G350 i dont blame the persong for being one of the first to get the MME

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag
With a 2017 Ford Raptor, 2018 GT350R, 1966 G350 i dont blame the persong for being one of the first to get the MME
It’s great, just not new news if so. What’s the chance, could be another select delivery. Either way soon for many!

still like to hear more details from a consumer, all welcome information.

OP
OP

UW2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
Also the message from my dealer was, if I may paraphrase, the delay for the cars in transit is more like a week not months.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Also the message from my dealer was, if I may paraphrase, the delay for the cars in transit is more like a week not months.
Yeah that is about the timing of my delay--roughly a week.

Perhaps they haven't posted pics because they are busy road tripping their Mach-E.

Last edited:

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
I move that pig iron be stripped of all 1st MME awards and be banded for 11 minutes because they joined after taking delivery.

Yeah I’m just jealous. ?

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I move that pig iron be stripped of all 1st MME awards and be banded for 11 minutes because they joined after taking delivery.

Yeah I’m just jealous. ?
Probably came across an article with stolen words from the forum and just had to join. The article was about the MME and which "popcorn" reads the best.

??????????

#Yeah-I’m-just-jealous

??????????

bluestarct

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, Highlander, Mazda 6 GT, Mach E FE
Country flag

Yeah I’m just jealous. ?
We are all jealous. He got the call back on December 31st. So they took a few days to pick it up. Still want the write up and pictures.

Well my wife and I just received a call from Sam Pack late yesterday that our long range rwd Premium in red/black is in at Sam Pack. The weather is terrible here and she wants to wait for it to clear...so no car until Friday or Saturday. Vin...06286. Very excited. Have solar panels on roof and have been driving a Chevy Bolt. It has been flawless. The solar and EV have proven their worth. Come on Mach E!

I received my Mach E X last Tuesday. The car is perfect. It drives perfect. It has zero quality issues that need to go back to dealer for. It charges much faster than my Bolt on 240. It wants to be driven swiftly. And it is fun. Don't sweat it. They have their reasons to delay and you should appreciate them if it saves you a trip to the dealer post delivery
Hopefully you were able to submit for the Texas $2500 rebate in time.

Pig Iron

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford Raptor, 2018 GT350R, 1966 G350
Occupation
Just retired
Country flag
Good morning All,
I'll be glad to give you a roundup of the Mach E from the very beginning. We installed solar panels 3 years ago; both to save on energy and do our part for the planet (we do have some cars that don't fit that bill but they don't get driven much at all...). We had a hotrod Golf R and I traded it straight for a '17 Chevy Bolt after it occurred to us: why not? It proved up the electric concept. We put 52,000 miles on it in 2 1/2 years. It was quick, completely trouble-free, a great commuter car (kind of like riding in a subway car...it takes awhile to get used to no engine noise, exhaust noise, transmission noise...but you do). We came to love not planning to go to gas stations weekly, going to gas stations, etc. Go home, plug in daily, always full and ready to go. Also, the only maintenance for 200,000 miles were tire rotations. Our annual electric bills at home w/ panels average $40/month with the solar panels including car (saved us $2,200 year in gas), pool, etc. Anyone that doesn't think panels work should rethink it.

Which brings us to the Mach E. We believe in electric and will say a couple of things: when range is 400-600 miles per charge, it is over for gas. And the Shelby and GT Mach E will be street terrors. First time we saw it on a thread we were on it and not because it was a Mustang or a Ford. We all have to admit it is striking. We picked it up at Sam Pack Five Star Ford in Carrollton Texas and Trey and Rueben and all the staff made the whole process priceless.

About the Mach E. It is much larger than you will expect. Don't doubt it. The interior is very nice. We have a black interior and are very happy with it. Getting past first impressions, to drive it is quite nice. As I mentioned, this is a X rwd. The Bolt we had was quick; I always said like '93 Mustang GT quick. This car I would call swift. It has a nice torquey pull and, unlike the Bolt, feels like it has a nice higher speed grunt. Unlike the Bolt, it seems to beg to be driven fast, ie, fast highway speeds. Not great for a charge but then the car has much longer range so not a big issue. One of the things I like is the Intelligent cruise control which adjusts for speed limit changes (and you can set high and low tolerances above and below). Set the cruise and forget it.
On the road it rides very nicely, especially on the highway. I would call it sporty (in the day, personal luxury car sporty); the GT will be spot on I would think. It has a minor bump in the ride on rough roads but no biggy and much better than a soggy ride, it handles expansion joints well. It is nice. It has lane centering which I have never been a fan of but lane aid (with alert off)is excellent.
I left my neighborhood a few days ago and of all things a new paper plate Taycan and an early 2000s Vette were tooling along. We zinged along from the light up a twisty with the Mach E easily keeping up the pace with moderate pedal (do recognize I know the Taycan would have turned the Mach E into metal splinters...but the Mach E did not disappoint. I know the difference).
The seats are comfortable and the rear hatch is plenty adequate. We think we love the frunk but haven't used it. The front brakes seem very large for the car, a plus. That being said, one pedal driving is excellent but I do miss the extra regen toggle from the Bolt. I really liked that for pulling the car down hard with the electric motor.
Haven't had a chance to figure out feelings on the glass roof...it hasn't been 105 degrees yet. Would kind of like a blind spot mirror and haven't exactly fell in love with only one key fob but it is early yet. Phone as Key is new to us. I have an android w/ operating system 9 and it seems like it could be better but Iphone is good (and carplay is wireless). Android auto is wireless on new phones.
Overall, excellent. I like it. And it is my wife's car. She will drive the wheels off it with no mercy...and not change oil or go to a gas station. And let people stalk it and take pics.

20210105_115840.jpg

20210105_134909.jpg

20210105_161949.jpg

20210105_134950.jpg

20210105_134840.jpg

20210106_082333.jpg

SyNRG

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles