JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Torklift Central reached out to me and asked if I was willing to let my Mach-E be their guinea pig for a few days to develop and test an hitch for the Mach-E. Here is the end result:

This is the “hidden” version of their EcoHitch and they say it’s really the best solution for how the Mach-E is designed. They also said installation was very simple and does not involve removing the bumper panel. The hitch is installed by removing a panel under the car so no need to worry about body panels getting refitted. They took much better photos and I will be sure to share them here when they get posted on social media.

You can check them out here and get in on the presale discount! https://torkliftcentral.com/2021-ford-mustang-mach-e-trailer-hitch. I don’t get a commission, I promise ?

I am really happy with it! They really did an incredible job!

View attachment 20009 View attachment 20010 View attachment 20011 View attachment 20012 View attachment 20013
Thats great - looks hidden too - have you tested with bikes on it yet?

Macheeee

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F-150, 2013 Honda Crosstour, 2010 Audi A5 Con
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
There is a small cut just big enough to fit the hitch in the back of the rear diffuser behind the reverse light. A stealth hitch would require a much bigger hole cut.
EA0BC17A-516A-4573-9674-BF6D2977AB10.jpeg
Feedback from TL, “we did have to trim the bumper fascia, there is no way to get a receiver to come out from the frame to the outside of the vehicle without trimming an access point. We operated the kick sensor several times and it still functions as normal. Let me know if you have anymore amazing questions!”

sambastang

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Veloster, 2021 Mustang Mach-E FE
Occupation
IT Engineer
Country flag
Torklift Central reached out to me and asked if I was willing to let my Mach-E be their guinea pig for a few days to develop and test an hitch for the Mach-E. Here is the end result:

This is the “hidden” version of their EcoHitch and they say it’s really the best solution for how the Mach-E is designed. They also said installation was very simple and does not involve removing the bumper panel. The hitch is installed by removing a panel under the car so no need to worry about body panels getting refitted. They took much better photos and I will be sure to share them here when they get posted on social media.

You can check them out here and get in on the presale discount! https://torkliftcentral.com/2021-ford-mustang-mach-e-trailer-hitch. I don’t get a commission, I promise ?

I am really happy with it! They really did an incredible job!

View attachment 20009 View attachment 20010 View attachment 20011 View attachment 20012 View attachment 20013
Anybody else loving the pony stamp underneath that heretofore I didn't know about? ?♄

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
There is a small cut just big enough to fit the hitch in the back of the rear diffuser behind the reverse light. A stealth hitch would require a much bigger hole cut.
Ford Mustang Mach-E First Hitch Installed on a Mach-E (Torklift EcoHitch) 1615519722510
Ah. Didn't realize there was a cut in the diffuser. I see what you mean about a stealth hitch requiring a bigger hole.

It should be a smaller cut for a 1-1/4" hitch, though.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Ah. Didn't realize there was a cut in the diffuser. I see what you mean about a stealth hitch requiring a bigger hole.

It should be a smaller cut for a 1-1/4" hitch, though.
I doubt they'll bother with a 1-1/4" hitch since 2" is more common and all 1-1/4" accessories can be used with a 2" hitch with an adapter (but not the other way around).

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I doubt they'll bother with a 1-1/4" hitch since 2" is more common and all 1-1/4" accessories can be used with a 2" hitch with an adapter (but not the other way around).
Not quite true. Some bike racks like mine really don't like to be used with adapters.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Really? Why‘s that?
It has a system with two sliding wedges to get really tight in the receiver. A really tight fit inside a sloppy-fitted adapter defeats the purpose and results in more wobble and stresses on the rack and bikes.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
It has a system with two sliding wedges to get really tight in the receiver. A really tight fit inside a sloppy-fitted adapter defeats the purpose and results in more wobble and stresses on the rack and bikes.
Gotcha. I guess you’d have to go with an adapter or locking pin with similar anti-rattle functionality to replicate that.

Dangerfish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 GTPE Cyber Orange
Occupation
Nurse Anesthetist
Country flag
Feedback from TL, “we did have to trim the bumper fascia, there is no way to get a receiver to come out from the frame to the outside of the vehicle without trimming an access point. We operated the kick sensor several times and it still functions as normal. Let me know if you have anymore amazing questions!”
I would be interested in knowing if they are providing some sort of template to show you where and how much to cut. I don't have a problem needing to make a cut, but I don't want it to get screwed up. I want to get it right the first time.
Sponsored

Last edited: