Mantooth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Torklift Central reached out to me and asked if I was willing to let my Mach-E be their guinea pig for a few days to develop and test an hitch for the Mach-E. Here is the end result:

This is the “hidden” version of their EcoHitch and they say it’s really the best solution for how the Mach-E is designed. They also said installation was very simple and does not involve removing the bumper panel. The hitch is installed by removing a panel under the car so no need to worry about body panels getting refitted. They took much better photos and I will be sure to share them here when they get posted on social media.

You can check them out here and get in on the presale discount! https://torkliftcentral.com/2021-ford-mustang-mach-e-trailer-hitch. I don’t get a commission, I promise ?

I am really happy with it! They really did an incredible job!

Ford Mustang Mach-E First Hitch Installed on a Mach-E (Torklift EcoHitch) Torklift EcoHitch -  First Hitch Installed on a Mach-E
Ford Mustang Mach-E First Hitch Installed on a Mach-E (Torklift EcoHitch) Torklift EcoHitch -  First Hitch Installed on a Mach-E 1
Ford Mustang Mach-E First Hitch Installed on a Mach-E (Torklift EcoHitch) Torklift EcoHitch -  First Hitch Installed on a Mach-E 2
Ford Mustang Mach-E First Hitch Installed on a Mach-E (Torklift EcoHitch) Torklift EcoHitch -  First Hitch Installed on a Mach-E 3
Ford Mustang Mach-E First Hitch Installed on a Mach-E (Torklift EcoHitch) Torklift EcoHitch -  First Hitch Installed on a Mach-E 4

Ford Mustang Mach-E First Hitch Installed on a Mach-E (Torklift EcoHitch) Torklift EcoHitch -  First Hitch Installed 5on a Mach-E

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E , 22 MachE, 62 C10 Big window long bed
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
I wonder how easy it will be to install without a lift. Interested.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
a lot of people were waiting on this if the approximately 95810965871 posts about towing are any indication.

since Ford says not to tow at all (in the US), I wonder about warranty impact.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
a lot of people were waiting on this if the approximately 95810965871 posts about towing are any indication.

It's not a warranty issue if you use it for bikes, etc.

bc15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Volt
Country flag
Looks pretty good! Hard to tell from the pictures, but is the receiver sitting just below the rear diffuser? And did they have to cut anything?

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Ford would have to prove that the trailer hitch (or towing) was responsible for a failure in order to not cover the failure under warranty.

Macheeee

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F-150, 2013 Honda Crosstour, 2010 Audi A5 Con
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
Looks pretty good! Hard to tell from the pictures, but is the receiver sitting just below the rear diffuser? And did they have to cut anything?
It does look like a notch on the plastic. I need to look at my car to see if it is a removable piece or they cut it.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Ford would have to prove that the trailer hitch (or towing) was responsible for a failure in order to not cover the failure under warranty.
well, maybe. one of the two manuals directly says not to tow a trailer, period:

Ford Mustang Mach-E First Hitch Installed on a Mach-E (Torklift EcoHitch) 1615475704636

For something like attaching a bike rack like @ChasingCoral talked about, that's not going to come up.

but for towing a trailer, it seems like this is a pretty universal out for Ford.

the warranty guide (Version 1, November, 2020) doesn't have this exclusion, though, so at that point a buyer could argue that since it's not excluded in the warranty guide, that the owner's manual statement doesn't override the warranty.

ultimately everyone can do what they want once they buy their cars, but personally, this feels like a risky area right now.

Timelessblur

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD Premium Extend Range RR
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag

Should not be an issue as most people put them on for bike racks. That is the biggest reason I would want to put a hitch on it. Hell that is why my honda got a hitch added to it. It was for a bike rack and in over 7 years I only towed a trailer once and did a mad rush to buy the wiring harnesses for it my car just to do it.

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
well, maybe. one of the two manuals directly says not to tow a trailer, period:

Ford Mustang Mach-E First Hitch Installed on a Mach-E (Torklift EcoHitch) 1615475704636

For something like attaching a bike rack like @ChasingCoral talked about, that's not going to come up.

but for towing a trailer, it seems like this is a pretty universal out for Ford.

the warranty guide (Version 1, November, 2020) doesn't have this exclusion, though, so at that point a buyer could argue that since it's not excluded in the warranty guide, that the owner's manual statement doesn't override the warranty.

ultimately everyone can do what they want once they buy their cars, but personally, this feels like a risky area right now.
This is so annoying to read again and again. Every time I see it I think about the magical fairies that ride across the Atlantic with the European MME fixing this issue and allowing them to tow. I know, I know, I'm just jealous of their ski pass-thru and phallic tow hitch.

**We can do what we want until Ford turns off our ability to DCFC. ?

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
This is so annoying to read again and again. Every time I see it I think about the magical fairies that ride across the Atlantic with the European MME fixing this issue and allowing them to tow. I know, I know, I'm just jealous of their ski pass-thru and phallic tow hitch.

**We can do what we want until Ford turns off our ability to DCFC. ?
I completely agree the difference between the European and NA versions here is frustrating. (I don't care about towing, mind you, and I still find it frustrating!)

(also I thought DCFC wasn't working yet? ;) [runs away])

OP
OP
Mantooth

Mantooth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
There is a small cut just big enough to fit the hitch in the back of the rear diffuser behind the reverse light. A stealth hitch would require a much bigger hole cut.
Ford Mustang Mach-E First Hitch Installed on a Mach-E (Torklift EcoHitch) EA0BC17A-516A-4573-9674-BF6D2977AB10

OP
OP
Mantooth

Mantooth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It does look like a notch on the plastic. I need to look at my car to see if it is a removable piece or they cut it.
No removable piece. There is a small cut.
Sponsored