OP
Mantooth

Mantooth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
I would be interested in knowing if they are providing some sort of template to show you where and how much to cut. I don't have a problem needing to make a cut, but I want it to get screwed up. I want to get it right the first time.
I know they are putting together a step by step guide and tutorial video that will cover this.
Sponsored

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
I know they are putting together a step by step guide and tutorial video that will cover this.
can't wait to see the pix, guide, and video!

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
Torklift Central reached out to me and asked if I was willing to let my Mach-E be their guinea pig for a few days to develop and test an hitch for the Mach-E. Here is the end result:

This is the “hidden” version of their EcoHitch and they say it’s really the best solution for how the Mach-E is designed. They also said installation was very simple and does not involve removing the bumper panel. The hitch is installed by removing a panel under the car so no need to worry about body panels getting refitted. They took much better photos and I will be sure to share them here when they get posted on social media.

You can check them out here and get in on the presale discount! https://torkliftcentral.com/2021-ford-mustang-mach-e-trailer-hitch. I don’t get a commission, I promise ?

I am really happy with it! They really did an incredible job!

View attachment 20009 View attachment 20010 View attachment 20011 View attachment 20012 View attachment 20013
Thank you for being the guinea pig - I have placed my pre-order.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Torklift Central reached out to me and asked if I was willing to let my Mach-E be their guinea pig for a few days to develop and test an hitch for the Mach-E. Here is the end result:

This is the “hidden” version of their EcoHitch and they say it’s really the best solution for how the Mach-E is designed. They also said installation was very simple and does not involve removing the bumper panel. The hitch is installed by removing a panel under the car so no need to worry about body panels getting refitted. They took much better photos and I will be sure to share them here when they get posted on social media.

You can check them out here and get in on the presale discount! https://torkliftcentral.com/2021-ford-mustang-mach-e-trailer-hitch. I don’t get a commission, I promise ?

I am really happy with it! They really did an incredible job!

View attachment 20009 View attachment 20010 View attachment 20011 View attachment 20012 View attachment 20013
looks great!

I'd love to a copy of the installation guide..... to help estimate the complexity and labor hour(s) required to install the dang thing! I'm wondering if this is a DIY install, or best done at a Shop. I'm betting that the Dealerships won't do it.

Last edited:

mixduptransistor

First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Mach E Premium Extended Range RWD
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Country flag
well, maybe. one of the two manuals directly says not to tow a trailer, period:

1615475704636.png

For something like attaching a bike rack like @ChasingCoral talked about, that's not going to come up.

but for towing a trailer, it seems like this is a pretty universal out for Ford.

the warranty guide (Version 1, November, 2020) doesn't have this exclusion, though, so at that point a buyer could argue that since it's not excluded in the warranty guide, that the owner's manual statement doesn't override the warranty.

ultimately everyone can do what they want once they buy their cars, but personally, this feels like a risky area right now.
Under federal law, an unapproved modification cannot automatically void the entire warranty. It can allow Ford to disallow a repair if they can prove that your unapproved modification/use resulted in the damage, but if you tow a trailer and the air conditioner stops working, they still have to fix the air conditioner

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
I wish I had seen this thread before going to my local dealer to see if they had any information on hitches... then I wouldn't have seen the grabber blue FE they just got in. now I gotta go clean my old car out to get ready for a trade in appraisal Monday morning.

Leemor1975

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Want a Mach e
Occupation
IT Manager
Country flag
Have they given you the green light to test it yet?

Ponypower50

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 CMax, 2021 Rapid Red Mach-E FE
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I like it for adding a bike rack.

Fat Mach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 GT350
Country flag
Yes, you can. Plenty of guys tow a small trailer with track tires, jacks, jack stands, tools, etc to the track for open track or drag racing.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
I like it for adding a bike rack.

not much of a 'UV' if you can't put a hitch on and haul stuff around for 'Utility'.
I really consider this vehicle as much more of a SUV than a 'Sports car', so I'd really like it enabled to act like an sUV.

Edgar

First Name
Edgar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford C-max electric, Mach-e RWD Grey carbonized
Country flag
This is so annoying to read again and again. Every time I see it I think about the magical fairies that ride across the Atlantic with the European MME fixing this issue and allowing them to tow. I know, I know, I'm just jealous of their ski pass-thru and phallic tow hitch.

**We can do what we want until Ford turns off our ability to DCFC. ?
in Europe we're aloud to put a trailer behind the Mach-E doesn't matter RWD AWD FE, trailer with brake or without, all of them are aloud only to pull 750KG and this is including the weight of the trailer....
Ford Mustang Mach-E First Hitch Installed on a Mach-E (Torklift EcoHitch) 1617005249145

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Thanks for providing your car as a model! I placed my order today and can’t wait to get it!
I'd love a copy of the installation instruction when you get it....!
Sponsored