First impressions of 2022 MME

ponydsp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 MME Premium 4ER, Taycan CT, 650s, F8 on order
Country flag
I just bought the 2022 MME premium AWD ER space white, gray interior in Northern Virginia on Friday.

We currently have Mercedes Benz GL550 and Ford Expedition as daily drivers for my wife and me, so I have these 2 to compare MME to. My wife has a Porsche Taycan CT on order and I’m selling the Expedition soon. We also have a BMW i8 and McLaren 650s that we only drive when the weather is nice.

A beautiful car
The attention I get is unbelievable. It doesn’t matter where I park whether it’s just getting takeout, drive through, or at the park. I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder but I have to say a lot of people are agreeing with my pick. Taycan is also a beautiful car but I really doubt it will get as much attention. MME is just unique. It kind of reminds me of when we take out the 650s or i8 but they only attract young boys or men whereas MME attracts all walks of life. The best comment was yesterday at Lake Fairfax Park where one grandma commented on the beautiful line and the color of the MME, even telling other passerby to look at how beautiful this mustang is.

The ride
Not really bouncy, no more than MB GL550 and definitely better than the expedition. I’ve tried all modes of driving starting from whisper w/o 1PD, then engage w/o 1PD, and finally set on unbridled with 1PD. My wife likes engage w/o 1PD.

Noise level
Acoustic glass or not. Quiet enough on the highway

Technology
PAAK works perfectly so far (knock on woods). No complaints about blue cruise. Kids love the sketch, tic tac toe, blocks etc games. The interface is very intuitive and not complicated at all, so I'm not sure why some reviewers complain about them. It reminds me of when we transitioned to electronic medical records 6 years ago, the older surgeons really complained and some threatened to retire early and the young ones like us were like what’s the deal.

Charging
P & C works and got 117 kWh max. Not yet on road trips

Accessories I bought:
MME floor/cargo liners, MMB

Wishlist for the price of MME:
Powered frunk opening and closing. missing handsfree liftgate.

I know many of you are still waiting for your MME's and suffering but I have to say again IT'S WORTH THE WAIT. I think Ford hit a home run with the MME.
Sponsored

OP
OP
ponydsp

ponydsp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My wife just said she will drive my MME until her Taycan CT arrives, so I guess above message is approved by the wife... I'm stuck with her MB for now. What the... I guess happy wife happy life...

Radish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Escape
Country flag
My wife just said she will drive my MME until her Taycan CT arrives, so I guess above message is approved by the wife... I'm stuck with her MB for now. What the... I guess happy wife happy life...
She’ll probably keep driving it even after the Taycan arrives

OP
OP
ponydsp

ponydsp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
She’ll probably keep driving it even after the Taycan arrives
:) That's what I'm afraid of. Maybe we will be one of those households with 2 MMEs. not sure how that will fly with the wife though...

• Love
Reactions: ARK

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
Congratulations. I look forward to seeing you drive around. I have one of the very few Carbonized Gray First Editions in the DMV. So, if you see one it's probably me. I'm in Ashburn.

machme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 GT
Country flag
I just bought the 2022 MME premium AWD ER space white, gray interior in Northern Virginia on Friday.

We currently have Mercedes Benz GL550 and Ford Expedition as daily drivers for my wife and me, so I have these 2 to compare MME to. My wife has a Porsche Taycan CT on order and I’m selling the Expedition soon. We also have a BMW i8 and McLaren 650s that we only drive when the weather is nice.

A beautiful car
The attention I get is unbelievable. It doesn’t matter where I park whether it’s just getting takeout, drive through, or at the park. I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder but I have to say a lot of people are agreeing with my pick. Taycan is also a beautiful car but I really doubt it will get as much attention. MME is just unique. It kind of reminds me of when we take out the 650s or i8 but they only attract young boys or men whereas MME attracts all walks of life. The best comment was yesterday at Lake Fairfax Park where one grandma commented on the beautiful line and the color of the MME, even telling other passerby to look at how beautiful this mustang is.

The ride
Not really bouncy, no more than MB GL550 and definitely better than the expedition. I’ve tried all modes of driving starting from whisper w/o 1PD, then engage w/o 1PD, and finally set on unbridled with 1PD. My wife likes engage w/o 1PD.

Noise level

Technology
PAAK works perfectly so far (knock on woods). No complaints about blue cruise. Kids love the sketch, tic tac toe, blocks etc games. The interface is very intuitive and not complicated at all, so I'm not sure why some reviewers complain about them. It reminds me of when we transitioned to electronic medical records 6 years ago, the older surgeons really complained and some threatened to retire early and the young ones like us were like what’s the deal.

Charging

Accessories I bought:

I know many of you are still waiting for your MME's and suffering but I have to say again IT'S WORTH THE WAIT. I think Ford hit a home run with the MME.
Congrats on the MME purchase. Good review with the background of your other vehicles to compare. Waiting patiently on my GT....

OP
OP
ponydsp

ponydsp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Congratulations. I look forward to seeing you drive around. I have one of the very few Carbonized Gray First Editions in the DMV. So, if you see one it's probably me. I'm in Ashburn.
my wife’s commute is on 267 and 495. She often sees a black and a white MME. I won’t be able to drive the MME until early April. :(

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag

A beautiful car

The ride

Noise level

Technology

Charging

Accessories I bought:

Congrats! Thank you so much for sharing your feedback. So happy you love your Mach-E as much as we do!

krazieboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag
lets get pix all around. curious if there's any minor changes that wasn't mention.

Thunderanger

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Select, 2019 Ram 1500
Occupation
retired
Country flag

A beautiful car

The ride

Noise level

Technology

Charging

Accessories I bought:

Nice note. I for one just can't get the damn PaaK to sync to save my life. I'm fairly good with tech too. Not saying I'm a genius. But I can normally figure that stuff out. Not with PaaK and I've ended up having to delete and re-sync my phone about 4 times......

OP
OP
ponydsp

ponydsp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Nice note. I for one just can't get the damn PaaK to sync to save my life. I'm fairly good with tech too. Not saying I'm a genius. But I can normally figure that stuff out. Not with PaaK and I've ended up having to delete and re-sync my phone about 4 times......
I’ll report back once the honeymoon period is over…
Sponsored