Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
Similar feeling here - my kid has a Mazda 3 sedan - not easy to get in and get out for me and sits low to the ground - cant see out the hood as I can in in the SUV ..it drives very well and handles much better on curvy roads than SUV and I realize its due to the lower center of gravity than my taller SUV. So really hoping the MME achieving the right balance.
I currently drive a VW GTI that's tuned and lowered. It's fast as hell and handles like a go-kart, but... I'm 6'2 and 46 years old. Climbing up from my butt scraping the floor is getting a little old. I have the same hopes with my GT reservation. I want a fast car that can take a turn confidently. I know the GT will be fast, but I'm just hoping that low center of gravity keeps me pinned in the turns all while being able to step out of the car naturally.
Sponsored

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Did anyone else that has sat inside think the footwell area was pretty deep? I found my shoe catching by the kickplate area when I was getting out the car.

While the seat height seemed totally fine, I did feel like I had to bend my knee and lift my leg a bit higher initially to step in. probably just one of those things I would get used to really quick after a few weeks.

IMG_20201019_140248.jpg

IMG_20201019_140309.jpg
Yes. I had similar comments when we examined one here in Phoenix.

Redundant

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X-Space White, 1 Ford Flex, 2 Ford Escapes
Country flag
I currently drive a VW GTI that's tuned and lowered. It's fast as hell and handles like a go-kart, but... I'm 6'2 and 46 years old. Climbing up from my butt scraping the floor is getting a little old. I have the same hopes with my GT reservation. I want a fast car that can take a turn confidently. I know the GT will be fast, but I'm just hoping that low center of gravity keeps me pinned in the turns all while being able to step out of the car naturally.
I think you will find it acceptable. To me the biggest issue was not seat height but head room getting in and out. Compared to my edge, I think the door opening is shorter. Makes sense as the ME overall height is lower than edge. I tried raising the seat and then the upper frame really came into play. Also as I pointed out before that is especially true for the rear seat. You really have to duck your head to get in. I was thinking I will need a cop to help me get into the back seat.

Nav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME Premium SR AWD
Country flag
Ahh ok, missed that - didn't think anyone had commented on it yet, but good to know it wasn't just me. I'm sure there will be minor quirks as with any car, but the good points far outweigh them!

Jolteon

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Just most of the posts I've read from you and nitpicking something. You seem like a Tesla fanboy in some of your posts. Just off the top of my head, you've complained about range vs Tesla's, heat pump (I think), volume knob being only volume, the frunk organizer, the lack of an outlet, and you bring up the price of the car a lot. If you don't like what's being offered at that price then don't buy it. It just seems like you're team Tesla and compare it to everything the Tesla does better. If you believe that, then get a Tesla.

What exactly do you like about the car?
So I can't stand Tesla, not sure where you'd get that impression. There's a reason I'm selling mine for the Mach-E, and that's that I cant stand Tesla fanboys.

Jolteon

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
I think they put the USB-C connectors in the front and rear for laptop power.
Yeah I hear that, it's just that my laptop has a 250W three-pin adapter and won't charge from anything else.

Just would have been nice to have an outlet for that and many other things, when cheaper cars have it.

OP
OP
generaltso

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Is this photo with the seat all the way up? All the way down? Somewhere in the middle? I measured the seat height on my Escape this morning, and it appears that I only keep the seat about 1" higher at the same location from what you have here (I am 6'1" and keep the seat position fairly low. However, this being only one inch difference makes me very happy.
The photo was taken with the seat all the way up.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Ahh ok, missed that - didn't think anyone had commented on it yet, but good to know it wasn't just me. I'm sure there will be minor quirks as with any car, but the good points far outweigh them!
Did it feel like you had to step further away when exiting? It felt like that to me. I got used to it pretty easy but at first it was strange. That sill is very high for the two front passengers.

I think the foot wells are so deep to simulate an SUV sitting position. Sitting in the front seat while parked is a little misleading though. Once you start driving it then everything feels right. Probably the most comfortable and correct driving position I have ever experienced in a Ford.

There is so much adjustability between the tilt/tele steering and seating position that almost everyone in the 5'-4" thru 6'-4" range should be able to adjust to their preference. I played with the adjustments after a little time behind the wheel and quickly found a good place. I look forward to more time with my own car to get it right where I like it.

I would go so far as to say that Ford has created a new driving experience. It isnt just a sports Coupe or a sports sedan or a CUV or SUV. It's something different.

There was this one long sweeping corner we took at over 85 mph and the car felt like it was on rails. I usually can feel when the tires are approaching the limits of adhesion but I didn't reach that point. Body roll is half what I am used to for a Mustang or Camaro or my 2005 GTO in the same conditions.

That graphic in Unbridled mode taunts you when cornering....

Az MachE

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion
Country flag
Did anyone else that has sat inside think the footwell area was pretty deep? I found my shoe catching by the kickplate area when I was getting out the car.

While the seat height seemed totally fine, I did feel like I had to bend my knee and lift my leg a bit higher initially to step in. probably just one of those things I would get used to really quick after a few weeks.

IMG_20201019_140248.jpg

IMG_20201019_140309.jpg
While trying out the MME here in Phoenix, I felt the footwell was only an issue when I had the seat lowered all the way down to the minimum height for a measurement. Being that low, you felt your butt was definitely lower than your knees. Getting out from that lowest position was like trying to get out of a children's Disney ride, ie: Its a Small Small World. But I put it back to a middle point, not low and not really high, and found it was comparable to getting out of either of my two small SUV's. There is a lot of available movement with the drivers seat, so you should not worry too much about getting a comfortable height on it. I am 5'9" just to give you more perspective. Hope this info helps.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
I think you will find it acceptable. To me the biggest issue was not seat height but head room getting in and out. Compared to my edge, I think the door opening is shorter. Makes sense as the ME overall height is lower than edge. I tried raising the seat and then the upper frame really came into play. Also as I pointed out before that is especially true for the rear seat. You really have to duck your head to get in. I was thinking I will need a cop to help me get into the back seat.
The photo was taken with the seat all the way up.
Well, from these two it does not sound like I will be sitting up as high in this car. More than one inch lower.

Did it feel like you had to step further away when exiting? It felt like that to me. I got used to it pretty easy but at first it was strange. That sill is very high for the two front passengers.

I think the foot wells are so deep to simulate an SUV sitting position. Sitting in the front seat while parked is a little misleading though. Once you start driving it then everything feels right. Probably the most comfortable and correct driving position I have ever experienced in a Ford.

There is so much adjustability between the tilt/tele steering and seating position that almost everyone in the 5'-4" thru 6'-4" range should be able to adjust to their preference. I played with the adjustments after a little time behind the wheel and quickly found a good place. I look forward to more time with my own car to get it right where I like it.

I would go so far as to say that Ford has created a new driving experience. It isnt just a sports Coupe or a sports sedan or a CUV or SUV. It's something different.

There was this one long sweeping corner we took at over 85 mph and the car felt like it was on rails. I usually can feel when the tires are approaching the limits of adhesion but I didn't reach that point. Body roll is half what I am used to for a Mustang or Camaro or my 2005 GTO in the same conditions.

That graphic in Unbridled mode taunts you when cornering....
But from this one it sounds like I will be just fine regardless. Just don't give my knees that "Small World" feeling and I will be OK.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
It didn't feel like I was stepping down into a sedan. It felt very similar to getting into my Outlander PHEV and the Jeep Cherokee I had before that. Probably about a 6 or 7 on that scale.
Thanks for that. I currently drive a Tacoma and haven't actually driven anything resembling a car in decades. This was really the only thing about the MME that was of concern to me.

Reactions: ARK

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Do the seats lower automatically when getting out? I'm wondering sliding the seat back and keeping it high (or lowering it) might help alleviate some of that scuffing and potential trip point (for the terminal clumsy among us)?

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I think they put the USB-C connectors in the front and rear for laptop power.
Two more reasons:
  • USB-C is the "future" USB companies are switching to
  • USB-C is mandated by the EU as they have told phone manufacturers they have to standardize to a single plug and charging bricks

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
It didn't feel like I was stepping down into a sedan. It felt very similar to getting into my Outlander PHEV and the Jeep Cherokee I had before that. Probably about a 6 or 7 on that scale.
That makes me feel a lot better!! Thanks.
Sponsored