John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
When you folded the rear seats down, you didn't need to remove or adjust the rear head rests at all, even with the front seats moved back. I didn't measure, but there was still some inches between the folded rear seats and the front seat back. You can adjust the cargo floor for a flat load floor or it can go lower by a few inches to make a larger cargo area.
How does that work? Moving it down a few inches?
Sponsored

abr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME FE RR, 2019 Fusion PHEV
Country flag
How does that work? Moving it down a few inches?
The cargo floor platform is very easily adjusted either for a slat load floor or a lower position that has a drop down from the rear tail by a few inches. I did not physically measure the difference, but gave you a little taller cargo area. Only the 2 positions - not incrementally adjustable.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Reactions: abr

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
dimensions:

measurements.jpg
Assuming that the raised floor is 4 inches, then a rough calculation gives a diagonal of 50 inches for getting sheetrock or plywood in there on an angle. Of course, that assumes the hatch opening is about the same height as where the seats are, which I don't think it is.

I guess it will be an exercise to try at home before going to Lowe's

06VistaGT

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach E, '06 Mustang GT, '06 Explorer, '15 CRV
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
Country flag
Assuming that the raised floor is 4 inches, then a rough calculation gives a diagonal of 50 inches for getting sheetrock or plywood in there on an angle. Of course, that assumes the hatch opening is about the same height as where the seats are, which I don't think it is.

I guess it will be an exercise to try at home before going to Lowe's
Having now seen it is person, I would be shocked if you could get sheetrock in the cargo area.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Having now seen it is person, I would be shocked if you could get sheetrock in the cargo area.
Yeah, I seriously doubt it too, but I can be pretty creative when it comes to putting 10 pounds in a 5 pound bag

Nav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME Premium SR AWD
Country flag
I went to a roadshow yesterday and the seat height control also appeared to me to have one up/down control, unlike most cars where you can separately control the front and rear portions of the seat’s height. But it seemed like the back adjusted faster than the front such that your seat’s angle was changing any time you pressed the button so in this sense the seat angle was adjustable between front and rear height.

It sounds odd, but I also really liked the way it was adjusting. I feel like I’m never very good at figuring out how to adjust the seat to my liking and felt like the built in proportions were better than I could manage on my own. On the flip side, if you were hoping to just raise the entire seat flat or sink it in flat, this didn’t seem possible unless I was mistaking some built in moving forward/backward as tilting in the height adjustment. I did not get much time with this.

Some other thoughts were that Rapid Red looked great in person. In some pictures and under the glare of autoshow lights, it looked a little too orange for me. At nighttime in a covered parking lot, it was very solidly red, not too light and not too dark.

We’ve previously talked about the differences in space in the trunk between either the AWD and RWD or SR and ER (Ford’s issued contrary documentation on this). The Ford rep knew nothing about this, but the trunk’s floor height was definitely adjustable in an ER AWD (some discussion in other threads that maybe in the ER or AWD variants the floor locked into the higher setting).

One thing that struck me as negative was the opening of the trunk. The trunk itself was about the size I expected, but it seemed like the opening was narrower than usual for a trunk of its size. Perhaps with the floor raised it would be about flush with the bottom of the opening, but on the right and left, the trunk was noticeably wider than the opening. This could make it harder to transport large objects such as a table or big screen because even if it could fit in the trunk you might have trouble just getting through the opening. I guess all trunks must be like this to an extent, but it stuck out to me on the MME.

I suppose though the operative part of this vehicle’s name is MUSTANG Mach E. While it’s better than any sedan’s trunk, I’d say most SUV’s will have better trunk space. I guess that’s not surprising, once Ford’s BEV lineup is fleshed out, the MME won’t be selling on utility, something like an Escape BEV would be the small SUV family vehicle of choice for transporting big items and doing Costco runs.
My thoughts exactly about the seat height adjustment. One fluid motion, less to keep tinkering with. Well said.

Thanks for posting thoughts on seeing the Red in person.
Sponsored