back_at_it_19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Job 1 GB FE and '22 Red Prem4x
Country flag
I just got back from the Mach-E Road Show in Vermont. Here are some observations in no particular order:

• - They had an Infinite Blue and a Rapid Red. Both were Premium, AWD, Extended Range manufactured in July.
  • - Both colors looked great. I have an Infinite Blue on order, so I spent most of the time with that one
  • - Fit and finish were fantastic. The Active-X material is indistinquishable from leather. It is soft on the steering wheel though, so wil likely scratch.
  • - Standing next to the Mach-E, it doesn't seem tall enough to be considered an SUV
  • - The driver's seat was very comfortable. The seats are squishy, which I like. Some may find they don't offer enough support if you're expecting side bolstering
  • - The seat moved up and down about 2". It was very easy to get in and out of. Similar seat height to my Outlander PHEV.
  • - There is adjustable lumbar support, but it only adjusts in and out, not up and down.
  • - The back seat outboard postions were very comfortable. The middle seat is cramped (but I'm a big guy)
  • - Rear visability seemed similar to any other crossover I've driven. Not fantastic, but not bad.
  • - All the map lights and lights in the trunk and frunk are LEDs. No incandescents to be found
  • - The Ford guys said that the frunk organizer is pre-production only, and won't be in the final version. I don't buy that based on what we've heard elsewhere.
  • - The charging door swings wide open with decent force when you push on it if you don't have your hand there to stop it. I hope that's just a pre-production thing.
  • - The little hinged cover for the DCFC pins sticks closed with magnets. Nice touch.
  • - The Ford oval at the top of the windshield was there on both vehicles. The Ford guys seemed to think it would be there in production.
  • - The trunk opens much faster than any other vehicle I've owned.
  • - I knew the rear turn signal lights were animated, but didn't realize the fronts are too. Looks very cool.
  • - My iPhone 11 Pro and an iPhone 7 Plus each fit fine on the charging mat
  • - The windshield wiper blades don't attach with a typical J-hook style. They're like the Subaru ones that just slide on and have a button
  • - Everywhere that the car appears on the big screen, it's color matched to the actual car

I'm sure I'll think of a lot more. Let me know if anyone has any questions. Here's a silent walk-around video and a few pics.

IMG_8045.JPG

IMG_8070.JPG

IMG_8074.JPG
IMG_8076.JPG
IMG_8126.JPG

IMG_8018.JPG

IMG_8134.JPG
Nice! How’s the seat height and leg room for 6’3”?

OP
OP
generaltso

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Kind of hope it isn't the case. Or it is a sticker we can remove.
  • - The Ford oval at the top of the windshield was there on both vehicles. The Ford guys seemed to think it would be there in production.
It's not a sticker. It's incorporated into the windshield glass. That's why I'm pretty sure it's not just for preproduction.

OP
OP
generaltso

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That is under the phone mat? I don't remember seeing that on the one in Phoenix.
Yeah, it's under the rubber phone mat. Interesting that they decided to put a pony there.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Spectacular pictures and videos. It's almost making up for my cancelling my appointment for today (and not driving 10 hours!).

OP
OP
generaltso

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Nice! How’s the seat height and leg room for 6’3”?
I'm about 5'10" and the seat was a good height for me with it raised about half way. You'd probably want it raised all the way up, but I think you'll be fine.

OP
OP
generaltso

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Spectacular pictures and videos. It's almost making up for my cancelling my appointment for today (and not driving 10 hours!).
10 hours would have been a bit much. I wasn't kinda bummed that I had to drive 90 minutes, but I'm glad I went. I am even more pumped to get this car now.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Infinite Blue looks spectacular! Thanks for the video.

One question that was asked a lot here in Phoenix was if Apple Car Play could connect to Sync without the cable. I think it can but I don't have an iPhone so I couldn't try.

OP
OP
generaltso

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
One question that was asked a lot here in Phoenix was if Apple Car Play could connect to Sync without the cable. I think it can but I don't have an iPhone so I couldn't try.
I didn't try it, but wireless Apple Car Play is an advertised feature, so it definitely works without a cable.

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
Infinite Blue looks spectacular! Thanks for the video.

Like someone else mentioned - Wireless Carplay and Android Auto have been confirmed since around the initial announcement.

OP
OP
generaltso

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Another odd thing I forgot to mention. There's a physical button for max front defrost on the left side of the dash over by the headlight dial. I think it's nice that there's a quick way to blast the front defrost when you need it, but I find the placement of the button odd.

Ford Mustang Mach-E First impressions, videos, pics from Mach-E Road Show in Vermont IMG_8153.JPG

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Another odd thing I forgot to mention. There's a physical button for max front defrost on the left side of the dash over by the headlight dial. I think it's nice that there's a quick way to blast the front defrost when you need it, but I find the placement of the button odd.

Ford Mustang Mach-E First impressions, videos, pics from Mach-E Road Show in Vermont IMG_8153.JPG
Nice! That's definitely a "need it now" control.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag

Its a nice feature and its placement is because this panel is the only place with buttons I think

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag

Does the Mach-E have auto defrost? Can't say I've seen it mentioned, but I haven't looked for it either. My current car does and I guess it works well as I've never manually controlled it that I know of.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
It's not a sticker. It's incorporated into the windshield glass. That's why I'm pretty sure it's not just for preproduction.
I wonder how that works if windshield is replaced -

mattbostonmache

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4
Country flag
First good shot ive seen of the controls by the driver's left knee.

Max defrost, headlights, and controls and/or screen brightness.

Did anyone test what the brightness adjusts?
- behind the steering wheel display?
- the main center display?
- buttons/dials that light up?

Ford Mustang Mach-E First impressions, videos, pics from Mach-E Road Show in Vermont 1603146539882
Sponsored