generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I just got back from the Mach-E Road Show in Vermont. Here are some observations in no particular order:

• - They had an Infinite Blue and a Rapid Red. Both were Premium, AWD, Extended Range manufactured in July.
  • - Both colors looked great. I have an Infinite Blue on order, so I spent most of the time with that one
  • - Fit and finish were fantastic. The Active-X material is indistinquishable from leather. It is soft on the steering wheel though, so wil likely scratch.
  • - Standing next to the Mach-E, it doesn't seem tall enough to be considered an SUV
  • - The driver's seat was very comfortable. The seats are squishy, which I like. Some may find they don't offer enough support if you're expecting side bolstering
  • - The seat moved up and down about 2". It was very easy to get in and out of. Similar seat height to my Outlander PHEV.
  • - There is adjustable lumbar support, but it only adjusts in and out, not up and down.
  • - The back seat outboard postions were very comfortable. The middle seat is cramped (but I'm a big guy)
  • - Rear visability seemed similar to any other crossover I've driven. Not fantastic, but not bad.
  • - All the map lights and lights in the trunk and frunk are LEDs. No incandescents to be found
  • - The Ford guys said that the frunk organizer is pre-production only, and won't be in the final version. I don't buy that based on what we've heard elsewhere.
  • - The charging door swings wide open with decent force when you push on it if you don't have your hand there to stop it. I hope that's just a pre-production thing.
  • - The little hinged cover for the DCFC pins sticks closed with magnets. Nice touch.
  • - The Ford oval at the top of the windshield was there on both vehicles. The Ford guys seemed to think it would be there in production.
  • - The trunk opens much faster than any other vehicle I've owned.
  • - I knew the rear turn signal lights were animated, but didn't realize the fronts are too. Looks very cool.
  • - My iPhone 11 Pro and an iPhone 7 Plus each fit fine on the charging mat
  • - The windshield wiper blades don't attach with a typical J-hook style. They're like the Subaru ones that just slide on and have a button
  • - Everywhere that the car appears on the big screen, it's color matched to the actual car

I'm sure I'll think of a lot more. Let me know if anyone has any questions. Here's a silent walk-around video and a few pics.

Ford Mustang Mach-E First impressions, videos, pics from Mach-E Road Show in Vermont IMG_8045.JPG

Ford Mustang Mach-E First impressions, videos, pics from Mach-E Road Show in Vermont IMG_8070.JPG

Ford Mustang Mach-E First impressions, videos, pics from Mach-E Road Show in Vermont IMG_8074.JPG
Ford Mustang Mach-E First impressions, videos, pics from Mach-E Road Show in Vermont IMG_8076.JPG
Ford Mustang Mach-E First impressions, videos, pics from Mach-E Road Show in Vermont IMG_8126.JPG

Ford Mustang Mach-E First impressions, videos, pics from Mach-E Road Show in Vermont IMG_8018.JPG

Ford Mustang Mach-E First impressions, videos, pics from Mach-E Road Show in Vermont IMG_8134.JPG

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I just got back from the Mach-E Road Show in Vermont. Here are some observations in no particular order:

- They had an Infinite Blue and a Rapid Red. Both were Premium, AWD, Extended Range manufactured in July.
That explains why some of these Tour cars have license plates in the 100s. They must be earlier production. Im guessing the 800s are MP1 models.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
They call that black interior, but that looks like a medium to dark gray to me. Is that a trick of the lens, or is it really gray? Not complaining; I have that medium dark gray color now and any darker would be even hotter in summer sun.

hag911

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Fusion Hybrid, 2014 Explorer
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag

• - They had an Infinite Blue and a Rapid Red. Both were Premium, AWD, Extended Range manufactured in July.
  • - Both colors looked great. I have an Infinite Blue on order, so I spent most of the time with that one
  • - Fit and finish were fantastic. The Active-X material is indistinquishable from leather. It is soft on the steering wheel though, so wil likely scratch.
  • - Standing next to the Mach-E, it doesn't seem tall enough to be considered an SUV
  • - The driver's seat was very comfortable. The seats are squishy, which I like. Some may find they don't offer enough support if you're expecting side bolstering
  • - The seat moved up and down about 2". It was very easy to get in and out of. Similar seat height to my Outlander PHEV.
  • - There is adjustable lumbar support, but it only adjusts in and out, not up and down.
  • - The back seat outboard postions were very comfortable. The middle seat is cramped (but I'm a big guy)
  • - Rear visability seemed similar to any other crossover I've driven. Not fantastic, but not bad.
  • - All the map lights and lights in the trunk and frunk are LEDs. No incandescents to be found
  • - The Ford guys said that the frunk organizer is pre-production only, and won't be in the final version. I don't buy that based on what we've heard elsewhere.
  • - The charging door swings wide open with decent force when you push on it if you don't have your hand there to stop it. I hope that's just a pre-production thing.
  • - The little hinged cover for the DCFC pins sticks closed with magnets. Nice touch.
  • - The Ford oval at the top of the windshield was there on both vehicles. The Ford guys seemed to think it would be there in production.
  • - I knew the rear turn signal lights were animated, but didn't realize the fronts are too. Looks very cool.
  • - The windshield wiper blades don't attach with a typical J-hook style. They're like the Subaru ones that just slide on and have a button
  • - Everywhere that the car appears on the big screen, it's color matched to the actual car

I'm sure I'll think of a lot more. Let me know if anyone has any questions. Here's a silent walk-around video and a few pics.

Ford Mustang Mach-E First impressions, videos, pics from Mach-E Road Show in Vermont IMG_8110.JPG

Ford Mustang Mach-E First impressions, videos, pics from Mach-E Road Show in Vermont IMG_8110.JPG

I think those will be the Mach e samples that are in RI this weekend. Looking at the schedule It looks like they'll be in Portland, ME on Wednesday and then down to the Providence area Friday and Saturday. Then next week those cars will probably be in the ones in the Boston area.
I glad there's a red one.

OP
OP
generaltso

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
They call that black interior, but that looks like a medium to dark gray to me. Is that a trick of the lens, or is it really gray? Not complaining; I have that medium dark gray color now and any darker would be even hotter in summer sun.
The onyx interior looks the same in person as it does in the pictures. It’s dark gray, not black.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag

one more pony in the tray

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag

Thanks for the details and videos - best pics yet

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
"

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!

Az MachE

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion
Country flag
Thank you for all the great pictures and the great videos. Hopefully, as the surprise pop-ups (Phoenix) and the road shows go around, more and more pictures and videos will get posted of what we have seen, allowing us all to see the many aspects of this vehicle in all its glory. Keep posting everyone!
Sponsored