kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Sentra Spec-V, Infinite Blue Mach E4X Prem
Country flag
Dis anyone notice if the rear seats can be adjusted slightly? My current Rogue has that.
Sponsored

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
Right, but in my wife's car you can't turn on the foot vents and middle vents at the same time; in the summer it's nice to have cold air coming out of multiple levels to cool off faster
Check out this video posted in the other forum. Looks like you can to me.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Check out this video posted in the other forum. Looks like you can to me.

Yes, I saw the same screen posted a little while in this thread - I was trying to say "Yay! you can enable or disable each level of vents individually!"

I suck at communication

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
I grabbed some pics of the stickers in the door jam too.

IMG_8109.JPG
That's a little concerning. It doesn't take much to exceed 918 lbs. 4 people each over 200 lbs, and 150lbs of luggage, and well over, and that's not even 5 people. Comparing to RAV 4 that is designed for 1000-1250lbs depending on model.

06VistaGT

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach E, '06 Mustang GT, '06 Explorer, '15 CRV
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
Country flag
my 2015 mustang has one there, too - and I didn't notice it until someone pointed it out in another thread a few months ago.
My 2006 Explorer and Mustang do not have the oval. Explorer has nothing. Mustang has a large pony graphic. I wonder when they started putting the blue oval there?

janitorjim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ford f150 2001, explorer xlt 2013
Country flag
That's a little concerning. It doesn't take much to exceed 918 lbs. 4 people each over 200 lbs, and 150lbs of luggage, and well over, and that's not even 5 people. Comparing to RAV 4 that is designed for 1000-1250lbs depending on model.
don't forget 40# of shrimp in the front cargo area

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
That blue looks amazing. Thanks for all of this.
They call that black interior, but that looks like a medium to dark gray to me. Is that a trick of the lens, or is it really gray? Not complaining; I have that medium dark gray color now and any darker would be even hotter in summer sun.
The onyx interior looks the same in person as it does in the pictures. It’s dark gray, not black.
Hopefully that interior grows on me. I was hoping for a true black like my wife’s Fusion.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Those of you that have seen the car in person or about to see in the next few days - can you share your thoughts on the size of side mirrors . I remember reading on this forum a few months ago that the side mirrors were small - so want to hear your thoughts. Thanks

krafty81

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME AWD EX Premium, 2023 Lexus RX350h
Country flag
The mirrors look like normal size to me...

MerryBrown

First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Escape, Red Ford Mach-E on order
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
I just got back from the Mach-E Road Show in Vermont. Here are some observations in no particular order:

• - They had an Infinite Blue and a Rapid Red. Both were Premium, AWD, Extended Range manufactured in July.
  • - Both colors looked great. I have an Infinite Blue on order, so I spent most of the time with that one
  • - Fit and finish were fantastic. The Active-X material is indistinquishable from leather. It is soft on the steering wheel though, so wil likely scratch.
  • - Standing next to the Mach-E, it doesn't seem tall enough to be considered an SUV
  • - The driver's seat was very comfortable. The seats are squishy, which I like. Some may find they don't offer enough support if you're expecting side bolstering
  • - The seat moved up and down about 2". It was very easy to get in and out of. Similar seat height to my Outlander PHEV.
  • - There is adjustable lumbar support, but it only adjusts in and out, not up and down.
  • - The back seat outboard postions were very comfortable. The middle seat is cramped (but I'm a big guy)
  • - Rear visability seemed similar to any other crossover I've driven. Not fantastic, but not bad.
  • - All the map lights and lights in the trunk and frunk are LEDs. No incandescents to be found
  • - The Ford guys said that the frunk organizer is pre-production only, and won't be in the final version. I don't buy that based on what we've heard elsewhere.
  • - The charging door swings wide open with decent force when you push on it if you don't have your hand there to stop it. I hope that's just a pre-production thing.
  • - The little hinged cover for the DCFC pins sticks closed with magnets. Nice touch.
  • - The Ford oval at the top of the windshield was there on both vehicles. The Ford guys seemed to think it would be there in production.
  • - The trunk opens much faster than any other vehicle I've owned.
  • - I knew the rear turn signal lights were animated, but didn't realize the fronts are too. Looks very cool.
  • - My iPhone 11 Pro and an iPhone 7 Plus each fit fine on the charging mat
  • - The windshield wiper blades don't attach with a typical J-hook style. They're like the Subaru ones that just slide on and have a button
  • - Everywhere that the car appears on the big screen, it's color matched to the actual car

I'm sure I'll think of a lot more. Let me know if anyone has any questions. Here's a silent walk-around video and a few pics.

IMG_8045.JPG

IMG_8070.JPG

IMG_8074.JPG
IMG_8076.JPG
IMG_8126.JPG

IMG_8018.JPG

IMG_8134.JPG
Everything about this car is thoughtful, useful and yet really beautiful. I can't wait to have mine!

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
The mirrors look like normal size to me...
Agree. I didnt notice the visibility lacking in any way. However, I was looking forward most of the time anyway.

Turning radius seemed much better than my Focus so that was nice.

1pt21Gigawatts

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Toyota Camry
Occupation
Architect
Country flag
Agree. I didnt notice the visibility lacking in any way. However, I was looking forward most of the time anyway.

Turning radius seemed much better than my Focus so that was nice.
When did you see it turn? They aren’t allowing drives are they?

OP
OP
generaltso

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Those of you that have seen the car in person or about to see in the next few days - can you share your thoughts on the size of side mirrors . I remember reading on this forum a few months ago that the side mirrors were small - so want to hear your thoughts. Thanks
They didn’t seem small to me.

Jolteon

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Right, but in my wife's car you can't turn on the foot vents and middle vents at the same time; in the summer it's nice to have cold air coming out of multiple levels to cool off faster
Not saying I don't believe you, but I can't recall a car in the last... ever that doesn't have panel and floor ("bilevel") mode available, if that's what you mean by foot and "middle" vents. It wasn't until fairly recently that you could do panel + defrost, and panel + defrost + floor on some cars.
Sponsored