David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Toyota Camry
Occupation
Architect
Country flag
Maybe I just need a laptop that weighs less than 10lb and doesn't need a tablet-sized charger in the first place :p
Get one that charges with USB-C! For real though, someone going to one of these things needs to check in the car user manual for what the USB-C max charge wattage is. Hope it does USB-C PD
Sponsored

Woeo

First Name
Woeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Energi
Country flag
GVWR is the rating. Not how much it actually weighs.
Manufacturer specification charts include an automobile's gross vehicle weight rating — usually referred to as its GVWR. The GVWR is an auto's maximum safe weight that should not be exceeded. Weight calculations include curb weight, additional equipment that's been added, the weight of cargo and the weight of passengers... everything is considered to determine if the GVWR has been exceeded.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
I asked this in the other thread but this thread is busy tonight so asking here - those that have seen the car so far - do the side mirrors seem smaller? Thanks

RyZt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E4X
Country flag
My laptop has a 250W adapter (the adapter is the size of an iPad mini almost) and generally refuses to hold a charge on anything less. Those 12V power ports can't supply that, generally.
Well. 250W is a lot.

USB PD can only go up to 100W. And most cars cannot supply 250W through the A/C outlet. Some can, but those are the minority. My 2013 C-Max Hybrid has an A/C outlet rated 150W. I've used it maybe 3 times, for charging my laptop.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Manufacturer specification charts include an automobile's gross vehicle weight rating — usually referred to as its GVWR. The GVWR is an auto's maximum safe weight that should not be exceeded. Weight calculations include curb weight, additional equipment that's been added, the weight of cargo and the weight of passengers... everything is considered to determine if the GVWR has been exceeded.
Correct.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Is that right. The actual painted outside of the trunk is plastic?
I read somewhere that it is made of composite or I could be confused with the Mach e 1400

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Oh man this is awesome. With that rubber on the charger coming out, that means we can put a low profile magnet under there for MagSafe alignment.
You go on ahead and keep your magnets safe. I'll be hiding some coins under that mat. CoinSafe®. Keeps your coins safe.

That is under the phone mat? I don't remember seeing that on the one in Phoenix.
I saw it. It was exactly the same. I remember thinking, my that's a mighty big pony right there.

Holy, so heavy?! model Y is around 4416 lb, why MME so much heavier?
Well...

Aluminum vs steel. Plus 25kwh of battery
... and weather seals.

RyZt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E4X
Country flag
I grabbed some pics of the stickers in the door jam too.

IMG_8109.JPG

IMG_8110.JPG
GVWR != vehicle weight. Google is your friend.
GVWR is the rating. Not how much it actually weighs.
So Mach E's weight is 4882 lb = "GVWR" (5800 lb) minus "the combined weight of occupants and cargo should never exceed" (918 lb)?

Woeo

First Name
Woeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Energi
Country flag
So Mach E's weight is 4882 lb = "GVWR" (5800 lb) minus "the combined weight of occupants and cargo should never exceed" (918 lb)?
I’d bet that 4880 is very close.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
Is this photo with the seat all the way up? All the way down? Somewhere in the middle? I measured the seat height on my Escape this morning, and it appears that I only keep the seat about 1" higher at the same location from what you have here (I am 6'1" and keep the seat position fairly low. However, this being only one inch difference makes me very happy.

Rocky29670

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid (Sold), 2013 Ford Fusion (borrowing until MME gets here), Mustang Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Wait, WHAT? $58,300 and it doesn't have an AC outlet?? Fords half the price have them!

I can't believe I didn't know that until today. I just assumed it had to have one. After all the hype they put out on the 2021 F-150 having outlets everywhere you look including in the bed, they don't give their other new "electrified" car even one???

Ugh, this is so frustrating to be unable to charge laptops on the road.
A lot of your posts seem to be negative against the car, like you're looking for a reason not to like it or buy it. What exactly do you like about the car?

Jolteon

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
A lot of your posts seem to be negative against the car, like you're looking for a reason not to like it or buy it. What exactly do you like about the car?
Where do you get that I don't like the car?

As I stated elsewhere in the thread, it would be very valuable for me to have this outlet, as my laptop needs 250W which a 12V power port + inverter cannot deliver as it would blow the fuse.

The EcoSport offers the outlet. Their cheapest vehicle. Less than half the price of the Mach-E.

Am I supposed to accept everything the way it is?

Rocky29670

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid (Sold), 2013 Ford Fusion (borrowing until MME gets here), Mustang Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Where do you get that I don't like the car?

As I stated elsewhere in the thread, it would be very valuable for me to have this outlet, as my laptop needs 250W which a 12V power port + inverter cannot deliver as it would blow the fuse.

The EcoSport offers the outlet. Their cheapest vehicle. Less than half the price of the Mach-E.

Am I supposed to accept everything the way it is?
Just most of the posts I've read from you and nitpicking something. You seem like a Tesla fanboy in some of your posts. Just off the top of my head, you've complained about range vs Tesla's, heat pump (I think), volume knob being only volume, the frunk organizer, the lack of an outlet, and you bring up the price of the car a lot. If you don't like what's being offered at that price then don't buy it. It just seems like you're team Tesla and compare it to everything the Tesla does better. If you believe that, then get a Tesla.

What exactly do you like about the car?
Sponsored

Last edited: