OP
generaltso

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
When you sat in it, did it feel like you were settling into a sedan, or did you feel like you were up a little higher....scale 1-10...1 being a corvette....10 being an Explorer.
It didn't feel like I was stepping down into a sedan. It felt very similar to getting into my Outlander PHEV and the Jeep Cherokee I had before that. Probably about a 6 or 7 on that scale.
Sponsored

RyZt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E4X
Country flag
As I stated elsewhere in the thread, it would be very valuable for me to have this outlet, as my laptop needs 250W which a 12V power port + inverter cannot deliver as it would blow the fuse.

The EcoSport offers the outlet. Their cheapest vehicle. Less than half the price of the Mach-E.
AC outlet on Ford vehicles are generally rated at 150W (EcoSport, Edge, CMax, etc). It's rated 400W on F-150.

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
It didn't feel like I was stepping down into a sedan. It felt very similar to getting into my Outlander PHEV and the Jeep Cherokee I had before that. Probably about a 6 or 7 on that scale.
This is exactly what I was hoping for. Currently drive a lower/sportier car, and it has started to get a little annoying getting in/out (and definitely is for older/larger passengers).

J Duce

First Name
Jean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Explorer Sport
Country flag
Holy, so heavy?! model Y is around 4416 lb, why MME so much heavier?
True. And I think this makes it even more impressive if bears out, that a 4.8s 0-60 speed is this close to the much lighter M3/MY or most other cars. It would be very fast for a heavy car.

OP
OP
generaltso

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
AC outlet on Ford vehicles are generally rated at 150W. It's rated 400W on F-150.
But vehicles with high-voltage batteries can have much higher rated outlets. That's why my Outlander PHEV has 1500W outlets. It's not the end of the world that the Mach-E doesn't have them, but it would have been nice. How else are we going to cook our bacon?

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Sentra Spec-V, Infinite Blue Mach E4X Prem
Country flag
True. And I think this makes it even more impressive if bears out, that a 4.8s 0-60 speed is this close to the much lighter M3/MY or most other cars. It would be very fast for a heavy car.
Do you guys think its too heavy to jack up and change our own wheels with a 3ton jack or is this a no-no

OP
OP
generaltso

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This is exactly what I was hoping for. Currently drive a lower/sportier car, and it has started to get a little annoying getting in/out (and definitely is for older/larger passengers).
My son has a Subaru Impreza Sport, and every time I get into it I feel like I'm getting down to sit on the ground. I was a little concerned the Mach-E would feel a bit like that, but it really didn't at all.

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
Do you guys think its too heavy to jack up and change our own wheels with a 3ton jack or is this a no-no
If you’re changing wheels at home,you’re likely not lifting the entire car at the same time therefore some of that weight is still sprung on the wheels still making contact. A 3 ton jack should be fine

OP
OP
generaltso

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
No. I will certainly be swapping to winter wheels/tires. Keep in mind that a typical jack is not lifting the entire weight of the car.

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Sentra Spec-V, Infinite Blue Mach E4X Prem
Country flag
If you’re changing wheels at home,you’re likely not lifting the entire car at the same time therefore some of that weight is still sprung on the wheels still making contact. A 3 ton jack should be fine
Im wondering if it has the standard lift points though?

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
My laptop has a 250W adapter (the adapter is the size of an iPad mini almost) and generally refuses to hold a charge on anything less. Those 12V power ports can't supply that, generally.
Yes but how much power does the laptop require? If you're paying almost $60K for a car, you should be able to afford a 12v power cord.

Raymondjram

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid LE sedan
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
I was hoping the interior dimensions would feel a little more like an SUV. The seating position was fine, but the space inside just felt more like a car than an SUV. I also didn't like that there isn't a 120v AC outlet anywhere. Cars with high-voltage batteries are uniquely able to provide high-wattage AC outlets. My Outlander PHEV has two 1500 watt AC outlets and the new Rav4 Prime and Sienna Hybrid minivan do too. Seems like a missed opportunity in the Mach-E. Being able to run an extension cord to the refrigerator during a power outage has been nice.
I agree that the Mach-E should have an AC outlet. My Fusion Hybrid does.

Rocky29670

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid (Sold), 2013 Ford Fusion (borrowing until MME gets here), Mustang Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
But vehicles with high-voltage batteries can have much higher rated outlets. That's why my Outlander PHEV has 1500W outlets. It's not the end of the world that the Mach-E doesn't have them, but it would have been nice. How else are we going to cook our bacon?

I guess we'll just have to wait for the reboot of Pimp My Ride lol

Raymondjram

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid LE sedan
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
AC outlet on Ford vehicles are generally rated at 150W (EcoSport, Edge, CMax, etc). It's rated 400W on F-150.
It is also 150 watts in my Fusion Hybrid. For the Mach-E it can be much higher, up to 600 watts using a 5 A fuse.
Sponsored