Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I think you will find it acceptable. To me the biggest issue was not seat height but head room getting in and out. Compared to my edge, I think the door opening is shorter. Makes sense as the ME overall height is lower than edge. I tried raising the seat and then the upper frame really came into play. Also as I pointed out before that is especially true for the rear seat. You really have to duck your head to get in. I was thinking I will need a cop to help me get into the back seat.
That could be why some back seat passengers have been seen putting a hand on the roof getting in and out and why JD Powers dinged it for egress.
Sponsored

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Well, from these two it does not sound like I will be sitting up as high in this car. More than one inch lower.

But from this one it sounds like I will be just fine regardless. Just don't give my knees that "Small World" feeling and I will be OK.
I hope you like it. It might depend on everyone's preferences I guess.

I was happy where I sat once adjusted and would have stepped out from that same position. However, when you turn off the vehicle the seat moved back and maybe even down a bit. I didnt really like that and I hope I can turn off that feature so the seat will stay where I left it.
??

MailGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt Premier, Mini Cooper SE, Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
Did anyone else that has sat inside think the footwell area was pretty deep? I found my shoe catching by the kickplate area when I was getting out the car.

While the seat height seemed totally fine, I did feel like I had to bend my knee and lift my leg a bit higher initially to step in. probably just one of those things I would get used to really quick after a few weeks.

IMG_20201019_140248.jpg

IMG_20201019_140309.jpg
I find it surprising they didn't go for a flat and level step-in for the driver and front passenger, or at least a much shallower gap. IIRC someone mentioned it's that way in the rear. A really nice element on cars that have it. I envision much tripping and stumbling in my future...

• Haha
Reactions: Nav

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Do the seats lower automatically when getting out? I'm wondering sliding the seat back and keeping it high (or lowering it) might help alleviate some of that scuffing and potential trip point (for the terminal clumsy among us)?
Yes. Well it moved back for sure maybe lowered as well. I didnt really like that it did that. For others it could be useful but for me I would prefer if it just stayed where I set it. Of course can change position when my wife drives it etc...

Will be looking to disable that feature on my vehicle....

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
Two more reasons:
  • USB-C is the "future" USB companies are switching to
  • USB-C is mandated by the EU as they have told phone manufacturers they have to standardize to a single plug and charging bricks
All of our mobile devices use USB-C - Galaxy S10, Galaxy S10+, Galaxy S3 tablet, and Dell XPS laptop. My favorite thing about it is that it does not need to be inserted one way, it works either way.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Yes. Well it moved back for sure maybe lowered as well. I didnt really like that it did that. For others it could be useful but for me I would prefer if it just stayed where I set it. Of course can change position when my wife drives it etc...

Very different vehicles and built in a very different era (2006 Tacoma built in Fremont), but I never move the seat getting out, doesn't seem necessary on it. Whatever this car does, I'll get used to it. :)
Thanks.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I find it surprising they didn't go for a flat and level step-in for the driver and front passenger, or at least a much shallower gap. IIRC someone mentioned it's that way in the rear. A really nice element on cars that have it. I envision much tripping and stumbling in my future...
I spent some time with one recently at a dealership and we sat down for about an hour and talked cars while we observed people checking out the car and getting in/out opening doors etc. It really was fascinating how quickly people adjust to things. We very much got the impression the vehicle will be well received and integrated into Americana straight away.

Little things like....yeah, EVERYONE'S foot didnt clear that sill, the first time. Subsequent attempts were just fine. No issues. Same with popping open the doors. It was awkward for most people at first but as soon as they did it once or twice it was a fluid motion from then on. Very natural. Same for things like the gear selector or front hood. Weird at first but quickly learned.

There are so many new and innovative things that we are going to have a lot to talk about when we get our cars.

Az MachE

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion
Country flag
I spent some time with one recently at a dealership and we sat down for about an hour and talked cars while we observed people checking out the car and getting in/out opening doors etc. It really was fascinating how quickly people adjust to things. We very much got the impression the vehicle will be well received and integrated into Americana straight away.

Little things like....yeah, EVERYONE'S foot didnt clear that sill, the first time. Subsequent attempts were just fine. No issues. Same with popping open the doors. It was awkward for most people at first but as soon as they did it once or twice it was a fluid motion from then on. Very natural. Same for things like the gear selector or front hood. Weird at first but quickly learned.

There are so many new and innovative things that we are going to have a lot to talk about when we get our cars.
Yes, SnBGC, there are a lot of new things to this vehicle that we will have to get use to and will actually feel better about the change after a few uses, and that is why I bought the MME. Innovation and Electrification.

Blue PonyE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Montana, 2016 Leaf, 2021 First Edition
Country flag
Thanks for the information and photos/video.
I noticed both examples do not show the front license plate. I asked the dealer about the front license plate bracket and he said they do not come with them attached from the factory and are dealer installed. I asked if I could get my FE without it installed. I’ll figure out something so it doesn’t disrupt the design.

fawzma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
alfa romeo
Country flag
Curios if anyone can compare getting in/out of the Mach-e vs a 2020 Alitma.

The Altima seats squish in, so when I get out I need to use the foot sill for leverage.

RyZt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E4X
Country flag
Curios if anyone can compare getting in/out of the Mach-e vs a 2020 Alitma.

The Altima seats squish in, so when I get out I need to use the foot sill for leverage.
From the conversations in this thread so far, Mach E is way better than any sedan (if you preference is SUV/truck like seating position and ingress/egress).

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag

I saw an option for that but didn't look at the details.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
My 2010 Mustang has a Pony on there and not the blue oval. I'd get a picture but she is packed away hibernating for the winter. We're due for 5-7 inches of snow here in Minnesota today.
Yeah, I think I'll stay here in Jersey....
Sponsored