tex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Very different vehicles and built in a very different era (2006 Tacoma built in Fremont), but I never move the seat getting out, doesn't seem necessary on it. Whatever this car does, I'll get used to it. :)
Thanks.
We do not have tour scheduled here, but I can relate to the floor pan depth - same issue on my BMW X1. Also depends on how far the seat is inset from the door - tour people mentioned doors are heavier than expected and probably thicker. Bottom line is both floor pan depth and seat inset result in calf dragging a bit on sill. I'm 5'11". Hasn't bothered me that much in 7+ years of ownership, but someone in slushy winter climate might object to pants dragging over sill. Never had that problem, nor likely will you - I was last 17 years om Maui. I am expecting similar seating from what people are reporting in Mache.
Sponsored

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
I asked if I could get my FE without it installed. I’ll figure out something so it doesn’t disrupt the design.
That item was asked on my order when ordering the mac drop FE through the dealers portal. So I assume I could have unchecked it.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
@SnBGC did you happen to ask if there is a tow-hook hidden behind the panel in the front?
To be honest....
The folks at the dealership were asking me things about the car because they had never seen one before. I did try to remove that cover to see the terminals and possible tow hook insert but I didnt get it to pop out easily and I was afraid to break it.

Last edited:

Az MachE

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion
Country flag
To be honest....
I folks at the dealership were asking me things about the car because they had never seen one before. I did try to remove that cover to see the terminals and possible tow hook insert but I didnt get it to pop out easily and I was afraid to break it.
Yes, but remember, you break it you own it!!!!

Jolteon

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
From the conversations in this thread so far, Mach E is way better than any sedan (if you preference is SUV/truck like seating position and ingress/egress).
And definitely worse if you prefer the seating position of the Mustang.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
To be honest....
I folks at the dealership were asking me things about the car because they had never seen one before. I did try to remove that cover to see the terminals and possible tow hook insert but I didnt get it to pop out easily and I was afraid to break it.
Darn it! I knew if anyone was going to pop that thing off it would have been you. Thanks for trying.

Jolteon

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
I hope you like it. It might depend on everyone's preferences I guess.

I was happy where I sat once adjusted and would have stepped out from that same position. However, when you turn off the vehicle the seat moved back and maybe even down a bit. I didnt really like that and I hope I can turn off that feature so the seat will stay where I left it.
??
The Easy Entry/Exit was selectable in my Mustang, I assume it will be here. I don't want my seat moving at all unless I tell it to.

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
I'm guessing that most of the cabling, wiring, cooling lines, etc. come down through those side channels, considering that the battery takes up most of the space between the floor and the bottom of the car. That would be a possible reason for that door sill being larger than "normal".

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I'm guessing that most of the cabling, wiring, cooling lines, etc. come down through those side channels, considering that the battery takes up most of the space between the floor and the bottom of the car. That would be a possible reason for that door sill being larger than "normal".
Good point. I didn't think of that. I figured it was because the perimeter frame was so massive due to the battery weight.

Well....now that I think about it, the HV cables are probably in the center of the vehicle for safety reasons. I doubt they would be outboard since that makes them susceptible to crash damage. Now the cooling lines is a different story though.....

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Good point. I didn't think of that. I figured it was because the perimeter frame was so massive due to the battery weight.

Well....now that I think about it, the HV cables are probably in the center of the vehicle for safety reasons. I doubt they would be outboard since that makes them susceptible to crash damage. Now the cooling lines is a different story though.....
I think the high sills are a Mustang styling cue. They may be other things as well

Reactions: Nav