First Name
Shihear
Reaction score
First Name
Shihear
Vehicles
GT350
Country flag
Good find! I like how the energy use screen has category breakdowns for how energy is being used.

And I know some aren't fans of large vertical screens that aren't integrated into the dash, but functionality wise they seem great. They give you enough space for split screen menus/controls that traditional nav screen sizes can't fit.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicles
2015 Mustang Convertible, 2016 Dodge Durango
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
The usage by category is great, but I'd like to see a cardinal number next to the description in addition to the graph. To me trying to gauge how much of the box is taken up by each bar is annoying, I would rather have it tell me where my energy is going clearly than have a cute graphic

Reactions: UW2

Golfer

First Name
Eric
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicles
Mustang GT, i3
Country flag
I really like the physical volume knob. It's annoying in a Tesla for a passenger to change the volume (driver at least has the steering wheel scrollwheel). And it probably doesn't just serve as volume button. With that center part being a display the knob can be contextual and serve different purposes in different menus. 👍

mark360

First Name
Mark
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 AWD
Occupation
Manufacturing
Country flag
Wow, that is awesome thank you!

buzznwood

Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & rs
Country flag
I really like the physical volume knob. It's annoying in a Tesla for a passenger to change the volume (driver at least has the steering wheel scrollwheel). And it probably doesn't just serve as volume button. With that center part being a display the knob can be contextual and serve different purposes in different menus. 👍
As the actual volume symbol is on the screen I do hope that the dial can be contextual similar to what has been used by jaguar / range rover as it would nice to cycle through some of the HVAC controls and use the dial instead.

jksu

Reaction score
Vehicles
volvo
Country flag
hoping ford/sync team allow apple the use of the front display as well (or at least part of it).

granted we've only seen pre-production models, but the current use seems like such a waste of valuable screen space...but if waze directions (or speed traps info) could be shown on the front display via apple carplay, that would so awesome -- and a huge leg up on tesla!

https://appleinsider.com/articles/2...nning-on-limiting-carplay-to-a-cars-head-unit

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
SYNC 4A, Technology, Electronics 4