Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
Rummaging through the EU Press Pack for the London event and found lots of screenshots of CarPlay, Energy monitor, and DAB Radio.

Enjoy !

Ford Mustang Mach-E First look at Apple CarPlay & Trip Info screens in SYNC 4A on Mach-E FORD_2020_Go-Electric_MACH-E_London_127

Ford Mustang Mach-E First look at Apple CarPlay & Trip Info screens in SYNC 4A on Mach-E FORD_2020_Go-Electric_MACH-E_London_124

Ford Mustang Mach-E First look at Apple CarPlay & Trip Info screens in SYNC 4A on Mach-E FORD_2020_Go-Electric_MACH-E_London_135
Ford Mustang Mach-E First look at Apple CarPlay & Trip Info screens in SYNC 4A on Mach-E FORD_2020_Go-Electric_MACH-E_London_134
Ford Mustang Mach-E First look at Apple CarPlay & Trip Info screens in SYNC 4A on Mach-E FORD_2020_Go-Electric_MACH-E_London_133

Last edited:

Shihear

First Name
Shihear
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT350
Country flag
Good find! I like how the energy use screen has category breakdowns for how energy is being used.

And I know some aren't fans of large vertical screens that aren't integrated into the dash, but functionality wise they seem great. They give you enough space for split screen menus/controls that traditional nav screen sizes can't fit.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
The usage by category is great, but I'd like to see a cardinal number next to the description in addition to the graph. To me trying to gauge how much of the box is taken up by each bar is annoying, I would rather have it tell me where my energy is going clearly than have a cute graphic

Golfer

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang GT, i3
Country flag
I really like the physical volume knob. It's annoying in a Tesla for a passenger to change the volume (driver at least has the steering wheel scrollwheel). And it probably doesn't just serve as volume button. With that center part being a display the knob can be contextual and serve different purposes in different menus. ?

mark360

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 AWD(OLD), Ford Raptor
Occupation
Manufacturing
Country flag
Wow, that is awesome thank you!

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
I really like the physical volume knob. It's annoying in a Tesla for a passenger to change the volume (driver at least has the steering wheel scrollwheel). And it probably doesn't just serve as volume button. With that center part being a display the knob can be contextual and serve different purposes in different menus. ?
As the actual volume symbol is on the screen I do hope that the dial can be contextual similar to what has been used by jaguar / range rover as it would nice to cycle through some of the HVAC controls and use the dial instead.

jksu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium STD RWD Shadow Black
Country flag
hoping ford/sync team allow apple the use of the front display as well (or at least part of it).

granted we've only seen pre-production models, but the current use seems like such a waste of valuable screen space...but if waze directions (or speed traps info) could be shown on the front display via apple carplay, that would so awesome -- and a huge leg up on tesla!

https://appleinsider.com/articles/2...nning-on-limiting-carplay-to-a-cars-head-unit

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
I can't believe they didn't take advantage of the full width of the screen.
I wonder if it was only doing that small version due to a setting to have Nav on the right. I would hate having Carplay only in that tiny area.

SashaLondon

First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD SR
Country flag
Does anyone have a photo where that enlarge screen button is pressed on carplay?
Sponsored