First Name
John
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Expedition, 2011 Nissan Leaf,
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Received mine, it weighs about 40#. Will have my mechanic install it. Very good quality. I also received my Mach E last week.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata conversion
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
looks like a winner to me.... I was going to jigger up my own direct bolt to the Bumper itself to keep the weight down, but that would have required extra time to remove bumper cover and fabricate some nice cover when not in use.

This Torklift looks like a pretty easy install just requiring removal of lower diffuser 'diaper', and cutting a small notch to fit around receiver. It is only available in 2", which makes it more beefy and heavy than I'll ever need for a bike rack, I wish there were a lighter one available w 1-1/4" receiver. Also, at $427 it's a bit more expensive than I was hoping for.... BUT I gotta have a hitch!

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata conversion
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Did you look at the Stealth Hitch? Not sure if it's lighter, but you can use a 1-1/4" receiver since they're interchangeable.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/see-my-new-trailer-hitch-installed-stealth-hitches.4921/
I did look at StealthHitch, but they are not ready to order/ship yet.... also looked like a much bigger hole in diffuser would be needed to reach the 'hidden' bolts which I'm not crazy about since water/snow/mud would pile in during use. The Torklift design looks like you can basically seal up around the hitch pretty tight after installation.

Advertisement

Advertisement