Timrod

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Great to see other hitches available. i just installed the Torklift hitch. Installation and cutting went great. I shrunk my cut size by about a quarter inch in width. The Torklift hitch has eight mounting points versus the four I see for the Curt, but the four in common are the big half inch bolts that hang from the frame rails.

super happy with the hitch. May add trailer wiring as described in this thread.

E11F365E-66AE-45AF-AE65-59A42A336581.jpeg
Sponsored

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E , 22 MachE, 62 C10 Big window long bed
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag

Rob FFE

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Select, 2017 FFE, 2013 Cmax, 1996 Ranger
Occupation
Electrical Engineer (retired)
Country flag
Looking at these it seems the Curt sticks out a bit. I would love to see the actual dimensions of all three to compare.
Yes, and the Draw-Tite requires more to be cut from the bumper cover than the Torklift. And Torklift won't rust, though its price is a bit higher.

Nikos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 Must GT, 21MME AWD, 22 F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
Country flag
Yes, and the Draw-Tite requires more to be cut from the bumper cover than the Torklift. And Torklift won't rust, though its price is a bit higher.
I have installed the Tork Lift on my ME. It has 10 attaching points which makes it a sturdier hitch.
From an aircraft mechanic stand point, I choose Tork Lift. You can check my pics when is finished the installation.
Good luck.

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E , 22 MachE, 62 C10 Big window long bed
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
Ordered the
76460 Draw-Tite Class 3 Trailer Hitch Receiver - Max-Frame
From Etrailer. It is sitting in my garage, will try to get it installed this weekend. May do a thread on it.

Glmunde

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach e GT
Occupation
Retired Pilot
Country flag
Should there be any difference installing any of the above mention hitch's for bike rack on the Mach E GT? Thanks

Nikos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
Country flag
Should there be any difference installing any of the above mention hitch's for bike rack on the Mach E GT? Thanks
I believe there is no difference in the undercarriage of the GT. You will see the magnetorheostatic shocks but everything else should be the same. I prefer the Tork Lift.
You going to need two people to raise it in place for installation. Unless you have a shop to do it.
Good luck.

Glmunde

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach e GT
Occupation
Retired Pilot
Country flag
I believe there is no difference in the undercarriage of the GT. You will see the magnetorheostatic shocks but everything else should be the same. I prefer the Tork Lift.
You going to need two people to raise it in place for installation. Unless you have a shop to do it.
Good luck.
That what I thought also. I will have it installed by a professional. No reason to screw up a new vehicle. Thanks

Progress

First Name
Rufus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Red MME GTPE
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Does the foot sensor to open the back hatch still work with the Torklift hitch installed? This was asked once earlier, but never answered.

Nikos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
Country flag
Does the foot sensor to open the back hatch still work with the Torklift hitch installed? This was asked once earlier, but never answered.
Yes it does. It can be tricky sometimes. The hitch does not interfere with the sensor.

SAM

First Name
SAM
Threads
Reaction score
A little bit of a mystical kingdom, like Camelot
Vehicles
Premium MME4X Iconic Silver
Country flag
The hatch foot sensor works fine with the hitch installed. I make sure to turn it off when I have a bike rack on the back.

TargaGone

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Crosstrek, 2018 Impeza wagon, 2022 Tucson Hyb
Occupation
Healthcare
Country flag
Anyone following this still? Installations?
Has anyone installed either of the eTrailer options which have not changed since June apparently? The pictures of the Draw Tite especially - leave a lot to the imagination. I will provide eTrailer and this forum with pictures if this is the way I go.

Last edited:

SSnc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GTPE
Country flag
Anyone following this still? Installations?
Has anyone installed either of the eTrailer options which have not changed since June apparently? The pictures of the Draw Tite - leave a lot to the imagination.
I ordered the Torklift hitch and am having it installed next week. The place I got it from also offered the Curt hitch, which was half the price, but it had a max tongue weight of only 200 lbs vs. 525 lbs for the Torklift.

Nikos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
Country flag
I ordered the Torklift hitch and am having it installed next week. The place I got it from also offered the Curt hitch, which was half the price, but it had a max tongue weight of only 200 lbs vs. 525 lbs for the Torklift.
I have installed the Torklift myself.
That is the hitch to go with in my opinion. The receiver is stainless steel.
Yes....the Stealth hitch looks like the alternative hitch to install but it was not available 3 months ago.
Good choice going with Torklift.

WWJPD

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE
Country flag
I have installed the Torklift myself.
That is the hitch to go with in my opinion. The receiver is stainless steel.
Yes....the Stealth hitch looks like the alternative hitch to install but it was not available 3 months ago.
Good choice going with Torklift.
I sent the Stealth people a message last week. I even suggested I’d take a road trip to GA, but they never responded. So I’m not waiting on them and will go with the Torklift within the next month.
Sponsored