John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Expedition, 2021 Red Mach E premium AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Received mine, it weighs about 40#. Will have my mechanic install it. Very good quality. I also received my Mach E last week.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
looks like a winner to me.... I was going to jigger up my own direct bolt to the Bumper itself to keep the weight down, but that would have required extra time to remove bumper cover and fabricate some nice cover when not in use.

This Torklift looks like a pretty easy install just requiring removal of lower diffuser 'diaper', and cutting a small notch to fit around receiver. It is only available in 2", which makes it more beefy and heavy than I'll ever need for a bike rack, I wish there were a lighter one available w 1-1/4" receiver. Also, at $427 it's a bit more expensive than I was hoping for.... BUT I gotta have a hitch!

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Did you look at the Stealth Hitch? Not sure if it's lighter, but you can use a 1-1/4" receiver since they're interchangeable.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/see-my-new-trailer-hitch-installed-stealth-hitches.4921/
I did look at StealthHitch, but they are not ready to order/ship yet.... also looked like a much bigger hole in diffuser would be needed to reach the 'hidden' bolts which I'm not crazy about since water/snow/mud would pile in during use. The Torklift design looks like you can basically seal up around the hitch pretty tight after installation.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
If the 2" receiver is below the bumper, does that reduce the ground clearance by at least 2"? So a GT with 5.3" of GC will wind up with like 3" to get over speed bumps?

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
If the 2" receiver is below the bumper, does that reduce the ground clearance by at least 2"? So a GT with 5.3" of GC will wind up with like 3" to get over speed bumps?
the way you fix that is go over the speed bumps faster ;) Ask the Mythbusters ;)

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
some of the earlier images show that the bottom of the hitch is aprox level with belly.... notched UP into the rear diffuser... maintains stock belly clearance. You can go back thru the thread and find a couple different angles.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
some of the earlier images show that the bottom of the hitch is aprox level with belly.... notched UP into the rear diffuser... maintains stock belly clearance. You can go back thru the thread and find a couple different angles.
Thanks. Looking at this thread and another one, I really don't want to ruin the back end appearance or screw up what little ground clearance I'll have. Stealth hitch idea really appeals to me but I am concerned about getting dirt and grime in there.

It kills me that Ford offers a hitch for the EU version but won't build them for the US market.

PC MachE

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD standard battery
Country flag
looks like a winner to me.... I was going to jigger up my own direct bolt to the Bumper itself to keep the weight down, but that would have required extra time to remove bumper cover and fabricate some nice cover when not in use.

This Torklift looks like a pretty easy install just requiring removal of lower diffuser 'diaper', and cutting a small notch to fit around receiver. It is only available in 2", which makes it more beefy and heavy than I'll ever need for a bike rack, I wish there were a lighter one available w 1-1/4" receiver. Also, at $427 it's a bit more expensive than I was hoping for.... BUT I gotta have a hitch!
I ordered this hitch (for a bike rack) in late March and expected it wouldn’t ship for at least a month. It arrived a week later! I’ve done this before on other vehicles and It took me about 3 hours. I’m happy with the look and the clearance. The instructions say to cut a 3x7 opening. I cut 2 3/4 for the 2 1/2 inch wide hitch (in case my cut wasn’t perfectly centered). The 7 inch depth fits perfect. I made a hardboard template and cut with an oscillating saw. I must have checked the measurements 10 times hoping not to screw it up!
Ford Mustang Mach-E First Mach-E hitch available - Torklift EcoHitch! CC59EA5A-D4CE-41FB-A4A5-AC082D17DC27

phidauex

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE 4EX, 2006 Prius, 1997 Tacoma
Occupation
Renewable Energy Engineer
Country flag
No, the hitch doesn’t hang fully below the vehicle - from what I can tell it pokes through the lower diffuser at a height higher than the lowest parts of the car so it should have no impact on ground clearance at all.

It is true that the Stealth Hitch is less visible, but you have to keep track of the little part, and you have to cut a larger hole (and it costs more). Just tradeoffs.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
I ordered this hitch (for a bike rack) in late March and expected it wouldn’t ship for at least a month. It arrived a week later! I’ve done this before on other vehicles and It took me about 3 hours. I’m happy with the look and the clearance. The instructions say to cut a 3x7 opening. I cut 2 3/4 for the 2 1/2 inch wide hitch (in case my cut wasn’t perfectly centered). The 7 inch depth fits perfect. I made a hardboard template and cut with an oscillating saw. I must have checked the measurements 10 times hoping not to screw it up!
Ford Mustang Mach-E First Mach-E hitch available - Torklift EcoHitch! CC59EA5A-D4CE-41FB-A4A5-AC082D17DC27
Nice job!
I ordered one last week.... I was going to DIY one above the reverse light and make a 'stealth' flip up cover on the bumper..... but this TorkLift install looks way simpler than what I was thinking.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag