pdxzzr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mach-E First Edition
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
I am picking up my Mach-E test subject from Torklift today. Does anyone have any questions you want me to ask them while I am there?
Do you know if they ever came up with weight ratings?

RoadRower

First Name
Lauren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach-E Premium 2021
Country flag
Nice!

Where did you get it done and how much was the install?

Is it the photo (or me), but it looks like the hitch is off center?
Pretty well centered under the light but yeah, maybe 1/2 inch more to one side. I can live with it.

EV Lab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
IB MME 4XE, Ford F-150, Honda Civic EV conversion
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
I just installed this myself. It took about 2 hours. The instructions and provided bolts and tool worked perfectly.

Nikos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 Must GT, 21MME AWD, 22 F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
Country flag
I just installed this myself. It took about 2 hours. The instructions and provided bolts and tool worked perfectly.
You gave me the pieces of info I needed.
Bolts and tool is furnished with the kit.
Did they mention any seal to put around the cutout? Something you can purchase at any parts store to close out the cutout area tightly?
Also, it is the stainless steel version you installed?

EV Lab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
You gave me the pieces of info I needed.
Bolts and tool is furnished with the kit.
Did they mention any seal to put around the cutout? Something you can purchase at any parts store to close out the cutout area tightly?
Also, it is the stainless steel version you installed?
Yes, I installed the stainless steel version. No seal was mentioned but with the black trim against the black paint on the receiver it's hard to actually see the gap. I taped out the area to cut and measured several times before cutting.

An interesting side note... I found most of the bolts holding the under tray were only finger tight from the factory.

Nikos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
Country flag
Yes, I installed the stainless steel version. No seal was mentioned but with the black trim against the black paint on the receiver it's hard to actually see the gap. I taped out the area to cut and measured several times before cutting.

An interesting side note... I found most of the bolts holding the under tray were only finger tight from the factory.
Well......I ordered already.
Thanks for the reply and info.

Rob FFE

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Select, 2017 FFE, 2013 Cmax, 1996 Ranger
Occupation
Electrical Engineer (retired)
Country flag

Do you know if all of the hitches they are making have the stainless steel receiver? I've noticed the Torque Lift website info has changed a lot, various prices, now saying SS construction. I have one in transit to me now but I don't know if it has the SS receiver.

EV Lab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
Do you know if all of the hitches they are making have the stainless steel receiver? I've noticed the Torque Lift website info has changed a lot, various prices, now saying SS construction. I have one in transit to me now but I don't know if it has the SS receiver.
I'm really not sure... I placed a pre-order when it was first made available. The invoice doesn't describe it as SS, but the receiver has STAINLESS cast into it..

Rob FFE

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Select, 2017 FFE, 2013 Cmax, 1996 Ranger
Occupation
Electrical Engineer (retired)
Country flag
Thanks for replying! I'll know tomorrow.

Nikos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
Country flag
I'm really not sure... I placed a pre-order when it was first made available. The invoice doesn't describe it as SS, but the receiver has STAINLESS cast into it..
I ordered mine the 18th. Just got an email showing shipment and tracking #.
It is a SS receiver they make only.
I don't know if all the parts are SS.
I will know in a few days.
Fed Ex Ground only.
I'm getting my cutting tools ready.

kellstd

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E, 2011 Infiniti G37 convertible
Country flag
I did look at StealthHitch, but they are not ready to order/ship yet.... also looked like a much bigger hole in diffuser would be needed to reach the 'hidden' bolts which I'm not crazy about since water/snow/mud would pile in during use. The Torklift design looks like you can basically seal up around the hitch pretty tight after installation.
I called Stealth Hitch today and they will not be ready for 6 months! I don't want to miss out on summer activities, especially bike riding. So, I'm looking at the TorkLift hitch. Does anyone know if it interferes with the foot switch for the rear hatch?

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
I called Stealth Hitch today and they will not be ready for 6 months! I don't want to miss out on summer activities, especially bike riding. So, I'm looking at the TorkLift hitch. Does anyone know if it interferes with the foot switch for the rear hatch?
I do not have a foot switch (Select w/o comfort package), but it *should* be fine. I do know that when you have a bike on the rack, the sensors see it as an object, and you have to turn OFF audible alarm when backing up.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
I ordered mine the 18th. Just got an email showing shipment and tracking #.
It is a SS receiver they make only.
I don't know if all the parts are SS.
I will know in a few days.
Fed Ex Ground only.
I'm getting my cutting tools ready.

I think they did a run with regular steel first; I have a steel one.... 42.5#! hefty 2" square tubing. I'll be curious to see the SS model.
Sponsored