Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ranger and Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
1650 in the EU which is a joke when one considers the HP and torque on the vehicle.
Is that kilos? That would be about right for a class II receiver rated at 3,500 lbs in the U. S.
Sponsored

kellstd

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E, 2011 Infiniti G37 convertible
Country flag
I do not have a foot switch (Select w/o comfort package), but it *should* be fine. I do know that when you have a bike on the rack, the sensors see it as an object, and you have to turn OFF audible alarm when backing up.
Thanks! I ordered the TorkLift hitch and just need to find an installer. One of their certified dealers quoted 3 hours labor to install but TorkLift says it should not take that long, as the bumper cover does not need to be removed.

Dafstang

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.aimdesign.com
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium E AWD/ / 2017 Mercedes GLE-43
Occupation
Product designer
Country flag
Looks very clean. Two questions:

1. How do they integrate the plug for the trailer lights, I have always had issues with aftermarket plugs. Boards going out etc.. THis was through U-haul though
2. Would you feel comfortable pulling a single jetski and trailer about 1350 lbs. And also would you be comfortable to pull that weight out of the water at a laucnh ramp. I am thinking probably not.

Just curious.

David

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Thanks! I ordered the TorkLift hitch and just need to find an installer. One of their certified dealers quoted 3 hours labor to install but TorkLift says it should not take that long, as the bumper cover does not need to be removed.
It took me less than two hours, and that included taking pictures and grinding the head of the carriage bolts a little bit.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Looks very clean. Two questions:

1. How do they integrate the plug for the trailer lights, I have always had issues with aftermarket plugs. Boards going out etc.. THis was through U-haul though
2. Would you feel comfortable pulling a single jetski and trailer about 1350 lbs. And also would you be comfortable to pull that weight out of the water at a laucnh ramp. I am thinking probably not.

Just curious.

David
There is no wiring harness with the torklift hitch and no open connection pre-wired underneath. You would have to add that separately with a kit and dig into the tail lights and all that.

The mounting points are plenty solid it is a pretty standard design going into the chassis rail and has a corner to pull against the back crossmember. Especially it looks as solid as any SUV or small truck I have ever installed a hitch on

Rob FFE

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Select, 2017 FFE, 2013 Cmax, 1996 Ranger
Occupation
Electrical Engineer (retired)
Country flag
I just installed a hitch for my MME from Torque Lift. It seems very well made and I especially like the SS receiver tube. The installation was a bit more work than other hitches that I've installed, but that's due to the covered bumper, etc. used on the MME, not a reflection on the hitch. I think that we MME owners were fortunate to be able to buy a hitch so soon after the introduction of the Mach E.

Before beginning the installation I drove the rear wheels onto some boards to raise them 3", which was enough for me to be able to get under the car sufficiently to remove the cover. I chose to use the boards so as to have my two floor jacks available to help lift the hitch into place. As it turned out, though, I had trouble keeping the hitch on the jacks and ended up not using them.

The instructions recommend having a second person to help get the hitch in place and that is advisable. Despite this, I was able to manage installation by myself by using a large bucket and a few boards to help hold the hitch in place as I rotated it into its final position. "U" shaped brackets on the jacks would probably have worked well.

The rust in the tube is from an old rusty ball mount, not the new hitch.:)

Ford Mustang Mach-E First Mach-E hitch available - Torklift EcoHitch! 20210426_114301_resized

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
I just installed a hitch for my MME from Torque Lift. It seems very well made and I especially like the SS receiver tube. The installation was a bit more work than other hitches that I've installed, but that's due to the covered bumper, etc. used on the MME, not a reflection on the hitch. I think that we MME owners were fortunate to be able to buy a hitch so soon after the introduction of the Mach E.

Before beginning the installation I drove the rear wheels onto some boards to raise them 3", which was enough for me to be able to get under the car sufficiently to remove the cover. I chose to use the boards so as to have my two floor jacks available to help lift the hitch into place. As it turned out, though, I had trouble keeping the hitch on the jacks and ended up not using them.

The instructions recommend having a second person to help get the hitch in place and that is advisable. Despite this, I was able to manage installation by myself by using a large bucket and a few boards to help hold the hitch in place as I rotated it into its final position. "U" shaped brackets on the jacks would probably have worked well.

The rust in the tube is from an old rusty ball mount, not the new hitch.:)

Ford Mustang Mach-E First Mach-E hitch available - Torklift EcoHitch! 20210426_114301_resized
nice job.... one-man install was a bit tricky.... hard to watch both sides and not poke the carriage bolts back up inside the rail as you lift into place. I was holding the hitch, and pumping the floor jack with my foot.... ;)

backing the MME up onto a couple 'regular' car ramps, or hanging the back over a curb would probably give enough working room for people that don't have a floor jack.

Eric318

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar XJC, E-Golf, Citroën 1952
Country flag
US folks:

Since Ford does not provide a rating for towing in the USA, are you not concerned that fitting a tow hitch will invalidate the insurance in case of an accident and/or invalidate the Ford warranty altogether?

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
US folks:

Since Ford does not provide a rating for towing in the USA, are you not concerned that fitting a tow hitch will invalidate the insurance in case of an accident and/or invalidate the Ford warranty altogether?
No and no if using it to carry bikes.

katumba1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Infinite Blue, 2018 Expedition
Country flag
installed mine this AM. Very easy. About 1hr20mins, and I had to grind the drivers side carriage bolts same as a prev poster mentioned. I also took the advice of another prev post and made my cut outs a little smaller then directions and it fits a bit more snug. Could've even gone tighter. Great design and solid install. Thanks!

mikeho

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
Anyone have a recommended installer in San Jose, CA? I stopped by Rack N Road and they want $650 (!!) for the install AND they said they'll be pulling off the back bumper.