First Mach E in Alaska

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Nice! Did you decide to go with the SR then? Or just testing driving in advance of the ER Arrival?

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
OP
OP
MitchAK

MitchAK

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME 4X IB , 2021 F150 Hybrid
Occupation
Power Production
Country flag
Nice! Did you decide to go with the SR then? Or just testing driving in advance of the ER Arrival?
So far just test driving it.
They had it charged for me and 100% charge showed 124 mile range.
It is such a smooth and fun car to drive. Just makes me nervous of course thinking value, investment, abilities.
I could get over the range anxiety for sure even with the SR in Alaska.
They’re looking into Ford Options for me.
I haven’t ruled out the SR wholly... crazy to wait this long and then feel like asking for just a little more time. ?

OP
OP
MitchAK

MitchAK

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Power Production
Country flag
You know it’s not the craziest idea to minimize range anxiety by giving my wife the Mach E for January February. And I drive her F150 hybrid to work.
She gets to be around the house a lot more often and it would be garaged always and I have a EV charger.

Ponypower50

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 CMax, 2021 Rapid Red Mach-E FE
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I think we got Alaska snow in Illinois.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
@Kamuelaflyer: Hawaii got statehood about 8 months after Alaska. I hope there's a shorter delay for Mach E delivery.
We intentionally delayed the statehood admission @ChasingCoral. Hawaii was thinking ahead. Who would ever watch a television show called, "Hawaii 4-9?" It's just logical. :p

OP
OP
MitchAK

MitchAK

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Power Production
Country flag
Well, the reason I had opportunities to buy these Mach E models is because I found them on my local Ford dealer websites. This was November.
Since then, I’ve been very involved in the process.
Early on and more than one occasion I asked my sales person if the vehicle is FCTP and if it would be restricted from sale for the first few months. Constantly I was assured, no it’s retail and it’s all yours if you put a deposit. So, my money sat for months, partially wondering if my reserve was enough to ensure inevitable ownership.
By now you probably are already giggling, or you should be... cause up until them confirming rebates and incentives they truly thought it was an available unit.
I got the look of concern from the salesperson, my wife and I were already on the fence and trying to consider all the variables.
We left do to our schedule.
And then minutes later I get the call from the Sales Manager, FCTP.
She apologized up and down and talked options, I asked about other locations inventory to see if the ER I have reserved since November is FCTP as well. Not an absolute but I think we all know how that’s going to turn out.
Well, such is life and in everything there’s some experience to be had.
Congrats to every one who has theirs and will get one soon.
When the one in my town shows up I’ll make a short post on the conclusion of my Maiden EV voyage.

OP
OP
MitchAK

MitchAK

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Power Production
Country flag
@Kamuelaflyer: Hawaii got statehood about 8 months after Alaska. I hope there's a shorter delay for Mach E delivery.
Just put a vinyl sticker on the outside “SPAM” it will get first class overnight delivery.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Just put a vinyl sticker on the outside “SPAM” it will get first class overnight delivery.
then someone in HI will try to eat it before it makes it to Bill

OP
OP
MitchAK

MitchAK

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Power Production
Country flag
OP
OP
MitchAK

MitchAK

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Power Production
Country flag
The Kendall Ford dealer in Anchorage got a Mach E today, a customer order delivery drop out.

Premium AWD SR Black/Black
Production 1/16
Shipped 1/23
Delivery Anchorage 3/5

They called me right away and offered the vehicle to me. They said they have to do checklist and inspections and so it is inside their maintenance facility until Monday when it will get the attention.

Good on them.

My dilemma is that recently a member of this forum who deserves an award for meritorious conduct beneficial to the forum, gave written consent that they would not take delivery of an Extended Range that’s in transit to Washington State, ETA 3/22. I currently have a $500 deposit on it.

I would then ship it up on barge ASAP and possibly have that car around beginning of April.

Premium AWD ER Infinite Blue/Lt Gray
Production 1/28
Shipped 2/10
ETA 3/22 (actually in KS in Stop Ship status)

When I drove the Gray SR I was prepared for range loss I believe it was like 6F outside, but I was actually jaw dropped. 100% charge and range 124 miles.
Knowing more now, thanks to you all, I bet it the dealer didn’t precondition it at all just expecting that it’s plugged in all he worried about was that charge percentage.
So, I’m not too shook knowing
1. I have a garage w/level 2 waiting
2. Commute 36 miles to work 12 hours all the while plugged in
It’s my commuter so it’s not held responsible for long errands or journeys.
Production dates are so close, I’m almost willing to call them linear in all except Battery size.
My adult portion of my brain knows I should wait for the ER.
The other 98 percent of my brain thinks there is enough justification to buy this available Unit.
Luckily, I work the rest of the weekend and I’m off Monday.
My little family will go to town about 45 min or so to the dealer and entertain the deal, I mean I don’t want to be rude. ?
Inevitably I need to get rid of my 2016 F150, so buying local I see trading it in as saving me time, which I value. The debacle I went through already, I told them that when I show up I want to see the Ford Options with $2500 incentives and the Ford Finance with $1000 incentives with X plan and expect to accept a trade in as my pre requisite to consider this vehicle.
Sorry this is so long, but if anyone made it this far please feel free to chime in about what you see as pro/con to this situation.
Anything about one being in Stop Ship status with a slightly later build date, is that alone possibly a good enough reason to assume that model is getting all the necessary updates if any are due.
Is the ER a no brainer and I’m just hoping enough people say do it! ? I am very impressionable and impulsive. Black vs IB
Interior black vs light gray
The dealer in Washington is honoring X plan. I don’t think I get any of the sorry you had to wait credit that name held customer order units get, and mostly rightfully so, however, I did have a deposit on one since November that had I known then it wasn’t available I could have placed a customer order then.
This Anchorage dealer may be able to get me the extra charge credit based on my situation.

Ford Mustang Mach-E First Mach E in Alaska 83959569-38A2-4FD9-9DC6-AC9F45873A1A

Ford Mustang Mach-E First Mach E in Alaska 76435421-11CE-43E6-8BC1-C6288958CE98

Ford Mustang Mach-E First Mach E in Alaska 8118D8FE-AC1D-4630-92D7-0A58CE1067CE

ROBOHOBO

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach e, '66 coupe
Country flag
The Kendall Ford dealer in Anchorage got a Mach E today, a customer order delivery drop out.
...so did you end up getting the black one from Kendall Anchorage? The Kendall Anchorage sales guy told me they already sold the black one, and Kendall ANC isn't expecting another Mach e after mine; so I hope you got the car you wanted - the next one available will probably be the grey FCTP car, whenever that comes up. [Edit: I saw a black Mach e when I stopped by Kendall today, but couldn't tell if it was for sale. Maybe the guy I talked to was mistaken?]

I originally pre-ordered a SR but panicked and swapped to ER when I converted my order. Originally I figured neither was enough to get me to Fairbanks (or out of this state ?) but at least now I can run the heater as much as I want.

Anyways, funny story: my red 4x spent a suspicious amount of time at the port in WA (I mean most of the 66 day transit time - I guess scheduling was tight) so I called Kendall Anchorage up, and it just happened to be that Friday the day after the black one arrived. At first they told me it was my red car and to get ready to come down, but just as I was getting ready to leave the house they called back and said it was the wrong car. They told me that the grey FCTP car was available to test, though so I got to drive it that Saturday. I guess some homeless guy wandered out of the woods earlier in the week and tried to steal their public charger for scrap, so when I arrived at the scheduled time, the (standard range) car hadn't charged at all and was down to about 30%. I took it out to Potter's Marsh and tooled around Rabbit Creek long enough to show the wife that it could handle winter roads; then we rushed back with about 7mi of range left.

So they loaded my car onto the barge the next Tuesday (3/9) and it was in ANC right on time on 3/18, then in my driveway the next day. It's been a great week so far, but I'll be dropping it off in the morning to figure out what's wrong with the connected services and to fix/replace a loose seal on the roof glass - so here's hoping I have it back for its 1 week anniversary.
Ford Mustang Mach-E First Mach E in Alaska 1616568681118

Last edited: