First MMEs arrive in San Diego

Jako607

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Bolt
Country flag
Anyone in San Diego plan on getting XPEL or other type of PPF? What kind of quotes are you getting and what is the name of the establishment? I am thinking about getting the front done and side markers. I have not called around town yet.
I did 36mo Ford Options and don't plan on keeping it past that so no ceramic or film for me, but based on past experience I'd recommend 5 Point Auto Spa.
Sponsored

OP
OP
JellyBelly

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
I did 36mo Ford Options and don't plan on keeping it past that so no ceramic or film for me, but based on past experience I'd recommend 5 Point Auto Spa.
I got quote from the same for about 2k for full front and another 1400 for ceramic full car. The POF is custom folding. Still shopping. I am questioning the value though as some of the parts appear flimsy like the wheel lips in the front. Worried about how the PPF will look with panel gaps.

macheman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Civic '06
Occupation
IT
Country flag
@JellyBelly Congrats on the car! Thanks for paving way with Options and Xplan at Encinitas Ford, looking to do that very soon when I get the call. Sorry if I missed, did you get the CA clean fuel credit? Also did you try any of the CVRP pre-approval shennanigans to apply to your downpayment? Encinitas Ford on the list. It might be too much of a hassle and just get the credit later.
https://cleanvehiclerebate.org/eng/rebatenow

OP
OP
JellyBelly

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
@JellyBelly Congrats on the car! Thanks for paving way with Options and Xplan at Encinitas Ford, looking to do that very soon when I get the call. Sorry if I missed, did you get the CA clean fuel credit? Also did you try any of the CVRP pre-approval shennanigans to apply to your downpayment? Encinitas Ford on the list. It might be too much of a hassle and just get the credit later.
https://cleanvehiclerebate.org/eng/rebatenow
I did get the 1500 clean fuel credit but did not try the other stuff

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
10 mi on the odometer, that's what I like to see. ? Congrats!

Jako607

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Bolt
Country flag
I just walked by and saw my car's twin in South Park. First one I've seen on the roads besides mine! If you happen to be on here, FYI I walk my dog by your house almost every day, I'll say hello if I ever see you outside ?

OP
OP
JellyBelly

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
I just walked by and saw my car's twin in South Park. First one I've seen on the roads besides mine! If you happen to be on here, FYI I walk my dog by your house almost every day, I'll say hello if I ever see you outside ?
Lol - Not me

MachEPilot

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach-E X
Occupation
Computer Programmer
Country flag
While I have one on order, I don't think it would arrive until after Sep 2021.
So... I got on the internet, shopped around, then shopped around more.
I found 4 Mach-E's that met my (wife's) requirements.
Premium, RWD, eXtended battery, Lt Grey Interior, (Iconic Silver, Infinite Blue, Space White).
Most of the dealers wanted you to show up, so you'd fall in love with the car, and
pay $5K to $10K over MSRP. There were two dealers (Gosch Escondido,
Theodore Robins Ford [Costa Mesa]) that did NOT even mention Additional
Dealer Markup (ADM). We ended up buying a Mach-E off the lot of Vista Ford
Woodland Hills (140 miles North of San Diego, near Ventura), and we did pay ADM,
in the form of giving them the CA Clean Air Act $1500.
Wife's happy (most important)
I'm happy,
Dealer's happy
Everyone wins!

Love the car, the 140 mile ride home, through LA traffic, was nice.
Only two issues, I didn't know how to turn the display brightness down,
it got dark on the drive home, and the main display is bright.
Second, I tried to charge it at an Electrify America Charging Station.
Was successful, but, only after I called their help line. The machine I pulled up to,
did not have a functional card reader, and my Ford pass was not *Connected* yet (it is now).

I can see the *Calm* screen mode, which is dark, but, wondering if there is a way
to setup auto brightness? like, when the headlights come on, go into dark mode or something?

OP
OP
JellyBelly

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Congrats... enjoy the Silver Pony.

there is a setting in settings for brightness and also to auto change from dark to light and vice versa. The auto setting will change to dark at dusk. Have to look for that exact setting can’t remember as I type this.

OP
OP
JellyBelly

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
My little Pony has arrived!!! Dealer has not called yet but as many of you I know you check 100 times a day?

Ford Mustang Mach-E First MMEs arrive in San Diego 03B6D70D-B8EE-4FE8-A240-BD562ACF2554
Congrats ! Your car built just a day after mine and shipped a day after mine :)

Jako607

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Bolt
Country flag
Picked up today and I am here to report...front license plate bracket is installed?. Other than that my little pony is beautiful!
Haha yeah they did me dirty like that too. Oh well at least we won't get a ticket like I did on my last car (he actually pulled me over for that in my Bolt!).
My car was officially put "in production" today so I'm eagerly awaiting shipping information. I'm with Penske Ford La Mesa.

When was y'all's production dates if you don't mind?
Have you gotten any updates recently? I had a great experience at Penske Ford La Mesa. See if you can work with John in Finance...he figured out all the rebates and Ford Options stuff, and Fabrice who was my sales rep and was really great. He admittedly wasn't an EV or Mach-E expert but took the time to learn, and asked me a lot of questions about my experience with EVs, and spent the entire time making sure everything was done correctly. He even sat with me outside most of the time (I chose not to go indoors so they did the whole thing outside for me) until the final signature. He's led quite the interesting life...have him tell you all about his past career.

Jako607

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Bolt
Country flag
Picked up today and I am here to report...front license plate bracket is installed?. Other than that my little pony is beautiful!
Haha yeah they did me dirty like that too. Oh well at least we won't get a ticket like I did on my last car (they actually pulled me over for that in my Bolt!). Congrats on finally getting it. What color and trim did you get? Pics?

ndit

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Country flag
Haha yeah they did me dirty like that too. Oh well at least we won't get a ticket like I did on my last car (he actually pulled me over for that in my Bolt!).

Have you gotten any updates recently? I had a great experience at Penske Ford La Mesa. See if you can work with John in Finance...he figured out all the rebates and Ford Options stuff, and Fabrice who was my sales rep and was really great. He admittedly wasn't an EV or Mach-E expert but took the time to learn, and asked me a lot of questions about my experience with EVs, and spent the entire time making sure everything was done correctly. He even sat with me outside most of the time (I chose not to go indoors so they did the whole thing outside for me) until the final signature. He's led quite the interesting life...have him tell you all about his past career.
Was shipped on the 10th of February. Per Jeff (the internet sales rep), he says on track for the middle of this month, but the tracker says ETA 3/21. I'm glad to hear you had a good experience with them, I was wondering if anyone else had gone through them so far. Thanks for laying down the ground work in finance for me with Ford options! Did you have them do the X-Plan?
Sponsored