KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
We got the update on Tuesday night (04/06/21). No notifications for an update. The only way I knew it happened was a notification from the FordPass App. And the notification won't go away even though I've read it!

I'm not sure if the actual update took place though. Last week my Sync was 20312_PRODUCT version 243 and it's the same as of today.
Sync version hasn't changed for anyone. The update was likely for various modules on the car.
Sponsored

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
It does not appear that the first OTA update resolved any of my bugs....

- the alarm interior motion sensor: Off setting refuses to stick, always reverting back to On every time I restart the car. Super annoying.

- car is recognizing my fob or phone when I approach, but I cannot open either passenger door unless I either use the unlock button on my phone/fob or first open the driver door. Super annoying.

- rain sensing wipers activate under clear conditions, one sweep only of the front and rear, when I start the car after being parked outdoors for at least thirty minutes. Not really annoying just bizarre.

- other bugs like the car ignoring my max charge limit (once), switching my headlamps from Auto to On (once), and refusing to reset mi/kWh in the trip computer (a few times early on) have not recurred so I consider these gremlins dormant for now.

- havenā€™t had a chance to test whether there has been any improvement to public charging, either P&C or using FP to initiate charges.

- FP still has more bugs than that nasty hand hole in Temple of Doom, but that isnā€™t an OTA issue.

I have noticed one difference, maybe. The sensitivity of my proximity sensors and cams seems to have been significantly reduced. It used to be that my beeps and cams came on very quickly when entering and exiting my garage. My driveway exits the garage with a curve, which means my front bumper does get closer to the side of the garage door than I would like. I appreciated having those warnings. Now the cams only switch on when I am very close to hitting something. I preferred the higher sensitivity. Can anyone confirm whether theyā€™ve noticed this change?

Iā€™d check the release notes but apparently this is all very Top Secret stuff.

Last edited:

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
- rain sensing wipers activate under clear conditions, one sweep only of the front and rear, when I start the car after being parked outdoors for at least thirty minutes. Not really annoying just bizarre.
This is my 3rd vehicle with rain sensing wipers, and every single one of them did that sometimes. Try turning down the sensitivity it should help

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
This is my 3rd vehicle with rain sensing wipers, and every single one of them did that sometimes. Try turning down the sensitivity it should help
Iā€™ve already got the sensitivity cranked as low as it will go. I would actually expect the wipers to sometimes have a false trigger, itā€™s just interesting to me that it almost always occurs in the one situation I described above. This bug is more interesting than it is annoying. Itā€™s almost like the heat from sitting out in the sun is triggering it, but only once upon startup. Thereā€™s no pollen or dust on the windshield that I can see.

N2bonz54

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium 2WD Extended Range
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
https://fordauthority.com/2021/03/first-2021-ford-f-150-mustang-mach-e-ota-updates-start-march-18/

First 2021 Ford F-150, Mustang Mach-E OTA Updates Start March 18

Ford Authority has learned exactly when the first 2021 F-150 and Mach-E OTA updates will begin ā€“ March 18th.

Ford actually began beta testing Mach-E OTA updates earlier this month, but now itā€™s ready to roll them out to all owners. However, Ford is still taking a staged approach to the updates, and not all owners will receive them at the same time. Most customers can expect to receive updates within 3-4 weeks after the initial launch date.

Both 2021 Ford F-150 and Ford Mustang Mach-E owners will receive two different software packages, spaced out one week from each other. Delivery of both packages is expected to be completed by the end of April.

This software update includes bug fixes and minor refinements, as well as an update to correct the F-150 Zone Lighting battery concern. Customers can expect to see in-vehicle icon notifications which include update details for these two software packages. Customers using FordPass will also receive alerts on their home screen upon successful completion. Additionally, the Ford Owner website will have updated status information when customers log in.

This update will not require the vehicle to be parked with the ignition off. As long as automatic updates are set to on, which is the standard factory setting, the process will take place in the background, without any action needed. Notification icons on the vehicleā€™s screen will inform owners of the status of the update and what is included. We previously covered how this process works in the 2021 F-150, with a helpful video that walks owners through the update installation process.
Just did a video chat with Ford Customer service. The agent didn't know any details either. She said she would search around and ask her "team" and send me an email of what she finds. I notice that my range computer is now showing me with a range of 312 miles with 100% charge. Before, I couldn't get it above about 270 miles. Maybe that was one of the "refinements"...

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue.....GOT IT!
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
I think that I am the ONLY one who has not gotten an update where my car tells me there was one.

Rocky29670

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid (Sold), 2013 Ford Fusion (borrowing until MME gets here), Mustang Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
We got the update on Tuesday night (04/06/21). No notifications for an update. The only way I knew it happened was a notification from the FordPass App. And the notification won't go away even though I've read it!

I'm not sure if the actual update took place though. Last week my Sync was 20312_PRODUCT version 243 and it's the same as of today.
How do you check your sync? I got the update according to my app but my wireless Android auto still doesn't work, only wired

Northofnine

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E AWD ext Premium 2021 Job 1 non EA
Country flag
Just got my first OTA update today!
No idea if any noticeable changes. I will check on the drive to work tomorrow.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Still no OTA update. This is really being slow-rolled.

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
Still no OTA update. This is really being slow-rolled.
I am soooo glad it is not just me. I have an FE and zero updates. My wife has the saw car but a premium. She got it about 6 weeks after mine and she has an update. This is weird

Darken

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Prius Prime, 2021 Mach-E Grabber Blue FE
Country flag
No update for me yet either. I wonder why it is taking so long to update the relatively few Mach-E's that have been delivered.

Also I'm curious what happens if your car isn't available to update. ? Mine was in deep sleep mode at the body shop when this started to roll out, I have no idea if it was tried but I wonder if they would come back and try again.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
šŸ”‘ ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ šŸ‘€
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
No update for me yet either. I wonder why it is taking so long to update the relatively few Mach-E's that have been delivered.

Also I'm curious what happens if your car isn't available to update. ? Mine was in deep sleep mode at the body shop when this started to roll out, I have no idea if it was tried but I wonder if they would come back and try again.
Yeah, it's "while supplies last," like the toilet paper last spring.

Just kidding. You'll get your update eventually and then you'll start the anxious waiting cycle all over again for the next "hit" that will just let you down again. ;)

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
In January and February, Ford sold roughly 9,200 vehicles. If we assume they sold roughly 4,000 vehicles in Mach, that means there are roughly 13,000 vehicles in the fleet. Today is April 16. Continuing to assume Ford only does OTA during M-F working hours, at best, their OTA rate is 666 vehicles a day. Itā€™s reported that this update is about 100 MB. So, unless I screwed up the math someplace (which is always a very high possibility ?) Fordā€™s maximum effective data rate for this update is 16 Mbps. Iā€™m relieved they arenā€™t taxing the bandwidth in Dearborn ?

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
In January and February, Ford sold roughly 9,200 vehicles. If we assume they sold roughly 4,000 vehicles in Mach, that means there are roughly 13,000 vehicles in the fleet. Today is April 16. Continuing to assume Ford only does OTA during M-F working hours, at best, their OTA rate is 666 vehicles a day. Itā€™s reported that this update is about 100 MB. So, unless I screwed up the math someplace (which is always a very high possibility ?) Fordā€™s maximum effective data rate for this update is 16 Mbps. Iā€™m relieved they arenā€™t taxing the bandwidth in Dearborn ?
I guess my question is has anyone with a FE had an update??? Especially early ones or were they done at the racetrack.
Sponsored