Golfer

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang GT, i3
Country flag
https://fordauthority.com/2021/03/first-2021-ford-f-150-mustang-mach-e-ota-updates-start-march-18/

First 2021 Ford F-150, Mustang Mach-E OTA Updates Start March 18

Ford Authority has learned exactly when the first 2021 F-150 and Mach-E OTA updates will begin – March 18th.

Ford actually began beta testing Mach-E OTA updates earlier this month, but now it’s ready to roll them out to all owners. However, Ford is still taking a staged approach to the updates, and not all owners will receive them at the same time. Most customers can expect to receive updates within 3-4 weeks after the initial launch date.

Both 2021 Ford F-150 and Ford Mustang Mach-E owners will receive two different software packages, spaced out one week from each other. Delivery of both packages is expected to be completed by the end of April.

This software update includes bug fixes and minor refinements, as well as an update to correct the F-150 Zone Lighting battery concern. Customers can expect to see in-vehicle icon notifications which include update details for these two software packages. Customers using FordPass will also receive alerts on their home screen upon successful completion. Additionally, the Ford Owner website will have updated status information when customers log in.

This update will not require the vehicle to be parked with the ignition off. As long as automatic updates are set to on, which is the standard factory setting, the process will take place in the background, without any action needed. Notification icons on the vehicle’s screen will inform owners of the status of the update and what is included. We previously covered how this process works in the 2021 F-150, with a helpful video that walks owners through the update installation process.
Sponsored

fayt349

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i4 eDrive 40 M-Sport
Occupation
Network Support Engineer
Country flag
Cool and all but unless there are release notes it's going to be very difficult to know what issues we still have or don't have.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Man, Ford really should reveal exactly what is being updated. As someone who loves tech, I want this information. This is something Tesla does exceptionally well and I guess I expected the same from Ford. I hope this is not the OTA model we're going to be getting through the life of the car.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
Man, Ford really should reveal exactly what is being updated. As someone who loves tech, I want this information. This is something Tesla does exceptionally well and I guess I expected the same from Ford. I hope this is not the OTA model we're going to be getting through the life of the car.
Guys, we’re gonna know soon enough if this update fixes the screen buzz and roof wind noise. Be patient!