Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
Do you have to be charging ie plugged in to get the upgrade?
The news release said you don’t even have to be parked to get the update. So naturally I made a joke about that.
Sponsored

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
The news release said you don’t even have to be parked to get the update. So naturally I made a joke about that.
My update happened either while I was driving today or in the one hour between me getting home and going out to get the module versions.

Moogly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E First Edition Rapid Red
Country flag
The OTA update happened for my MME quietly while it was in the garage. Nice.

But what did the update do?

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
How does one know if they got the update?
FordPass app will have this at the top of the vehicle tab.

Ford Mustang Mach-E First OTA update for Mach-E coming March 18 tomorrow Screenshot_20210318-212247_FordPass

And you can go to the update section on the car screen like I did in my pic earlier.
Ford Mustang Mach-E First OTA update for Mach-E coming March 18 tomorrow 20210318_165652

Plutoman15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Excursion, Expedition
Country flag
Has anyone tried fast charging with the new update to see if the errors have been fixed at EA or others?

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Is that a thing? Is the rear going to have ambient lights?
No, that's my limited attempt at humor, the led lights are not physically there in the back seat area.

I try to keep the sarcasm to a minimum but sometimes I can't help myself. Such a big stir over lights. Ford promised me lights in the backseat. See they are right there in these fake computer renderings. How can I possibly enjoy driving this car with dark backseat door panels? I'm outraged.

See there I go again.

Maybe in a future model year there will be rear ambient lighting?

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I checked my Sync Version information and it was still the same as before the update. I'll check the version info again if I get the second update next week.
Makes no sense that an upgrade is not reflected in your sync version/build number. How many combinations of Mach-e's will there be out there all with the same sync version/build number? Would be great to get a few OBD codes and see how much the same version of sync can vary.

Guess we all need to buy OBD readers to know? :(
My update happened either while I was driving today or in the one hour between me getting home and going out to get the module versions.
Too bad you could not catch it before but now you have a baseline. I assume since sync was not upgraded that modules were? Or they sent something to sync that says it was updated to make sure that text screen was working.
Impatiently awaiting my turn for the update!
It's going to happen I can feel it ? ?.

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
So has anyone tested to see if their individual issues have gone away? PaaK problems, puddle lights, charging speed, etc?

Mgayle83

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tacoma
Occupation
IT
Country flag
No, that's my limited attempt at humor, the led lights are not physically there in the back seat area.

I try to keep the sarcasm to a minimum but sometimes I can't help myself. Such a big stir over lights. Ford promised me lights in the backseat. See they are right there in these fake computer renderings. How can I possibly enjoy driving this car with dark backseat door panels? I'm outraged.

See there I go again.

Maybe in a future model year there will be rear ambient lighting?
Got it. Makes sense now.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
So my dashboard on the Ford Owner site has updated after this OTA as well. It now has a ton of information about the vehicle. Anyone else notice this?
Sponsored