Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
What I find is that the website and the app are 100% useless to me. I'm thinking about just uninstalling it. I really see no purpose other than if I want to remote lock or unlock.

here is what mine shows:

error An error occurred. Please try again.
The percent charge and range in the app match what's in my car. Another thing I find useful is the charge log. I think it will also notify me if somebody interrupts my charge while at a public charge station - haven't been there yet.
Sponsored

CarboFE

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E FE Carbonized Grey
Country flag
I've been seeing these additional tiles for a few days now, but no indication of the OTA update yet.

Like others have been reporting, the Charge Level tile is way off and the Vehicle Health Reports seem in error. I've never been able to sign up for the FordPass Charging Network as it never shows up in the Connected Services. Oh, and I still cannot connect to my home wifi ...

None of this inspires confidence in the whole FordPass software ecosystem. Love the car, getting exasperated with the software.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
Ford portal still thinks its' trying to set my car up as new. So it shows nothing, and doesn't work and doesn't recognize my Vin for update checking, and can't even delete the car and start over. So useless.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
It does appear that this OTA actually was part of the beta program.
No warning that it was coming or that the program had even fully started. But I received a survey a little bit ago asking me how my update went from the program.

I may have really let it be known I wasn't happy about the release notes.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Some of this stuff was here before, but not this much. The Apps, Satisfaction programs, charge level, tire pressures, that was all not on my dashboard before.

(The Health alerts and Charge level are either broken, or showing info from another car though)

1616162912782.png
I am hoping the OTA update will make the Ford system recognize my MME as MME and not an Edge - I still see Sync3 info on my support page. Wishful thinking that this will be addressed

AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag
It seems all those with updates can still drive.

CHeil402

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Audi A4, 2021 MME
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
I see all of this new info on owner.ford.com as well, but no indication my Mach-E has received the OTA update yet. Pretty sure it's just work on the website and this info has already been available, but just now showing up.

Should add that the info is very obviously incorrect on a lot of tiles....
1616166732863.png

Certainly haven't seen my GOM show 331 mile range, ever.
Maybe the website is using the WLTP European range calculation instead of the US EPA one the vehicle uses?

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Maybe the website is using the WLTP European range calculation instead of the US EPA one the vehicle uses?
My page refreshed and went from 295 to 285. In car it went from 183 to 177. weird.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag

back_at_it_19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Job 1 GB FE and '22 Red Prem4x
Country flag
What I find is that the website and the app are 100% useless to me. I'm thinking about just uninstalling it. I really see no purpose other than if I want to remote lock or unlock.

here is what mine shows:

error An error occurred. Please try again.
This will be my approach should I ever receive my car... not going to set up an account or use the app until the bugs are fixed.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
This will be my approach should I ever receive my car... not going to set up an account or use the app until the bugs are fixed.
Part of the dealers checklist for delivering the car to the customer is setting up the FordPass app, and verifying it gets activated properly. My salesman even had to take a pic of the screen that showed it successfully activated to send to ford to prove they did it.

You may not have a choice. But honestly, theres nothing wrong with setting it up. IF you don't want to use it, just don't open the app. It only adds functionality.
Sponsored