Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
So they did not tested it at post or reproduction and are using costumers to beta test for them? Who said Ford is not embracing the tech world.
The statement from @benk016 was purely speculation, not fact. With that said, of course customers find things that the QA staff does not - that IS the nature of software.
Sponsored

TheSteelRider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Premium RWD
Country flag
I see all of this new info on owner.ford.com as well, but no indication my Mach-E has received the OTA update yet. Pretty sure it's just work on the website and this info has already been available, but just now showing up.

Should add that the info is very obviously incorrect on a lot of tiles....
1616166732863.png

Certainly haven't seen my GOM show 331 mile range, ever.
I got you beat!

Ford Mustang Mach-E First OTA update for Mach-E coming March 18 tomorrow 1617030364711

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
I got you beat!

Ford Mustang Mach-E First OTA update for Mach-E coming March 18 tomorrow 1617030364711
is that the correct number of KM? there was another post where when you map the number shown to KM (although it says MI) it was actually the right number - so the site was just showing the wrong units. 364 KM would be about 226 MI.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
How did you know it was not just a bunch of text pop ups? Anything really noticeable? Not too interested in slipping LTSC upgrades into a image with dsim too often. But for the first time I am just hoping for one update and it is to a vehicle. ?

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
I got you beat!

For science purposes, I think you both should run your batteries down until the car dies and report back how many miles you actually achieved. Don't worry, Ford will provide a tow to the nearest charger.

TheSteelRider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Premium RWD
Country flag
is that the correct number of KM? there was another post where when you map the number shown to KM (although it says MI) it was actually the right number - so the site was just showing the wrong units. 364 KM would be about 226 MI.
Yes 364 KM = 226 M which is indeed what is displayed.

Cnote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Corvette Stingray, 2021 Mach E premium SR RWD
Country flag
The percent charge and range in the app match what's in my car. Another thing I find useful is the charge log. I think it will also notify me if somebody interrupts my charge while at a public charge station - haven't been there yet.
The percent charge and range usually match for me as well (at least in certain screens in the app), but the time to finish charging is sometimes wonky because it tells me it is charging and that it will finish yesterday lol. I also had to get used to the fact that it said 100% charge in some places in the app despite me setting a 90% limit, which shows properly in other places. The app still needs work for sure.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Yes 364 KM = 226 M which is indeed what is displayed.
yeah, I think the Owner site is confused sometimes about Freedumb Units vs. Rest-of-World Units. maybe the Mars Climate Orbiter folks can help them out.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
and you'd have to deal with phones that don't have NFC. there are phones shipping today - new phones - that don't have NFC. that might be silly, but here we are. we know at least two forum members own such phones. ;)

I suspect some people with NFC would argue that "well I don't care about them, because mine would work better"... but Ford has to be careful about that kind of thinking.

however, the other piece is as mentioned you're back to having to take the phone out (and in fact hold it to very specific places), like you would a key, like you're driving a 1975 Mustang II or something. If PaaK is truly to be a key fob replacement, it's got to work in your pocket, including in colder climates where you've got potentially your phone buried in a pocket and you have heavy gloves on. NFC simply doesn't do that because of the NF part.

NFC is in some ways fundamentally broken for this use case - just broken in different ways than BT. If you live in Silicon Valley, you wouldn't have to deal with those ways. But, ask a certain software company car maker about how designing for moderate cold as the worst level of cold is working out.
I think if Ford had adopted NFC for it’s key system, we’d be seeing as many posts about how poorly it’s implemented as we’re seeing regarding PAAK. Choose your poison.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
has anyone here, other than beta testers, actually received this update?
I doubt it. And I think the Beta initially had 2 OTA's in it according to the email that was sent to people to sign up for it. You'd get one, and then a few weeks later get a 2nd one.

Once that happens then I'd expect to start seeing the OTA on all other vehicles.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
No OTA update yet. And I just read through about the last four pages of this thread to see that still nobody knows what the update is supposed to do.
Sponsored

Last edited: