First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Thanks to everyone individually reporting in with installation status.

I'm sure Ford is carefully monitoring this discussion in order to gain the telemetry required to manually schedule the next small batch of vehicles requiring the minor bug fixes update.

My vehicle received the minor update a few weeks ago -- folks at Ford can now cross off my vin from the release binder. Please write down my vin into the next update binder. All the ems are M as in Mary, not N as in Nancy. Please be careful while writing it down.

?

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
And, just as we have the 1/24 build thread and the other thread for people who hadn’t gotten their cars to commiserate in (the name escapes me), people sharing that they haven’t been updated is helpful in that it lets them know that “they’re not the only ones”, and it provides everyone with an idea of the pace of OTA updates. What would be interesting would be if we could discern a pattern to how they’re pushing out these OTA updates.

TheSteelRider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Premium RWD
Country flag
I was able to get a list of changes in this OTA. Here is the list:

* The start button has been removed. Now, just get in the car and drive. It will guess, oops I mean predict whether you want to go in forward or reverse. It will usually be right.
* The display (meaning the physical display itself) has rotated to be landscape.
* Based off feedback, the screen whine sound effect has been updated to now be a fart sound effect.
* The pedestrian alert has been removed, Ford could care less about pedestrians.
* The propulsion sound has been modified to instead sound like random parts (bumpers, roofs, etc) are falling off the car.
* The ride is no longer bumpy, except for two customers. Their cars will always be bumpy.
* There are now mood lighting LEDs in the rear of the vehicle. Ford apologizes for the oversight. Additionally, we've added LEDs to each wheel well and along the headliner.

Last edited:

NEW E PONY

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E
Country flag
Just got an OTA this morning and I now have no volume on my navigation or my radio totally silent. Has anybody experienced anything like this or is there a fix?

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
No OTA update for me yet - I guess we get a message when update happens or is available? Otherwise no way for me to tell and the system says its upto date so I am assuming I have not received it yet

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yeah, it's "while supplies last," like the toilet paper last spring.

Just kidding. You'll get your update eventually and then you'll start the anxious waiting cycle all over again for the next "hit" that will just let you down again. ;)
Just need to get hit right and then won't need it again. This first one appears not to hit too much. Would not worry to much about not receiving and skipping the first one.

Hoping for something worth talking about in the near future. Karma is not the sharpest pebble on the beach yet.

mcarney52

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach e Premium AWD ER
Country flag
My OTA fixed the Plug & Charge. Started working on Thursday at EA Station in Clifton NJ and continued the next day on my return trip to MD. OTA note from Ford showed up on Thu pm. Used 250kw of my Ford Pass credits. Worked great.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
No OTA update for me yet - I guess we get a message when update happens or is available? Otherwise no way for me to tell and the system says its upto date so I am assuming I have not received it yet
I just got it and there is notice on the screen about the update. You can also check in the settings menu.

A1423BBB-87D7-4E2D-ACB2-F3C720EF371B.jpeg

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
I’ll have to work on recalculating ford’s effective OTA data rate, but at the pace they’re going, our data rate to Voyager 2 will have Ford beat ???

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue.....GOT IT!
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
My wife got an update on hers but I never got one on mine, so I tried to compare sync numbers and updates to see if they were similar. Well, there is ZEO similarity. Now the REALLY crazy thing is that my car now has roughly 6800 miles after about 6 weeks. I have NEVER been able to charge it up at home to 100% and get past 242.00 This weekend without any update it charged to 272 on an FE. I will charge it again tonight to see if that lasts or if it was a fluke. Driving habits have not changed.
Sponsored