mikeho

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
I still haven't received the update, though I'm glad my software problems are relatively minor. I hope it will fix these issues when I do get it!
Sponsored

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue.....GOT IT!
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
I have an FE and have never had an update. Here is my 100% charge this morning. Please explain this when the max is supposed to be 270

9C92B722-988E-459B-9B83-7BAE306B1D4C.png

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue.....GOT IT!
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
The reason I feel it is related to OTA I think is obvious. I have never gotten one and yet in one week my FE goes from 240-250 to over 280. If it has to do with intelligent and crowd sourcing then fine because my car proves the concept works. What I can say is that most days I drive less than 30 miles a day but at least one day per week I drive 200-250. Does the 6800 miles have an effect like breaking in the batteries??? Are all OTA updates made public to the owner or are there some done by ford that we simply do not know???

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
The reason I feel it is related to OTA I think is obvious. I have never gotten one and yet in one week my FE goes from 240-250 to over 280. If it has to do with intelligent and crowd sourcing then fine because my car proves the concept works. What I can say is that most days I drive less than 30 miles a day but at least one day per week I drive 200-250. Does the 6800 miles have an effect like breaking in the batteries??? Are all OTA updates made public to the owner or are there some done by ford that we simply do not know???
Your estimated range changes because of a number of factors. Right now, it's primarily based on charge level, temperature/weather conditions, and your own driving history.

Mine changes too. It's getting hotter outside.

AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag
I'm starting to get very close to that range in cold Canada all because we're on a heat wave (which you southerners would still call winter).

Don't Panic about the ota. The car still doesn't make coffee for me when I'm pale blue cruising.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
My OTA fixed the Plug & Charge. Started working on Thursday at EA Station in Clifton NJ and continued the next day on my return trip to MD. OTA note from Ford showed up on Thu pm. Used 250kw of my Ford Pass credits. Worked great.
I’ve tested P&C twice at EA stations, post OTA update, and it’s still broke for me. It does not appear that this update fixed any of the problems I’ve observed. It’s certainly possible it fixed an issue I haven’t observed. But I’d sure prefer that Ford fix the issues I’ve observed.

mikeho

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
It won’t.
You're very quick to say that it won't fix bugs with saving settings, which is the only real issue aside from the PaaK inconsistency. Did you have the settings problem and it didn't work?

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
You're very quick to say that it won't fix bugs with saving settings, which is the only real issue aside from the PaaK inconsistency. Did you have the settings problem and it didn't work?
Yes and it's not fixed. And we already know that the only module updated in this update is the gateway module. This particular update just appears to prepare the vehicle for future updates. Ford has said that the bug that is causing some setting to not stick will be fixed in an update in May.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Yes and it's not fixed. And we already know that the only module updated in this update is the gateway module. This particular update just appears to prepare the vehicle for future updates. Ford has said that the bug that is causing some setting to not stick will be fixed in an update in May.
How do we know this?

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
because someone with the background and knowledge on the updates told us what it did.
This is awesome news. Was that published somewhere or was it behind the scenes? This is first I’m hearing of it.