Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Curious if that is an LED light bar just above the Ford logo. I was hoping there would be some sort of visual method to communicate if it's connected to a vehicle and charging or if there is a fault etc....

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
Curious if that is an LED light bar just above the Ford logo. I was hoping there would be some sort of visual method to communicate if it's connected to a vehicle and charging or if there is a fault etc....
Better pictures here: https://www.ford.com/buy-site-wide-content/overlays/mach-e-overlays/ford-connected-charge-station/

Looks like a LED bar to me. I suspect the color indicates it's state. That said, this is the slightly better 48A option and not the free one. (21 miles/hour vs 30 miles/hour).

Free one is in this article: https://electrek.co/2019/11/18/ford-mustang-mach-e-home-charging-on-par-with-tesla/

Last edited:
OP
OP
jdmrc93

jdmrc93

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition in Grabber Blue
Occupation
IT Network Engineer
Country flag
I will say, I hate how the "first real world photos" of things always end up looking like they were shot with a 2006 flip phone.

AndyS_OSU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevrolet BoltEV
Occupation
Educator
Country flag
Is it true that they will be offering those as an incentive? And if so, I’m guessing if we already have an EVSE at home and don’t need the Ford charger that we aren’t getting any cash incentive in its place.

OP
OP
jdmrc93

jdmrc93

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition in Grabber Blue
Occupation
IT Network Engineer
Country flag
Is it true that they will be offering those as an incentive? And if so, I’m guessing if we already have an EVSE at home and don’t need the Ford charger that we aren’t getting any cash incentive in its place.
I don't think there will be an "incentive" per-se. It will still cost $799. I think the incentive is free installation by a qualified electrician from Amazon Home Services. You can lump that into the price of the car, though. BUT your utility company may offer incentives. I have been in contact with DTE Energy PEV group to get this specific charger added. They have been working with Ford to get it added since I contacted them. DTE will give $500 back to those who install. Some states also offer incentives for installing qualified level 2 chargers.

I.Adams

First Name
Ingo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mondeo 2.0l 145HP
Occupation
Managing Design Engineer & IWI
Country flag
799$ is rather to expensive. A wallbox which can only charge without any data connectivity (Ford Germany said this in a YouTube channel to me)... sorry, no way.

The Go eCharger has much more functions and a great WLAN connectivity. And it's easy to connect.

Sorry Ford, that's not a good product.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
799$ is rather to expensive. A wallbox which can only charge without any data connectivity (Ford Germany said this in a YouTube channel to me)... sorry, no way.

The Go eCharger has much more functions and a great WLAN connectivity. And it's easy to connect.

The Connected Charger from Ford also has wifi connectivity, for whatever that's worth to you. It's a 11.5kW capable charger, so be sure to compare it to other chargers with that power (if it is what you need or want).

We don't know German pricing for this accessory yet.

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag

You failed to read the page that I sent, such as:
The intelligent features extend from personal to online connectivity, with Bluetooth & Wi-Fi capability. Your Ford Connected Charge Station can stay up-to-date with the latest technology via automatic over-the-air updates.
The one without data connectivity is free with the purchase of the car.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I don't think Amazon installation will be free, either.
Not a chance. That would cost them real money. Better to give away the charger.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Better pictures here: https://www.ford.com/buy-site-wide-content/overlays/mach-e-overlays/ford-connected-charge-station/

Looks like a LED bar to me. I suspect the color indicates it's state. That said, this is the slightly better 48A option and not the free one. (21 miles/hour vs 30 miles/hour).

Free one is in this article: https://electrek.co/2019/11/18/ford-mustang-mach-e-home-charging-on-par-with-tesla/
And hurrah it's a blue LED when charging. I hate red/green LED switches. Can't see the things change.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Remember to factor in the (US) 30% federal tax credit for installing a charger in 2020 too. Expires end of this year.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
I will say, I hate how the "first real world photos" of things always end up looking like they were shot with a 2006 flip phone.
Sorry - just paid off the contract last week. Getting a new phone soon.
Sponsored