Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid LE sedan
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
Sorry - just paid off the contract last week. Getting a new phone soon.
For the best photos, use a real digital camera, such as Canon, Olympus, Sony , or others that have better optical lenses than the tiny plastic ones in cellphones.
Sponsored

cjljr41

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-e Premium 4X, '23 Escape Platinum Hybrid
Country flag
Wondering if this is hard-wired to the house, or does it plug into a 240V outlet.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
OP
OP
jdmrc93

jdmrc93

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition in Grabber Blue
Occupation
IT Network Engineer
Country flag
For the best photos, use a real digital camera, such as Canon, Olympus, Sony , or others that have better optical lenses than the tiny plastic ones in cellphones.
My iPhone 11 Pro camera could run laps around most digital cameras, unless we’re getting into DSLR ?

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
My iPhone 11 Pro camera could run laps around most digital cameras, unless we’re getting into DSLR ?
Ditto. And I do have two Canon DSLR's that since my iPhone 11 are gathering dust unless I have a very specific idea of what I want to shoot that the lenses I need are only on those cameras.

The best camera is always the one you have with you, and I don't carry those DSLR's around.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
The best camera is always the one you have with you, and I don't carry those DSLR's around.
my original post was a joke (the "paying off the contract after 14 years" should have been a hint ;)) but that said, I used to own a DSLR myself (Sony A300 - Sony is grossly underrated in the DSLR community) but traded it in after it sat for over 2 years unused because I never had it with me.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

FPLiptak

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Hard wired
Hard Wired and REQUIRES a 60 amp circuit to deliver the 48 amps to the car. I'm not sure what size wire is required but I currently have an AeroVironment 32 Amp charger on a 50 amp circuit and I'm pretty sure I will just use the current charger. The garage does have a second 50 amp circuit that but again the 48 amp delivery system requires a 60 amp circuit breaker.

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
Hard Wired and REQUIRES a 60 amp circuit to deliver the 48 amps to the car. I'm not sure what size wire is required but I currently have an AeroVironment 32 Amp charger on a 50 amp circuit and I'm pretty sure I will just use the current charger. The garage does have a second 50 amp circuit that but again the 48 amp delivery system requires a 60 amp circuit breaker.
Unless you have a 100% rated circuit breaker, in which case you could do 50 amp. That said, those are larger, and primarily industrial rated, not residential... So only applicable if at a business with a panel that supports that type of breaker...

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
my original post was a joke (the "paying off the contract after 14 years" should have been a hint ;)) but that said, I used to own a DSLR myself (Sony A300 - Sony is grossly underrated in the DSLR community) but traded it in after it sat for over 2 years unused because I never had it with me.
Oh, I knew it was a joke.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
From my research before, I figured it would take 4 gauge wire, that is twice the price of the 6 gauge I bought for the 50 amp breaker. I decided to go with the Grizzl-E 40 amp and the 50 amp breaker instead saving half the cost on wire and the unit.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Oh, I knew it was a joke.
Yeah sorry that particular part wasn't directed at you ?. The quote was to agree with your "with you" comment. ?

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Yeah sorry that particular part wasn't directed at you ?. The quote was to agree with your "with you" comment. ?
BTW, Sony does make a great camera, but I still think Canon makes the best glass. And when you already have an investment in glass, hard to switch too. And I usually don’t sit out on the porch with my DSLR, but I do have my iPhone 11.

DD060A09-D95A-4A48-BDC0-EDC7E1FA9B3D.jpeg

Gilles

First Name
Gilles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Volt with Mach-e on order
Country flag
You failed to read the page that I sent, such as:
The intelligent features extend from personal to online connectivity, with Bluetooth & Wi-Fi capability. Your Ford Connected Charge Station can stay up-to-date with the latest technology via automatic over-the-air updates.
The one without data connectivity is free with the purchase of the car.
I am not sure how much connectivity the charge station needs? I would expect the car to provide that function. I currently own a Volt and can program the charging from the car or from the MyChevrolet app on my phone. Recently, I saw an interesting offering from SunCountry (in Canada) that allows you to share the circuit from your clothes dryer and the EV charger. I could use that as I did not have an extra 40 amps circuit at our house and had to install a 25 amps charger (on a 30 amps circuit).
https://suncountryhighway.ca/store/NeoCharge-Appliance-EV-Smart-Splitter-p232995616
I expect to continue using the 25 amps charger as it will be sufficient for most of my driving. When I need a faster charge, I can go to a DC fast charge that's less than 1 km from my house.