DBC

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt ELR
Country flag
There is also the price. My R1T configuration was $90,000. Personally I think it is worth that price, but my wife... not so much. Also I need a new vehicle and really can't wait another year or two for Rivian to add the opening roof and for real world testing of the 400+ mile version and how far it will really go on the highway. That said, it is still on my list as well, just much further down the road now that I have ordered the MME.
Yes, all those things. Also it won't hurt to see how how the vehicles hold together and how Rivian handles service and so forth before making the plunge. I think you made a good choice to go with the MME. Unsurprising of course since it's the choice I made. Why wouldn't I think it was a good one? ;)

If you are interested in off-roading there will also be the Hummer. As the physical embodiment of an oxymoron, the Hummer makes me laugh. (And no chance it would fit in my garage).
Sponsored

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I'm still uncertain about the Rivian service network (Tesla model -- you call for service). I would rather have a network of dealer service centers around the country to rely on.

That's also why I think I'll reserve a Lightning Wednesday.

OP
OP
mkhuffman

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
I'm still uncertain about the Rivian service network (Tesla model -- you call for service). I would rather have a network of dealer service centers around the country to rely on.

That's also why I think I'll reserve a Lightning Wednesday.
I hope the Lightning is designed for off road fun, like the Rivian and Hummer. Except for charging issues, BEVs are ideal for that use case. I am very interested to see how Ford has positioned it and will be watching the reveal on Wednesday. With two recent home runs, the MME and Bronco, my expectations are high...

By the way, with the massive Ford investment in Rivian, there could be some sharing of service centers.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
OP
OP