David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda CRV, Toyota Siena, BMW I3, MachE GT
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
Thanks for the write-up. Great info. Sounds like a Sam's club membership would go well with the MachE. Groupon has a current deal for 25 bucks.
Sponsored

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Thanks for the write-up. Great info. Sounds like a Sam's club membership would go well with the MachE. Groupon has a current deal for 25 bucks.
Lots of EA stations are at Walmarts, though. No membership required of course.

OP
OP

fallguy

First Name
fallguy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender, 1968 Mustang, 2021 Mach-E GT
Occupation
Federal
Country flag
Just out of curiosity, (I have a road trip coming up) did you use the EA 350 plugs? My initial experience has been that they havenā€™t worked for me but the 150ā€™s have been ok.
I used both. I know our cars can't handle the 350, but still wanted to try it. I took some pics, but a lot of glare on the screen. Attached is a pic during charging on a 350. Oddly enough, I've seen exactly 3 Mach-E's on the road since we bought it 2 months ago. One at a Sam's charger. Exactly like mine, looks to be FE with red calipers, same paint etc.

Other pic on a 150 is significantly slower. Not saying it will always be like that. Was in my experience.
Ford Mustang Mach-E First road trip 1,000+ miles, new EV user thoughts 20210414_150259
Ford Mustang Mach-E First road trip 1,000+ miles, new EV user thoughts 20210411_112313

back_at_it_19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Job 1 GB FE and '22 Red Prem4x
Country flag
I used both. I know our cars can't handle the 350, but still wanted to try it. I took some pics, but a lot of glare on the screen. Attached is a pic during charging on a 350. Oddly enough, I've seen exactly 3 Mach-E's on the road since we bought it 2 months ago. One at a Sam's charger. Exactly like mine, looks to be FE with red calipers, same paint etc.

Other pic on a 150 is significantly slower. Not saying it will always be like that. Was in my experience.
Ford Mustang Mach-E First road trip 1,000+ miles, new EV user thoughts 20210411_112313
Anyone else having issues at 350kw stations? They will only reach maybe 35kw for the MME. Iā€™ve tried 3 chargers all at the same location over a few weeks. 150kw stations work great.

back_at_it_19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Job 1 GB FE and '22 Red Prem4x
Country flag
Just out of curiosity, (I have a road trip coming up) did you use the EA 350 plugs? My initial experience has been that they havenā€™t worked for me but the 150ā€™s have been ok.
Anyone else having issues at 350kw stations? They will only reach maybe 35kw for the MME. Iā€™ve tried 3 chargers all at the same location over a few weeks. 150kw stations work great.

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
I really appreciated reading this! I have mine on order (which looks a lot like yours!) and it's going to be my first EV as well. Having (seemingly) heard nothing but horror stories about the FordPass charging on EA, I'm *really* glad to see it all worked well for you. Now if I could just get a manufacture date, I'll be set!

I hope you keep enjoying it! Quick question--given your son's position in the back, does he ever complain about sun glare coming in through the glass roof, or does the tinting dim it enough that he doesn't mind?
Real-time follow-upā€¦now that Iā€™ve had my Mach-E for a few months and taken anywhere between one and three kids in the back seat places at any given time, the sun issue is not an issue at all. 100% kid-approved regarding glare/light, even with the sun directly overhead. The Mach-E glass roof is pretty damned amazing.

FLmac

First Name
McKenna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 premium AWD SR space white
Occupation
RV Sales
Country flag
I think I used one last week on my trip. I have the standard battery which I guess charges slower and it worked but I didnā€™t see any difference in speeds.

FLmac

First Name
McKenna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 premium AWD SR space white
Occupation
RV Sales
Country flag
Real-time follow-upā€¦now that Iā€™ve had my Mach-E for a few months and taken anywhere between one and three kids in the back seat places at any given time, the sun issue is not an issue at all. 100% kid-approved regarding glare/light, even with the sun directly overhead. The Mach-E glass roof is pretty damned amazing.
I donā€™t have kids or Anyone in the backseat, but it was in the mid 80s today and I was parked in full sun. I have a space white with gray interior and used to have a darker blue car with black interior. My MME seemed cooler when I got in after 8 hours of work today.
Sponsored