First Road Trip

VaderMachE

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Hybrid, Mustang Mach E! (Shadow Black)
Occupation
Supervisor
Country flag
Took my very new MME on it's first road trip here in Ohio to visit family. I'd only been able to commute prior to this, so there was only 89 miles on the clock. Charged to 100% in my garage and hit the road yesterday. This vehicle is an absolute pleasure to drive! Seats are comfortable, handling is on point. My passengers and I enjoyed the stereo system, and the all glass roof.

I knew the trip would require one stop for charging, and I located an EA fast charger on the turnpike. I grabbed 100 miles in 13 minutes!

I'll backtrack and tell you that my family members were just over the moon excited about the vehicle. Loads of questions about the MME and nothing but high praise for styling and features. I enjoyed showing all of the bells whistles, as well as answering every question. It was nice to explain what these vehicles are all about and further educating people.

I look forward to more fun travels, gawking from fellow drivers, and even thumbs up from Mustang drivers. Excellent first run and another 300 miles added.?

IMG_20210718_191202959_HDR.jpg
Sponsored

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
Took my very new MME on it's first road trip here in Ohio to visit family. I'd only been able to commute prior to this, so there was only 89 miles on the clock. Charged to 100% in my garage and hit the road yesterday. This vehicle is an absolute pleasure to drive! Seats are comfortable, handling is on point. My passengers and I enjoyed the stereo system, and the all glass roof.

I knew the trip would require one stop for charging, and I located an EA fast charger on the turnpike. I grabbed 100 miles in 13 minutes!

I'll backtrack and tell you that my family members were just over the moon excited about the vehicle. Loads of questions about the MME and nothing but high praise for styling and features. I enjoyed showing all of the bells whistles, as well as answering every question. It was nice to explain what these vehicles are all about and further educating people.

I look forward to more fun travels, gawking from fellow drivers, and even thumbs up from Mustang drivers. Excellent first run and another 300 miles added.?

Ford Mustang Mach-E First Road Trip IMG_20210718_191202959_HDR
Congrats on your first road trip! My first is coming up in August. I was wondering if you had Plug and Charge activated and did it work as expected?

OP
OP
VaderMachE

VaderMachE

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Supervisor
Country flag
Congrats on your first road trip! My first is coming up in August. I was wondering if you had Plug and Charge activated and did it work as expected?
I've not been able to get it to set up, even following the excellent tutorial on here. I have EA's app on my phone and that worked flawlessly.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

Wow 13 minutes what did you guys do for all that time? Must of cost a fortune. ;) Good to hear another that thinks this is a pleasure to drive. Ford does not need salesmen with us around. Also out trying to convert family and others. Pretty easy sell when you show up in this car but the cost and scare (change) factor need work. The later we can help with. The cost not sure if salesmen (and now Ford) are anymore? The 45 is coming out soon also. I know when I let them drive it something clicks.

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
I've not been able to get it to set up, even following the excellent tutorial on here. I have EA's app on my phone and that worked flawlessly.
I had a hard time getting it activated but I think it’s ready now? Want to use the free charging for the first road trip!

Dictate

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Retried
Country flag
Newbie Question for 1st Road Trip.... Thank you in advance for your help!
When charging at a DC Fast Charger, the outside temp was near 100 degrees. Can my wife and two large dogs sit in the car with the A/C turned on while charging? Want to keep them cool and this DC Charging location did not have a place where wife and dogs could go to avoid the heat outside.

OP
OP
VaderMachE

VaderMachE

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Supervisor
Country flag
When charging at a DC Fast Charger, the outside temp was near 100 degrees. Can my wife and two large dogs sit in the car with the A/C turned on while charging? Want to keep them cool and this DC Charging location did not have a place where wife and dogs could go to avoid the heat outside.
I wondered about things like this as well and did a Google search. It states that when you get to the charger, you are to turn the vehicle off. Once you have charging set, you should be able to turn on auxiliary...just not actually start the vehicle. If I'm wrong, I'm sure a more knowledgeable person will step up. It's all new to me as well.??

DeeS

First Name
Darrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E
Country flag
When plugged in and charging press brake pedal and start button like starting the car and it will have full AC and accessories on… if you just press start, accessory features like radio and fan are on but AC does not engage

Mr.Doug

First Name
Mr.Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E -Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
I have nicknamed
I have nicknamed it "Plug & Stress" I have had numerous problems with it.. I just plug and swipe card and avoid any problems.. My wife has Tesla and she pulls into Supercharger and BAM, very streamlined with no worries..
Sponsored