Christina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 Toyota Highlander
Occupation
Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Country flag
Did you purchase the Thule T2 Pro XT Rack 1.25" or 2"?
Sponsored

Abcdang

First Name
Alexis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, Forester XT
Country flag
any concerns with the 200lb limit on the curt? with a rack and 4 bikes, that can be more than that. does the curt have a slight up angle on the receiver like the torklift?

OP
OP
ConejoRed

ConejoRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CA Route 1 Mach-E, Chevrolet Volt
Country flag
any concerns with the 200lb limit on the curt? with a rack and 4 bikes, that can be more than that. does the curt have a slight up angle on the receiver like the torklift?
We only have a two-bike rack so not concerned with the 200lb limit. If we had a larger rack, may have needed a different hitch. If anything the hitch has a slight downward angle to it. This picture's perspective is a bit off and it is not really as dramatic as this looks, but definitely not a up angle.

Ford Mustang Mach-E First roadtrip with Curt hitch and Thule T2 Pro XT bike rack IMG_1077

KDub

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E CA Route 1
Country flag
Took our first road trip after installing a Curt hitch with a Thule T2 Pro XT Rack. 300 miles RT of mostly freeway driving. Kwh average for the entire trip ended up being 3.7 so did not see any big drop in range. Decided on the Curt Hitch since it sticks out a bit and afforded plenty of clearance without any type of extender needed.

Ford Mustang Mach-E First roadtrip with Curt hitch and Thule T2 Pro XT bike rack IMG_1077
I am thinking about the Curt as well. You mentioned that it sticks out a bit, do you mind sending a photo or two of how it looks without the rack on? Basically the back of your CA RT1 (I've got the same trim and color ??). Thanks.

Coweye

First Name
Edwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach e Premium extended battery AWD.
Occupation
Retired
Our kick to open doesn’t work after our hitch install.

WJD

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I am thinking about the Curt as well. You mentioned that it sticks out a bit, do you mind sending a photo or two of how it looks without the rack on? Basically the back of your CA RT1 (I've got the same trim and color ??). Thanks.
I just had the Curt installed on my Mach-E and the hands free tailgate works. I had it installed at U Haul and they said it was easy to install. I bought it at etrailer.com.

KDub

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E CA Route 1
Country flag
Thought I'd post photos of the Curt tow hitch as well to give others an idea of how it looks. Although it does extend out further than the EcoHitch, that hitch was more expensive and required removing the bumper according to the place I went. I also didn't want to get an extender which is required for the 1Up bike rack based on other threads.

PXL_20220324_221429973~2.jpg

PXL_20220324_221506372~2.jpg

PXL_20220324_221607483~2.jpg

PXL_20220324_221624039.MP.jpg

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Although it does extend out further than the EcoHitch, that hitch was more expensive and required removing the bumper according to the place I went.
That place is incorrect. I installed the EcoHitch myself and did not need to remove the bumper.

Dolfanrich13

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Wrangler 4xe
Country flag
Is there a rack out there that can be installed and left on while still being able to open the back gate and not cover license plate?

oadesign

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oaddesign.com
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium Extended Range RWD
Occupation
Interactive Design Director
Country flag
I just had the Curt installed on my Mach-E and the hands free tailgate works. I had it installed at U Haul and they said it was easy to install. I bought it at etrailer.com.
Mine, after Curt hitch installation, unfortunately does not work any longer. Damn!

JeffGo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium AWD ext range
Country flag
Mine, after Curt hitch installation, unfortunately does not work any longer. Damn!
What if you kick to the left side of the license plate? That's where the sensor is.

zackary_b

First Name
Zackary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach E
Country flag
Took our first road trip after installing a Curt hitch with a Thule T2 Pro XT Rack. 300 miles RT of mostly freeway driving. Kwh average for the entire trip ended up being 3.7 so did not see any big drop in range. Decided on the Curt Hitch since it sticks out a bit and afforded plenty of clearance without any type of extender needed.

Ford Mustang Mach-E First roadtrip with Curt hitch and Thule T2 Pro XT bike rack FullSizeRender
Ford Mustang Mach-E First roadtrip with Curt hitch and Thule T2 Pro XT bike rack FullSizeRender
Do you have any pictures with the rack up and no bikes?

oadesign

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oaddesign.com
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium Extended Range RWD
Occupation
Interactive Design Director
Country flag
What if you kick to the left side of the license plate? That's where the sensor is.
I’ve tried both sides, and got it to trigger from the right side of the hitch after about 10 kicks! Not very usable…

krazieboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag
Rack Attack in Santa Monica did the install for us. Would recommend them for anyone in the Los Angeles area.
how much did they charge?
Sponsored