First scar from hit-and-run

alexgorod

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Job 2 MME Premium SR AWD (21 CR-V - wife's)
Occupation
DBA
Country flag
At least my pride was damaged more than my car... And my pride will heal...

Ford Mustang Mach-E First scar from hit-and-run run

from dash cam
Sponsored

ripperAZ

First Name
Ripper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ice White Mustang Mach E AWD EX BATT
Country flag
The Pontiac GS driver appears to hit everything but the road. Likely uninsured indigent and perhaps illiterate. Driving a demolition derby contender…
Jes sayin. You’re probably lucky he did not take a shot at you.

I’m assuming that’s the offender if not my apologies to the piece of crap Pontiac

OP
OP
alexgorod

alexgorod

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Job 2 MME Premium SR AWD (21 CR-V - wife's)
Occupation
DBA
Country flag
The Pontiac GS driver appears to hit everything but the road. Likely uninsured indigent and perhaps illiterate. Driving a demolition derby contender…

I’m assuming that’s the offender if not my apologies to the piece of crap Pontiac
She. Yes, I think I was lucky, she actually slowed down, did not hit me at full speed. I noticed this car before, she drove pretty fast and did not straight in the lane. Still I don't think I could do differently, maybe only move to the right lane at the traffic light and let he hit an electric Porche that was in front of me :)
Ford Mustang Mach-E First scar from hit-and-run 1665334665938

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I've heard of a crazy story by a co-worker here in Florida. He said the car/person hit them and stopped but did not exchange insurance or DLs info. The car speed off and he went to the police to report it as a hit and run and they said it wasn't. The person did stop technically... and the police were going to do nothing about it.

Damage was minor but it's the annoyance of having to use your own insurance with no way to pursue the other person.

EDIT: And don't get me started on pawn shops here. If you get your stuff stolen and it's sold to a pawn shop you often have to buy it back unless you can a police officer who will take time out of their schedule to go through formal procedures to retrieve your stolen goods back without payment.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I've heard of a crazy story by a co-worker here in Florida. He said the car/person hit them and stopped but did not exchange insurance or DLs info. The car speed off and he went to the police to report it as a hit and run and they said it wasn't. The person did stop technically... and the police were going to do nothing about it.

Damage was minor but it's the annoyance of having to use your own insurance with no way to pursue the other person.

EDIT: And don't get me started on pawn shops here. If you get your stuff stolen and it's sold to a pawn shop you often have to buy it back unless you can a police officer who will take time out of their schedule to go through formal procedures to retrieve your stolen goods back without payment.
Floriduh. End of story.

kindofblue

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mach e Premium 11/5/22, '23 BMW i4 40
Occupation
Psychologist & developer of digital tools for alcohol misuse
Country flag

More likely a drunk or distracted driver.

UsernameChecksOut

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Evo X, 2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
Oof. Sorry this happened to you! I’d be mad af… more so from her running. Also good you didn’t get hit while she’s trying to drive away with you out of the car!

Stuff like this makes me want to pick up dashcams too.

Please update us on what the police do!

Monke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag
Hope you will be able to go to the police in Michigan and hope that they will do something. My friend got a jaywalking ticket in Traverse City. You might be in luck.

Once my truck was rear ended and the other party gave expired insurance information to the police. My claim was denied so I called PD to report the other driver driving without insurance. Name and address of another driver were listed on the police report. I was told they would not do anything and I would have to call my insurance.

Last edited: