Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
There’s other hints of impending CCS with job postings such as this:

https://www.tesla.com/careers/search/job/interoperability-lead-169264

What to Expect
Tesla’s Global Charging team is looking for a highly motivated technical leader to manage programs focused on supporting non-Tesla charging and interoperability. The Interoperability Lead will work across many different groups within Tesla to drive key programs expanding charging access for non-Tesla vehicles in new markets and improve the charging user experience. You will work most closely with engineering teams supporting interactions and compatibility with 3rd-party vehicles, infrastructure, and service providers, while also coordinating across non-technical teams for launch activities and due diligence. You will track, own, and drive improvement of key performance indicators, ensure smooth execution, and reduce risks. This role requires a strong and dedicated team player with a technical background in product development, attention to detail, and excellent communication.

Expected Compensation
$88,000 - $300,000/annual salary + cash and stock awards + benefits
Sponsored

superdave80

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Select SR RWD
Country flag
That’s literally what I just said. I’m so confused.
That's not literally what you just said:
"if you don’t return it you get charged for it or something like that"
Implying that it is a loose adapter that could be taken.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
That's not literally what you just said:
"if you don’t return it you get charged for it or something like that"
Implying that it is a loose adapter that could be taken.
Not what I was referring to, I was referring to the retrofitting which I was told wasn't possible then the poster I was talking/brainstorming with said it would need to be retrofitted after all. This is all just a casual conversation and I've already explained to Gullwing that we are on the same page, it's just our different styles of communicating through text on here, which can be difficult to ascertain actual meaning and intent.

kindofblue

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mach e Premium 11/5/22, '23 BMW i4 40
Occupation
Psychologist & developer of digital tools for alcohol misuse
Country flag
The Tesla desination (L2) EVSEs I've used have very long cables. Gotta be at least 3x-4x longer than those short SC cables.
The longer, thinner cable is because the destination chargers are level 2 not level3 so they're not putting out a fraction of the amps.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The longer, thinner cable is because the destination chargers are level 2 not level3 so they're not putting out a fraction of the amps.
Yes. He was talking about the Tesla L2's he uses having short cables too though.

dmac1418

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E '23 Premium SR RWD
Country flag
Yes. He was talking about the Tesla L2's he uses having short cables too though.
Previous gen Tesla home wall connectors had the option of 8.5ft or 18ft charging cables. I imagine it is/was similar for Destination Chargers.