George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME4 select space white
Occupation
PT
Country flag
From home(NELA) that’s local vernacular for north east Los Angeles near the Rose Bowl,north to Carpenteria Ca (just so of Santa Barbara ) navig tells me 3 routes; shortest is 87mi HWY 134 to HWY 101 ( high traffic density),2 other route options are 101&103 miles (1 is route I usually drive b/c less traffic density). For people not familiar w/ is prob 60% 5 lane freeway & 40% 2-3 lane highway to coast line. Two fairly steep inclines & the Santa Ana Winds were blowing ( +/- 40mph,there real & have been for a long time,maybe worse now) so I choose the short route,battery @ 100%/218 mile estimate on GOM,drove in engaged,2 pedal,traction control off & radio on. Was 8a.m. 68deg,no traffic but WINDY. Got to destination w/ 68% SOC,drove a few miles while there and later chose to drive same route back w/ GOM @ 131 miles,again windy,high density traffic now & 30min added to travel time. Well made it home SOC@14%/33miles. At last 2/3rds of trip was very slow stop/go was getting little worried re charge so changed to 1 pedal drive for the for sure regeneration & I think it helped. So GOM was close for empg. Trip north/west @ 3.2kWh(w/ Santa Ana’s),trip south @ 2.6kWh(against winds,& increase travel time). That was a fun exercise & taught me a few things to plan for in future trips.I had checked for charging sites beforehand just in case. I did’nt say it but So Cal is a beautiful place in the winter.
Sponsored

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
1PD should help with the stop-and-go for sure. I'm sure SoCal is nice in the winter but in NJ we have.. well.. sometimes.. never mind. NJ sucks. ?