macgyver60

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD Ext Range
Country flag
Like most people i have occasional times when PAAK does not work and I have to use the entry and start up codes to get going since I don't usually carry the key fob when close to home. Today something new happened. Despite the car unlocking and Apple Car Play recognizing the phone the car said "key not detected" and the option to enter the start code came up on the screen but the virtual keyboard wasn't available to enter the code. I tapped around a few times but nothing and then the car alarm start blaring. So I got out of the car and tapped the entry code which stopped the alarm but when I got back in still no keyboard. I shut the car down and got out and back in but still no keyboard. Finally I did a hard reset on the center screen and that worked. It still did not recognize the PAAK but at least the keyboard came up and I could enter the start code. Anyone else ever had this happen? This is why I always take the key fob if going more than 10 miles
Sponsored

2FlyMache

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Ex4 MachE
Country flag
I've had a couple instances of that, usually just turn off car and exit. Give it a couple of minutes to boot off and they try again. Has worked everytime for me so far

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
This level of reliability would get my high schooler an F on a homework assignment in his computer science class.

if Start and key not present, then show passcode entry screen. How can that be screwed up?

Deleted member 3569

What I do is to open the FordPass as I approach the car, then I press the Unlock button, regardless whether the car is unlocked or not ... this usually latches my phone to the vehicle and PAAK works.
If you have courtesy light feature activated, then every time you approach the car the lights will light up to welcome. If your car is locked then the pony will also be projected on the gorund by the door.

Flint302

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium AWD, 2016 Audi A3
Occupation
Retired government
Country flag
Happened twice to me in last two weeks--also, wife's phone lost it, too. Since Ford only supplied me with one key fob--wrote to Ford to ask about sending a second one and was summarily denied--I'm looking for the cheapest way to get a second fob.

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
Happened twice to me in last two weeks--also, wife's phone lost it, too. Since Ford only supplied me with one key fob--wrote to Ford to ask about sending a second one and was summarily denied--I'm looking for the cheapest way to get a second fob.
I used eBay. $26.

MustThee?

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach Premium E
I bought a Ford Mustang one from carandtruckremotes.com for $80 and had the dealer program it for $100 when the car was in the shop for the glass recall. Service Advisor said he can’t guarantee it will be successful since I didn’t buy it from ford directly but there was no issue.

OP
OP
macgyver60

macgyver60

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD Ext Range
Country flag
its happened a bunch of times to me. Im used to that already but the pass code always worked before as a backup. Shutting off the car and getting out resets a lot of things but that didn’t work either this time. I has to use the volume down next track button combo to reset the center screen and that finally did it

dreKion

First Name
Alfonso
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD ER+
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Like most people i have occasional times when PAAK does not work and I have to use the entry and start up codes to get going since I don't usually carry the key fob when close to home. Today something new happened. Despite the car unlocking and Apple Car Play recognizing the phone the car said "key not detected" and the option to enter the start code came up on the screen but the virtual keyboard wasn't available to enter the code. I tapped around a few times but nothing and then the car alarm start blaring. So I got out of the car and tapped the entry code which stopped the alarm but when I got back in still no keyboard. I shut the car down and got out and back in but still no keyboard. Finally I did a hard reset on the center screen and that worked. It still did not recognize the PAAK but at least the keyboard came up and I could enter the start code. Anyone else ever had this happen? This is why I always take the key fob if going more than 10 miles
It happens to me from time to time.

To be able to start, I enter the code of the door and without closing it I enter the code of the screen and I get to start.

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
Who programmed it for you and if you don’t mind me asking how much did you pay?
Oh. My car came with two keys, so I can program it myself. I understand that doesn’t work if you only have one key to start with .

Larry Paul

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME-GTPE, Sunbeam Tiger w1970 Boss302, 2002Rav4EV
Country flag
PAAK has now failed me 4x in the first month of ownership. My wife and I both use a key fob for 100% of our driving…but I notice that my app says “setup phone as a key” and the buttons are gone or grey’d out.

I just did a reset and setup both phones on Friday…but the phone went back to “setup phone as a key” again yesterday.

I am waiting for a PAAK update before I try it again.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
When this happens I restart the FordPass app and it all works again

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
PAAK has now failed me 4x in the first month of ownership. My wife and I both use a key fob for 100% of our driving…but I notice that my app says “setup phone as a key” and the buttons are gone or grey’d out.

I just did a reset and setup both phones on Friday…but the phone went back to “setup phone as a key” again yesterday.

I am waiting for a PAAK update before I try it again.
That’s a bug in the latest release, force quit the FordPass app and your PAAK features will come back