JDTears

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
I got my Mach-E about two weeks ago (RWD extended range), and just used it for short jaunts around town so never got a sense of real efficiency. Finally yesterday I spend three hours on the road for ~80 miles in "real life" conditions, and the results are pretty promising:

Of course this comes with some conditions:
  • I live in the LA area, and it was unusually warm this weekend, very dry with temps ranging from upper 80s to low 90s. I realize these are totally ideal conditions for an EV.
  • I had a decent mix of sustained highway speeds of 65+ and heavy traffic, typical for the LA area. Probably a good mix of unfettered freeways and traffic I'd see on a normal basis.
  • I had the AC on the whole time set to 72, which probably would mirror real life conditions for about 8 months of the year.
Final tally, 3.7 mi/kWh, so estimated ~325 miles of range under ordinary conditions. Really good result considering the set of conditions. I'd expect a drop for highway road trip, and an increase for heavier traffic days (have to convince myself now that traffic is my friend for my EV, really helps the recharge).

Would be interested in hearing others experiences as well.
Sponsored

monolith10101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt Premier
Country flag
Sounds like we were up to similar things this weekend. We took our new CA Rt 1 out to Palos Verdes and the surrounding area, which ended up being about 80 miles round trip, with a slight bias toward freeway driving, and a decent amount of hills. We kept the AC at 68 (65 for a while after getting back in the car after it sat in the sun for an hour or so), and drove with traffic - 68-77 or so.

We ended up with 3.9 miles/kWh for the trip. I’m very impressed with this car’s efficiency so far.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
There are other threads on this, but on my commute in 60-70 degree weather I am seeing 3.7 mi/kwh. I average about 50 mph, and that includes roughly 50% at 70mph on the turnpike and the rest back roads.

2 weekends ago I did a 2 hour all highway run (no stops, but speed limits from 55 to 70) averaging 67mph in 65-70 degree weather and got 3.4 mi/kwh in my Route 1. The tripmeter doesn't show that increment (it kept bouncing between 3.3 and 3.5); I had to do the math with the battery percentage used and distance to arrive at that number.

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue.....GOT IT!
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
This weekend I drove from Bakersfield to Ling beach round trip on Saturday going to the exact same place. Round trip is roughly 270 miles.

on both round trips navigation sent me 4 different ways. I assume that was due to various tragic. I have had my FE for about 6 weeks and 6800 miles. The sweet spot I found to be 75MPH. I have had zero updates and I charge to 100% as I do the LA drive quite frequently. My wife has a MME premium set up like the FE. She has had one update.

prior to this weekend the highest that I could charge at home was 240-250. As of tonight I am at 280. I drive home from work which is 10 miles in 85 degree weather and when I turned my car off the front vents were open and the fan was on. This was the first time that I have seen the front vents open. I did get a message on my Ford pass app that my car needs service at 10,000 miles for

tire rotation
Tire pressure check
Fluid check
Ball joint check

I thought everything was a sealed system.

as for driving throughout LA there are EA stations everywhere. My ONLY gripe was that I was at one in NOHO, North Hollywood, and all they had were 150. I was charging at roughly 84 with 20% battery and the Audi e tron was at roughly the same 20% but was charging at 144. I was pissed. So I charged just enough to get to Castaic where there are at least 4 350s.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
This weekend I drove from Bakersfield to Ling beach round trip on Saturday going to the exact same place. Round trip is roughly 270 miles.

on both round trips navigation sent me 4 different ways. I assume that was due to various tragic. I have had my FE for about 6 weeks and 6800 miles. The sweet spot I found to be 75MPH. I have had zero updates and I charge to 100% as I do the LA drive quite frequently. My wife has a MME premium set up like the FE. She has had one update.

prior to this weekend the highest that I could charge at home was 240-250. As of tonight I am at 280. I drive home from work which is 10 miles in 85 degree weather and when I turned my car off the front vents were open and the fan was on. This was the first time that I have seen the front vents open. I did get a message on my Ford pass app that my car needs service at 10,000 miles for

tire rotation
Tire pressure check
Fluid check
Ball joint check

I thought everything was a sealed system.

as for driving throughout LA there are EA stations everywhere. My ONLY gripe was that I was at one in NOHO, North Hollywood, and all they had were 150. I was charging at roughly 84 with 20% battery and the Audi e tron was at roughly the same 20% but was charging at 144. I was pissed. So I charged just enough to get to Castaic where there are at least 4 350s.
This is the time of the year when I used to start questioning my sanity for living in the San Joaquin Valley (I knew I was crazy around August every year). You’re going to be getting really proficient at managing the MME in furnace like conditions.

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue.....GOT IT!
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
This is the time of the year when I used to start questioning my sanity for living in the San Joaquin Valley (I knew I was crazy around August every year). You’re going to be getting really proficient at managing the MME in furnace like conditions.
What is funny is that I was always stressing about my gas bill. With that gone now I don’t care. The MME is soooo much more comfortable than any other car that I have ever owned. I sleep in the passengers seat of my wife’s when she drives. What is really crazy is what people say to us.

mine is grabber blue

hers is star white with near white interior.

guys live mine for the color and say that it looks like a true mustang.

hers they say looks so elegant and classy. It reeks of class and status.

same car different colors. It is truly amazing. And EXTREMELY consistent.
Sponsored