Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
I have a question for GT owners.

With two fobs, is one a primary for setting up the Paak or are both equal?
Equal.

You can tell the car which is which for 2 drivers with different settings and profiles.
Sponsored

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
Iā€™m also in PA and it has been pretty cold this week. I ordered my winter tires for my GTPE today. Hopefully they donā€™t take too long. Should I also order new rims? I actually love the OEM rims.
I plan on getting rims too. It saves the salt from eating the factory rims and I donā€™t have to pay $100+ each season to swap them. I can do it myself

OP
OP
shoopla

shoopla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME GTPE, '16 Volvo S60 CrossCountry, '16 XC60
Occupation
Proj Engineer
Country flag
Iā€™m also in PA and it has been pretty cold this week. I ordered my winter tires for my GTPE today. Hopefully they donā€™t take too long. Should I also order new rims? I actually love the OEM rims.
I love the rims too, which is why if I were getting winter specific tires for the GTPE I'd get a cheaper set of rims and leave the snow tires on those, then easy swap back and forth plus won't risk damaging the OEM rims. It's what I've been doing the past 6 years with my other car and it's worked out great. Does/will it look as pretty in the winter? No, but once the real winter sets in all our cars will be a nice salty white and brown anyway. Of course the 3rd option is to get all season tires to keep on all year, but then you're sacrificing a little bit all year round. All a personal and budget choice.
And yeah, the cold has arrived in PA tonight.

Todd

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
EV6 GT
Country flag
Congrats. Can't wait to get mine, just got my VIN. :)

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Its non-refundable so I would not get it anyway
Only if you have zero tax liability for the year.

Non-refundable is a confusing term. It just means you cant pass unused credits to future years.

You CAN get a ā€œtax refundā€ when you do your taxes though if they owe you money back from withholding too much during the year.

You also can do Roth conversions if you have retirement accounts to create $7500 worth of tax liability so you can use the credit.

Now if you are low income and have no investments but somehow just have a bunch of cash to buy the carā€¦ā€¦.. no tax credit for you.

Rfehl62

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE
Occupation
Ford Sales consultant
Country flag
Only if you have zero tax liability for the year.

Non-refundable is a confusing term. It just means you cant pass unused credits to future years.

You CAN get a ā€œtax refundā€ when you do your taxes though if they owe you money back from withholding too much during the year.

You also can do Roth conversions if you have retirement accounts to create $7500 worth of tax liability so you can use the credit.

Now if you are low income and have no investments but somehow just have a bunch of cash to buy the carā€¦ā€¦.. no tax credit for you.
I found out to late to make any real difference with my tax liability. What color is your Mach-E

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I found out to late to make any real difference with my tax liability. What color is your Mach-E
You do have until Dec 31 to do a Roth conversion or sell some non-qualified investments with capital gains.

My GTPE is DMG. Got it a couple weeks ago.

tmblue

First Name
Tory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Audi Q5, 2014 Audi Q5, 1986 IROCZ, Mach-E
Country flag
"
Also, I see the complaints about the top-speed/trap limitations. I say if you want a car to actually drag race every weekend, why would you buy an EV Crossover in the first place?
"

If this helps you sleep at night, but you can't sell a performance EV with shit overheating and thus put a huge bandaid, restricting it's use.

I appreciate your review, but honestly this last bit was pathetic. Not ignoring the Dbag piece.

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mustang Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
I don't know why people are mad the OP called streetlight racers d-bags lol Chances are, if they want to race you on a public road that's shared with families, then they're probably d-bags.
Ford Mustang Mach-E First week with GTPE, it was not over-hyped say-what-dunno

OP
OP
shoopla

shoopla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME GTPE, '16 Volvo S60 CrossCountry, '16 XC60
Occupation
Proj Engineer
Country flag
I don't know why people are mad the OP called streetlight racers d-bags lol Chances are, if they want to race you on a public road that's shared with families, then they're probably d-bags.
Ford Mustang Mach-E First week with GTPE, it was not over-hyped say-what-dunno
I'll correct myself...."sensitive d-bags".

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'll correct myself...."sensitive d-bags".
Ironically you called people racing you d-bags and the poster above called anyone racing a d-bag.

The ā€œanyone racingā€ would include you.

Now all the bags can quietly retreat into our corners.

Cm12

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium
Country flag
I only have a premium AWD but think the passing ability on the highway is excellent. Acceleration is nearly instant. I was coming from a Subaru Outback with a 4 cyl with a blistering 174 HP so I guess itā€™s all relative, however. Compared to a GT500 or something I bet the GTPE isnā€™t as impressive.

Anyone who is unhappy with their GTPE should take it to Carmax - they just gave me $500 less than I paid out the door for my select AWD (hence why I was able to take delivery of the premium AWD I ordered months ago)ā€¦but I still get the tax credit(s). You might actually make several thousand dollars by selling if you really donā€™t like it. Carmax told me that they sell the Mach-Eā€™s they get immediately even at a significant markup from the crazy prices they buy them at.

ahg

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E 4x 2014 Accord V6
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Lucky for me I didn't need a trade-in so was able to hold onto my Volvo S60CC which has it's own set of snow tires & rims for winter in PA. Otherwise I would have considered getting a set of winter tires for the GTPE, or more than likely getting a different trim (non GT) due to the overall risk of someone running into me in a brand new MachE vs a 6 year old Volvo. I never realized how much a difference true snow tires with AWD make on a car until I had the S60.
I drove the GTPE in the rain on Sunday (darn weatherman was wrong again..) without any issues.
Many, many moons ago I went to pick up a rental car at the Vancouver airport. There was me and a guy who was going skiing. They had two cars left one with snow tires and one without. They gave the guy who was going skiing the car with the snow tires. I got the other one - AMC Eagle. Even without snow tires that thing was able to handle snow up to the top of the hood. A friend and I drove it up a powerline access road. He was impressed enough that he went out and bought a 4WD pickup. Based on my experience with the Eagle I don't think that I am going to worry about snow tires on my MME.

Anto

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e GT Performance
Country flag
Picked up my Shadow Black GTPE last Monday, and can honestly say after a week I'm not disappointed about anything, and it was well worth the wait over a non-GT. I used it on my 30mile commute a few times, as well as some longer trips over the weekend.

The pros:
1. The performance in every aspect (acceleration, braking, ride, handling for a car this size, range meeting expectations)
2. Attention and positive comments in any parking lot, even though it's not Cyber Orange. My wife jokingly tells everyone who asks about it that it's $5 for each answer. Many of the most positive comments included "that looks much cooler in real-life than on TV" from pickup truck and "real" Mustang owners.
3. Quality (yeah, it's only been a week, but there aren't parts falling off or any bolts missing unlike some other EVs, no squeaks or rattles, no software issues)
4. Usefulness as an everyday car if needed, at least until the snow arrives. I have a go-anywhere Volvo for when that happens, not worth getting snow tires on the GTPE.
5. Ease & availability of charging (both at home and the number of available charging stations, even in the non-green energy Northeast)
6. Insurance wasn't nearly as painful as expected, at least in this region.
7. The sad faces on D-bags about 3.5s after they tried to race you.

Does it have quirks? Of course., the usual complaints already listed elsewhere:
1. Double pull frunk (I don't plan on opening it that much anyway and better than having it be that way than risk it popping open at 70mph)
2. PAAK has minor connection issues, but I usually always have the fob with me anyway (I don't trust my phone for anything important)

Bluecruise worked as expected (available for about 80% of my commute). I don't need, or want full self-driving. That's something that will never happen, and I buy cars to drive, not to ride. I don't envision even using the BC very often.

Also, I see the complaints about the top-speed/trap limitations. I say if you want a car to actually drag race every weekend, why would you buy an EV Crossover in the first place?
I got a GTPE at the beginning of October one of the first. Very happy about looking comfort handling driving..than I discovered by myself driving it this 5 sec rule..I couldn't belive it..the problem is is not just 5sec full power but even if you push for a couple o turns having some fun and sport driving without floor for 5 sec but 2 or 3 second at the time the car die after 2 turns and is very bad..cancel all the good there are (looking, handling etc..)
Who buys a GT or more like me a GTPE for 70k buy for Performance and you can not have just 2 turns in a row and the car dies is inaceptble like Edmunds says ..IT IS A PERFORMANCE MODEL WHAT IS THE POINT?
Any way Ford was measleading with the marketing of the car didn't mention this at all. If I knew probably I wasn't order one and saved the money for a Tesla Y performance that I never liked and looks like a Fish/Panda mix? handle bad but at least push hard and it is fun.
Very bad for Ford unfair for customer..if Ford wasn't able to make a decent performance ev yet should have waited longer and improve his technology and most of all should have not betrayed his customers.
I just hope that seeing all the complains Ford can act software wise and fix this problem even if will cost them some money in warranty because some battery will go bad but they will have to fix the damage they create to customer like me and many other will find this big problem that will be the major part of people that buy a GTPE becouse you buy for PERFORMANCE!!!!!
Sponsored