trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
Five-Hour Search Converts Longtime Tesla Owner to Mustang Mach-E Owner By Lunchtime

1620327165229.jpg
A collective of several Ford team members from southeast Michigan and Florida were able to locate a Mustang Mach-E for first-time Ford customer Chris Chuong, who was previously a longtime Tesla owner.
With two-thirds of online reservations for Mustang Mach-E being converted to orders, it can be difficult for customers to find an available model at a dealership showroom. However, thanks to the efforts of a group of Ford employees and a helpful Florida-based Ford dealer, the company was able to convert a longtime Tesla driver into a first-time Ford owner between the time it took him to eat breakfast and lunch.

After being awestruck by a red Mach-E about a month ago and seeing positive reviews online, Chris Chuong set his sights on the Mustang Mach-E. Chuong, of Tarpon Springs, Florida, near Tampa Bay, knew he wanted something different after owning six Teslas, but the Ford dealers he contacted only had display models, nothing available for immediate sale.

Undeterred, Chuong reached out for help on twitter. There, he was fortunate to get some quick help from a collective of Ford team members spanning from southeast Michigan to California and Florida who were able to locate a Carbonized Gray Metallic extended range Mach-E at Ford of Clermont. The team included:
  • Todd Rabourn, Field Operations Manager
  • Cayla Whitcomb, Marketing, Sales and Service, Orlando region
  • Richard Brisson, Ford Customer Service, Orlando region
  • Martin Field, Customer Experience
  • Donarius Burr, Marketing, Sales & Service, Orlando region
  • Brad Brownell, Director, Global Contact Centers
Chuong and the Ford team exchanged communications beginning around 7 a.m. and the regional field team led by Todd Rabourn had located the Mach-E for Chuong by lunchtime. So impressed with the effort, as well as online reviews and a previous test drive of another Mach-E, Chuong bought the vehicle sight unseen and took it home a few days later.

1620327195608.jpg
Chuong and family with his Carbonized Gray Metallic extended range Mach-E.
Chuong is among 70 percent of Mach-E customers who are new to the Ford brand. The extra effort, outlined in the Ford+ plan, such as treating customers like family, was a big factor in his decision to buy the electric pony car.
“We should always be thinking about how we can offer exceptional customer service as part of our everyday roles,” Rabourn said. “Amazing, must-have products like the Mustang Mach-E are only part of the equation. We have to go the extra mile for customers to keep Ford on the right track.”

“One of the biggest things was the fact that (they) had worked and made it happen was enough for me to buy this car,” Chuong said. “That is kind of unheard of for that to happen. The customer service was amazing.”
Chuong added that his Teslas couldn’t match the quality of his new Mach-E.

“(It’s) so much better than Tesla,” the Ford convert said. “It felt more solid and more comfortable. You can tell it was built by a company that has experience and there’s attention to detail and making sure it was done right.”
Chuong’s first trip in the Mach-E was to Costco, where the all-electric SUV was a head-turner.
“Every single person I passed did a double-take,” he said. “It was something they had not seen before.”

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Five-Hour Search Converts Longtime Tesla Owner to Mustang Mach-E Owner By Lunchtime

<snip>
Chuong added that his Teslas couldn’t match the quality of his new Mach-E.

“(It’s) so much better than Tesla,” the Ford convert said. “It felt more solid and more comfortable. You can tell it was built by a company that has experience and there’s attention to detail and making sure it was done right.”
<snip>.”
Wow, I love hearing this part. I can’t wait until my GT-PE is in my hands.

fayt349

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i4 eDrive 40 M-Sport
Occupation
Network Support Engineer
Country flag
Truly great on fords part. I am also coming from Tesla so I can relate to Chuong.

ZuleMME

First Name
Zule
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' Job1 P4X MME, 22' MYP
Occupation
Implementation Engineer
Country flag
It's a great story and great publicity if properly used. But kinda sucks they can't get this level of service for everyone. Perhaps they should sit back and take under consideration how they might attempt to make this level of service more widespread and less of a one off...

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
It's a great story and great publicity if properly used. But kinda sucks they can't get this level of service for everyone. Perhaps they should sit back and take under consideration how they might attempt to make this level of service more widespread and less of a one off...
Oh… oh…. I know. They could kill the antiquated Stealership model and convert the sales people to actually helping the customer find what they’re looking for.
(well, actually, the salespeople usually are trying to help. It’s the sales manager who’s job seems to be to screw the customer).

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Agree about inventory on hand. I didn’t order my Mach-E’s because buying a car without driving one first seems crazy. But in the internet world, I don’t buy a box of cereal without knowing what it’s going to cost, and if it’s cheaper to get it shipped to the house or go pick it up. Buying things is too easy these days,,,, until you get to cars.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
I get it - marketing and all that. But I kinda wish Ford devoted more time and attention to acknowledging and addressing owner issues. Short of having your own popular YouTube channel or Twitter following, Ford hasn’t been very responsive to the rest of us plebes.

I’d settle for even having a dedicated Mach E hotline if I knew the complaints were being logged and studied. I finally got an email address for the FordPass development team so maybe that’ll help on that end. I can be patient for bug fixes if there are at least clear lines of communication, but there aren’t.

So when I see Ford moving heaven and earth to sell a MME to one particular dude because he’s a Tesla fan with a Twitter following, it’s a little frustrating.

BMT1071

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME SR RWD, 23 MME GTPE
Occupation
Regional Service Manager
Country flag
I get it - marketing and all that. But I kinda wish Ford devoted more time and attention to acknowledging and addressing owner issues. Short of having your own popular YouTube channel or Twitter following, Ford hasn’t been very responsive to the rest of us plebes.

I’d settle for even having a dedicated Mach E hotline if I knew the complaints were being logged and studied. I finally got an email address for the FordPass development team so maybe that’ll help on that end. I can be patient for bug fixes if there are at least clear lines of communication, but there aren’t.

So when I see Ford moving heaven and earth to sell a MME to one particular dude because he’s a Tesla fan with a Twitter following, it’s a little frustrating.
What's his handle? None of the search results on Twitter for Chris Chuong have any sort of following.

TheCats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Y5Z
Country flag
'... after owning six Teslas'

What's going on with him?

"Wait, what do you mean by 'They are rechargeable'?"

jonericken

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT
Country flag
I am DYING. I reached out about this very model (because I saw it was arriving soon) and spoke with a sales rep at the dealer who told me they would get back to me. I told them I was ready to buy now and they told me it wasn't sold...so, I guess they went with this guy and didn't bother letting me know. LOL I am seriously laughing out loud. Because I'm down visiting in Florida and thought "maybe I'll find a Mach-e to drive back up" LOL.
Sponsored