Flat-conveyer car wash = N+L?

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Is this only if you use Auto Hold and 1PD off? I have auto hold but use 1PD, and just have to put it in neutral for it to roll freely.
As @DevSecOps said, it depends how you come to a stop. If you stop with 1PD and don't hit the brake pedal, just putting it in Neutral should be enough. But if you hit the brake pedal when stopped, Auto Hold will engage and you'll have to hit L to override it.
Sponsored

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
As @DevSecOps said, it depends how you come to a stop. If you stop with 1PD and don't hit the brake pedal, just putting it in Neutral should be enough. But if you hit the brake pedal when stopped, Auto Hold will engage and you'll have to hit L to override it.
Good to know. I never had an issue with it, but I also don't actually use the brake pedal much either. haha

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Good to know. I never had an issue with it, but I also don't actually use the brake pedal much either. haha
If you leave 1PD active, there's not really much reason to have Auto Hold turned on since both will hold you at a stop and prevent creep.

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3- Tempo- Malibu(3)-Actual Kia Sportage AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Sacrilege for some, but I need to run my Mach-E through my local car wash today, since it’s coated with salt.

My local wash, owned by a friend, is new, having just opened recently. As such, rather than a single metal track with rollers, it uses a full-width, double-track plastic conveyer with plastic wedges on one side that move the car through the wash.

When a car drives onto the belt, you shift to N, and the front wheels do not turn, as the conveyer pulls the car. Until the car is fully on the conveyer, the rear wheels must freely turn.

My assumption is that I should shift into ’temporary neutral’ but turning the selector to N and then pressing the L button. Is this correct, and if so, can I leave the car ‘on’ during the wash?

You can see video of the conveyer on my friend’s website (which yours truly designed and coded for her). The conveyer can be seen about :20 into the video:

http://mickeyscarwash.com
Turn off One Pedal drive
Sponsored