Florida Drivers Beware! Love Bug season has begun!

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
I have heard that they will come off easily using dryer sheets. Has anybody else tried that? I will be checking the front end daily from now on throughout the month of May!
I’ve got the Meguiars detailer spray, works great
Sponsored

OP
OP
RockwallRick

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
Ugh!! Is it just me or has this been the longest love bug season ever? I’m still killing them off on a daily basis!

ElleD

First Name
Elle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium SR RWD; 2010 Subaru Outback
Country flag
Ugh!! Is it just me or has this been the longest love bug season ever? I’m still killing them off on a daily basis!
Are they still here, or did Darksaber and I manage to miss them? I’m waiting for car care products to arrive, think I need to add another mentioned above.

StillWaitingForMachE

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 IBSM ER AWD California Rt 1 MME (Mike-E)
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Speaking of bugs, not a single monarch butterfly has visited our milkweed patch this season so far 😢
There are less and less of them every year.

Bill S

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME Prem ER eAWD, 18 Tesla M3, 64 Falcon Sprint
Country flag
Are they still here, or did Darksaber and I manage to miss them? I’m waiting for car care products to arrive, think I need to add another mentioned above.
They are gone. Ended about 3rd week in May for central FL. Next season about 9/1.

ElleD

First Name
Elle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium SR RWD; 2010 Subaru Outback
Country flag
They are gone for now but they will be back again in September!
I will be ready for them! Stocking up now on cleaning supplies. Just wish I could find my pressure washer.

Matt Bagne

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Alfa Romeo Quadrifoglio, Ford Bronco on order
Country flag
My goodness . . . what do motorcycle riders do?? They would need a full face shield helmet, and even then the little window would be difficult to see out of after a few good bug hits, sounds dangerous!

OP
OP
RockwallRick

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
My goodness . . . what do motorcycle riders do?? They would need a full face shield helmet, and even then the little window would be difficult to see out of after a few good bug hits, sounds dangerous!
It’s doable, I used to ride a motorcycle year round down here! Mainly putting this thread back up for anyone seriously thinking about driving thru Florida during September! Lol

cdodge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mache E GT
Country flag
I live in Miami and I have not seen these yet. I do however have a lot of issues with little yellow droppings on my car. Seems like I just wash my car and drive it home and I have yellow droppings all over. is this bug p**p or what is it? it is pretty bad and happens a lot lately.

joebruin77

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 Tesla Model 3 Perf, '22 Mach E GTPE
Country flag
I live in Miami and I have not seen these yet. I do however have a lot of issues with little yellow droppings on my car. Seems like I just wash my car and drive it home and I have yellow droppings all over. is this bug p**p or what is it? it is pretty bad and happens a lot lately.
Hard to know for sure without seeing a pic, but my best guess is that it is pollen. I get a lot of that on my MME as well. This is why having some waterless wash or detail spray along with some clean soft microfiber towels really helps to keep the MME clean between washes.

OP
OP
RockwallRick

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
Tis the Season! We went to the Tampa Auto Show on Sunday morning. Coming back in the afternoon on hwy 60 they were out but not in massive numbers!

GroovyMom

First Name
Elaina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Subaru Forester, 1999 Jaguar XK8.
Country flag
Here is coastal Georgia, we get our lovebugs in May and September. Always a good time. Not.

Got Colonel Mustard last Wednesday and the bugs have already attacked him. And a bird had the nerve to poop on him. Luckily it rains here everyday!!!!
Sponsored