Florida HOV/95 Express

UriahHeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, Tesla Model 3
Country flag
In case somebody is not aware, you can get HOV decal by filling out the form at https://www.flhsmv.gov/motor-vehicles-tags-titles/high-occupancy-vehicle-decal/ and mailing it to the local tax collector along with a check for $5.75. Note, you must wait until your car is fully registered with a metal license plate which typically takes 30 days from day of delivery. Once you receive your HOV you will be able to register separately for the 95 express sticker (http://www.95express.com/) and use express lanes for free.
Sponsored

OrchidMania

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Premium ER
Occupation
Retired IT, School Math Volunteer
Country flag
In case somebody is not aware, you can get HOV decal by filling out the form at https://www.flhsmv.gov/motor-vehicles-tags-titles/high-occupancy-vehicle-decal/ and mailing it to the local tax collector along with a check for $5.75. Note, you must wait until your car is fully registered with a metal license plate which typically takes 30 days from day of delivery. Once you receive your HOV you will be able to register separately for the 95 express sticker (http://www.95express.com/) and use express lanes for free.
Thanks ... For 15 years of owning hybrids this has always been a hassle with the state of Florida. First I had to get my tag through the mail and then go to tag agency pay them $10 ($5+5$ service fee) for the HOV sticker, then go the south florida commuter site to enroll in the HOV lane program. I hated going to the tag agency so this will save a trip. When I used to ask Florida why this can't be on my tag renewal site, they gave me a lame answer like well this is optional.. To that I responded so is a vanity license plate but that is on the renewal form. After a few years I just stopped asked and went to a local tag agency.......
Thanks again If I don't buy the MME will try the form for my hybrid renewal...

OP
OP

UriahHeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, Tesla Model 3
Country flag
Oh, no need to go to any office. I've been getting HOV decal in the mail for three years without any issues. I've also contacted 95Express via email a few times and each time they responded promptly. To use I-95 express lane you'll have to cover Sunpass with a shield, which is provided for free. With all the Express lane expansions in South FL it is worth getting a pass.

Caliroute1

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT
Occupation
Operations Manager
Country flag
I read on it. Isn’t there a sticker that you need to put in the back window?

OrchidMania

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Premium ER
Occupation
Country flag

OrchidMania

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Premium ER
Occupation
Country flag
Mailed my HOV application to miami dade tag agency 3 weeks ago. Nothing last year when I renewed my hybrid they sent me the yellow sticker without the colored hov rectangle. Go figure.

Darkenmage

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT AWDe and Honda Insight
Occupation
Semi Retired
Country flag
So to clarify, with this decal you need to cover up your toll payment device? So with this decal it is FREE tolls in the entire state of FL? Is it also free for any other out of state tolls that using the FL toll device?

PL281

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Select (Build week 9/26/22)
Country flag
@Darkenmage - This isn't free tolls, but rather it's for the HOV lanes - so for example on 95 there are both HOV and express lanes - the decal allows you to use the HOV lanes - for the express lanes there is a 2nd sticker - I think I4 may also have HOV lanes

Darkenmage

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT AWDe and Honda Insight
Occupation
Semi Retired
Country flag
Ah, TY

OrchidMania

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Premium ER
Occupation
Country flag
So to clarify, with this decal you need to cover up your toll payment device? So with this decal it is FREE tolls in the entire state of FL? Is it also free for any other out of state tolls that using the FL toll device?
The free tolls are ONLY on the 95 express lanes in south florida. When you use those you cover your device. Initially your car is identified as going thru toll without paying then they use your license plate to see if you are enrolled in 96 express program and negate it.

It is a 2 step process the HOV decal and sticker s from your county. Once recieved you can apply to the south florida 1-800 ride program for free 95 express (you will also get a 95 epress decal to go on drivers side front window
Sponsored