Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MMEx CA Route 1
Occupation
Yes
Country flag
Anyone heard of this?

I was browsing Amazon for Mace E specific things and ran across this 'performance' device that purports to give you 'full acceleration' for your Mach E.

Blowing smoke?

/not an affiliate, not a sponsored link, do not receive anything for this link or this thread. Just curious
Sponsored

Rob Daman

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Select RWD base as base can be
Occupation
YouTuber
Country flag
It's a drive by wire throttle amplifier. For automatic ICE vehicles those are worth it due to a lag.

I don't see that as an issue with a MME and 1 speed transmission. Unbridled mode is plenty responsive.

OP
OP
2021-MMEx-RT1

2021-MMEx-RT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MMEx CA Route 1
Occupation
Yes
Country flag
It's a drive by wire throttle amplifier. For automatic ICE vehicles those are worth it due to a lag.

I don't see that as an issue with a MME and 1 speed transmission. Unbridled mode is plenty responsive.
I figured it was snake oil, but wasn’t sure.
Thanks!

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I figured it was snake oil, but wasn’t sure.
Thanks!
Just a fun diversion, but snake oil salesmen are the folks we need to watch out for. Whereas snake oil (when extracted from the Chinese water snake and not some other nonsense put into a bottle by some American entrepreneurs) was a reasonably legitimate treatment for joint pain.

I learned this recently, I think from the Skeptics Guide to the Universe podcast but I can't remember for sure, and I thought that bit of trivia was fascinating.

Here's a good explanation at Wikipedia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snake_oil
Sponsored