Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
I have been using PAAK almost exclusively for my (almost 2 years) of Ownership. The Fob has been wrapped in foil and hidden in the cabin for emergencies; used twice when I left car at the Dealership, and once at a tire shop when I got new shoes.

Gave my wife the Fob to use the car today.... battery is dead as a doornail, which is bad. Wife is unhappy, which is worse. She did NOT take kindly to being locked out, because she did know and doesn't want to remember the door pillar code or PAAK backup code.

...even worse, I only got one Fob with car

1. was there a SSM, or CSP or something giving away second Fobs to those of us delivered with one?

2. How long are these batteries supposed to last? is this a replacement under warranty at no cost at Dealership?
Sponsored

bshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E 4X (Job 1)
Country flag

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I think she's still gonna want to know the door code, but isn't it possible to hold the key fob to a certain spot to allow the car to be started? Maybe it's along the right side of the steering column or maybe it's the fob programming spot inside the center console. I can't remember which.

MeIIo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach E Select
Country flag
My car was built in October 2022 and i got a batterly low in fob message yesterday lol. I only use PAAK so key was probably used less than 5 times.

A-A-Ron

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME Premium 4X
Country flag
I have been using PAAK almost exclusively for my (almost 2 years) of Ownership. The Fob has been wrapped in foil and hidden in the cabin for emergencies; used twice when I left car at the Dealership, and once at a tire shop when I got new shoes.

Gave my wife the Fob to use the car today.... battery is dead as a doornail, which is bad. Wife is unhappy, which is worse. She did NOT take kindly to being locked out, because she did know and doesn't want to remember the door pillar code or PAAK backup code.

...even worse, I only got one Fob with car

1. was there a SSM, or CSP or something giving away second Fobs to those of us delivered with one?

2. How long are these batteries supposed to last? is this a replacement under warranty at no cost at Dealership?
Change the battery. It's not uncommon they die after a couple of years.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
My Ioniq key fob battery died after two years as well, I just think those batteries aren't as good anymore.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
Mine was a job 1 car with one fob. I got the second Fob in December when I had my glass recall done, but it was not automatic. I had the dealer look it up.

As to fob batteries, yeah, about 2 years. I buy a pack on Amazon and have it handy because I have plenty of fobs for Fords around. Not hard for me to change, but my wife would be just like yours. Mad as hell, with me bearing the brunt.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I think she's still gonna want to know the door code, but isn't it possible to hold the key fob to a certain spot to allow the car to be started? Maybe it's along the right side of the steering column or maybe it's the fob programming spot inside the center console. I can't remember which.
The dead fob battery spot is the little holder in the center armrest that looks like a coin holder. The car should start if they put the dead fob in that holder/slot.

heisnuts

First Name
Darrel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance
Country flag
I'm sitting here confused as why this wasn't an option, you can change the battery in the fob right?
come on... That's too easy....

Instead of picking up a CR2450 battery from a local store, wouldn't it be better to go to your local Ford dealer, wait for an available advisor, ask them to write up a warranty ticket for the key fob battery, wait for parts to pull the battery, send it to a tech to install the battery, give the paperwork back to the advisor so they could book the warranty time, print out the invoice for signatures and then go out to test it?

Wait... Now I see what you were saying originally....🤣

How To Video

Last edited:

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
The dead fob battery spot is the little holder in the center armrest that looks like a coin holder. The car should start if they put the dead fob in that holder/slot.
Forgot about that . . . good point.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
come on... That's too easy....

Instead of picking up a CR2450 battery from a local store, wouldn't it be better to go to your local Ford dealer, wait for an available advisor, ask them to write up a warranty ticket for the key fob battery, wait for parts to pull the battery, send it to a tech to install the battery, give the paperwork back to the advisor so they could book the warranty time, print out the invoice for signatures and then go out to test it?

Wait... Now I see what you were saying originally....🤣

How To Video
But parts will have to order the battery because they won’t have it in stock, and of course it will be on back-order. So then you’ll have to arrange for a loaner while you’re car is in the shop and of course they’ll give you a BASE (and I mean BASE) EcoSport to tool around in while they wait for the battery to arrive, then for the tech to install it. Of course, by then, your car will have forgotten all your SiriusXM presets and your PAAK 😀

heisnuts

First Name
Darrel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance
Country flag
But parts will have to order the battery because they won’t have it in stock, and of course it will be on back-order. So then you’ll have to arrange for a loaner while you’re car is in the shop and of course they’ll give you a BASE (and I mean BASE) EcoSport to tool around in while they wait for the battery to arrive, then for the tech to install it. Of course, by then, your car will have forgotten all your SiriusXM presets and your PAAK 😀
Now you are adding contacting the BEV team to open a case 😂
Sponsored