Fog Lights?

jaredhimself

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F-150, 2014 Ford Fusion, 2021 Mustang Mach-E (First Edition Reserved)
Occupation
Developer/Designer
Country flag
Anyone else sad that there appears to be no fog lights?
Sponsored

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
Well as I've done to all of my Mustangs, we head to the aftermarket! Schematics, and wiring instructions will be key!

ejss

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Ford Focus
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I use my fog lights occasionally with my 2011 focus, but with the enhanced headlights, I don't think I'll have much of a use for fog lights. It was something I wanted before, but I don't think I mind anymore.

MachSpeed

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4 SuperCrew 2015 Mustang EcoBoost convertible
Country flag
Fog lights / driving light are another item Ford seem to be dropping from certain models. I like them they help a lot hopefully with LED headlights none will be needed.

OP
OP
jaredhimself

jaredhimself

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Developer/Designer
Country flag
I mainly like them for the looks, but I can definitely tell a difference when they are on with my Fusion.

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
If you live in a foggy part of the world, then the lack front fog lights may be an issue and they do help with the looks but based on the number of idiots I see each day driving with fog lights on in clear weather the absence of fog lights may be a bonus around my neck of the woods.

It is worse with the all European cars I see on the roads as back in euro land you have a button for the front fogs and button for the rear half the time when these vehicles are sold in the USA they drop the rear button but still leave rear fog lights in place (a rear fog is mandatory in Europe) so once the optically challenged brigade turn the fronts on it also does the rears so you now have to put up with a bright red fog light in you face as the owners are completely oblivious to this fact :(.

You can see the rear fog light in the center of the rear valance on the mach-e so it will be interesting if we still get this on the final spec USA versions or if it gets dropped the same as the rear fog light was dropped from the USA Focus RS.

OP
OP
jaredhimself

jaredhimself

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Developer/Designer
Country flag
If you live in a foggy part of the world, then the lack front fog lights may be an issue and they do help with the looks but based on the number of idiots I see each day driving with fog lights on in clear weather the absence of fog lights may be a bonus around my neck of the woods.

It is worse with the all European cars I see on the roads as back in euro land you have a button for the front fogs and button for the rear half the time when these vehicles are sold in the USA they drop the rear button but still leave rear fog lights in place (a rear fog is mandatory in Europe) so once the optically challenged brigade turn the fronts on it also does the rears so you now have to put up with a bright red fog light in you face as the owners are completely oblivious to this fact :(.

You can see the rear fog light in the center of the rear valance on the mach-e so it will be interesting if we still get this on the final spec USA versions or if it gets dropped the same as the rear fog light was dropped from the USA Focus RS.
Good point. I didn't know that about Europe... I figured the center rear light was simply the reverse light.

JeffIsHereToo

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shelby GT, Boss 302
Country flag
There is a big difference between fog lights and driving lights. Unfortunately those differences have been lost over the years in the pursuit of just looking cool.

Mark Hassa

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Rapid Red Mach E Awd SR
Occupation
Food Inspector
Country flag
If you enable the side mirrors to tilt while in reverse (Need FORScan), go and click on the "i" icon next to the toggle switch. There's an animation which appears to show a reverse light with integrated rear fog light.
Sponsored